Best Movie Badguy of all time?

I'm suprised no one has mentioned the following yet

T-800 from 1st terminator

T-1000

Agent Smith

The machines get not love :-p

Anyway, greatest movie villin. I vote Jar Jar Binks. The guy hands the repubilc over to the emperor in a handbasket and is proud if it. Best villins are the one who don't even know they are evil! :ph34r: (Yes this is a joke)

The Predator from Predator.

You could argue the predator wasn't really bad (even though they look bad ass) at all since it spares lives several times:

1. pregnant women in train in pred 2

2. does not harm the women because she is unarmed in pred 1

3. they reward danny glover for beating one in combat

To me the preds are just hunters looking for someone to challenge them to toughen them up or "for sport". There is no evil in how they rip the spinal cord and keep the skull as trophies since the intent wasn't really to be cruel but to show off in front of other predators of what they defeated. Although the way they skin the bodies is very savage, even they have some kind of warrior code: only attacking strong opponents or those who might be threat to them because they only like to use close combat weapons.

Unlike the kurgen they wouldn't just take pleaseure in seeing someone else suffering and so there is no reward for being cruel and evil. In fact, in one of the "Aliens vs Predator" arcade games the predators actualy help save the human race (along with the cyborgs from 'aliens') because they are afriad if the aliens (from the alien movie) have thier way with us, they will have no sport to challenge in the future. :D

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I can't believe that nobody's mentioned the emperior.

I was going to mention Palpatine, for all of a minute I thought that was probably theb est possible choice of villain. But than I thought of a cinematic villain that had been around much longer, who had an even creepier and just plain evil movie presence (if only for one scene).

Dr_Strangelove-01.jpg

I'm quite surprised that no one else has agreed.

How can you guys forget the Bond villains?

post-237-0-58313300-1401944037.jpg
Ernst Stavro Blofeld (just about every Connery-era Bond film)
"Siamese fighting fish, fascinating creatures. Brave but of the whole stupid. Yes they're stupid. Except for the occasional one such as we have here who lets the other two fight. While he waits. Waits until the survivor is so exhausted that he cannot defend himself, and then like SPECTRE... he strikes!"

Ruthless (oftentimes faceless, as the earlier films just showed his hands holding his white Persian cat) leader of S.P.E.C.T.R.E., he was the benchmark of all diabolical, plot-scheming film terrorists. Became a more hated villain when he gunned down Bond's wife in the end of On Her Majesty's Secret Service.

post-237-0-67607600-1401944038_thumb.jpg
Auric Goldfinger (Goldfinger)
"No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!"

While Blofeld was the leading Bond terrorist, Goldfinger set the standards for the evil tycoon character seen in many other Bond films. Surprisingly enough, Gert Fröbe, who played Goldfinger, never really spoke a word of English.

post-237-0-49198300-1401944039.jpg
Alec Travelyan (GoldenEye)
"I might as well ask if all those vodka martinis silence the screams of all the men you've killed... or if you've found forgiveness in the arms of all those willing women for the dead ones you failed to protect?"

He wasn't rich and he didn't lead a major terrorist group, but he was just downright evil. He betrayed England because of how the country treated his Cossack brethren after World War II. He also held a grudge on Bond for scarring his face.

Edited by areaseven

Here's another bad guy nominee:

Commodus (Gladiator)
"The general who became a slave. The slave who became a gladiator. The gladiator who defied an emperor. Striking story! But now, the people want to know how the story ends. Only a famous death will do. And what could be more glorious than to challenge the Emperor himself in the great arena?"

In many ways, he was a complete a-hole of a villain. He killed his own father because Maximus was to become the next emperor. He then had Maximus executed (which, of course, failed) and then sent an army to bludgeon Maximus' wife and son. Big mistake, as he eventually got his ass handed to him by Maximus.

post-237-0-62664200-1401943828_thumb.jpeg

Edited by areaseven

My vote for best movie villian? Well it's gotta be (well one of 'em anyway)

Fung Cheh Wu Chi, the Master of the Flying Guillotine If this guy don't qualify as top notch badass, I don't know what does. He's a blind, a monk, and a kick ass and take names kung fu master. His special instrument of death: a lethal and completely implausible weapon that resembles a Qing dynasty-era hat with razor-sharp blades hidden inside. By way of a long chain, the guillotine is swung and hurled onto the head of some unsuspecting victim, a chain mail net comes down, and SNAP! - off with his head. This flick is considered one of the all time classic 70s kung fu films (why, I have no idea). But it's definitely good for some laughs.

Fung has marked for revenge the man who has killed his two best students: Yu Tieh Lun, the famed One Armed Boxer (no, I'm not kidding). What results is an action packed frag fest filled with wild characters and a high body count. The Master is da man!

post-26-1113107030.jpg

I agree with areaseven on the Bond villans.

My favorites were always Darth Vader, Emperor Palpatine, Khan Noonian Sing, Maleficent, T-1000, General Cheng, Agent Smith, The Wicked Witch of the West, Nicholson's Joker, Imhotep, etc. :ph34r:

Vader? If his prowess can be measured by how he performed/fought in the movies then I'd be more afraid of Q-bert. I don't know about best movie badguy, but if we're going to mention anyone from the Star Wars universe it should either be Palpatine or, my personal favorite, the graceful and ever powerful Count Dooku. I'll take his fencing style over that hack and slash Jedi nonsense anyday...

My vote for best movie villian?  Well it's gotta be (well one of 'em anyway)

Fung Cheh Wu Chi, the Master of the Flying Guillotine  If this guy don't qualify as top notch badass, I don't know what does.  He's a blind, a monk, and a kick ass and take names kung fu master.  His special instrument of death: a lethal and completely implausible weapon that resembles a Qing dynasty-era hat with razor-sharp blades hidden inside. By way of a long chain, the guillotine is swung and hurled onto the head of some unsuspecting victim, a chain mail net comes down, and SNAP! - off with his head.  This flick is considered one of the all time classic 70s kung fu films (why, I have no idea).  But it's definitely good for some laughs. 

Fung has marked for revenge the man who has killed his two best students: Yu Tieh Lun, the famed One Armed Boxer (no, I'm not kidding).  What results is an action packed frag fest filled with wild characters and a high body count.  The Master is da man!

Great Choice!!! I love the scene where he mistakenly kills the One Armed Beggar in the restaurant. There is a new release of that film with 12 minutes of film added that had been cut out.

Actor wise I'd have to go with either Hwang Jang Lee or Lo Lieh No other actors can even come close to portraying villains as these 2 except Christopher Lee. What made these 2 great villians was that they could actually kick your ass onscreen or offscreen. Notable movies include : Born Invincible, Drunken Master, Fist of the White Lotus, Master Killer, Snake in the Eagles Shadow, Mad Monkey Kung Fu.

Other Notable Bad Guys:

The Bad-- Lee Van Clief in the Good the Bad,The Ugly

Gary Oldman in Bram Stokers Dracula

Bela Lugosi in Dracula

LeatherFace in Tx Chainsaw Massacre

Nino Brown New Jack City

Freddy Krueger

Norman Bates Psycho

Cathy Bates in Misery

Damien in The Omen

Edited by Golden Arms

Toecutter from Mad Max

The entire gang from Road Warrior

Bill from Kill Bill

just about everyone in Scarface and Goodfellas

Robert Denaro as Capone in Untouchables

Ion Holm and the creature itself from the original Alien

The queen from Aliens

Micheal Myers from the original Holloween

Gary Oldman in Bram Stokers Dracula

He was so much scarier in Leon/The Professional.

I like these calm little moments before the storm... Do you like Beethoven?

even though his performance in Leon was top notch, his dracula was just a masterpiece.

Edited by Ladic

The Predator from Predator.

You could argue the predator wasn't really bad (even though they look bad ass) at all since it spares lives several times:

1. pregnant women in train in pred 2

2. does not harm the women because she is unarmed in pred 1

3. they reward danny glover for beating one in combat

To me the preds are just hunters looking for someone to challenge them to toughen them up or "for sport". There is no evil in how they rip the spinal cord and keep the skull as trophies since the intent wasn't really to be cruel but to show off in front of other predators of what they defeated. Although the way they skin the bodies is very savage, even they have some kind of warrior code: only attacking strong opponents or those who might be threat to them because they only like to use close combat weapons.

Unlike the kurgen they wouldn't just take pleaseure in seeing someone else suffering and so there is no reward for being cruel and evil. In fact, in one of the "Aliens vs Predator" arcade games the predators actualy help save the human race (along with the cyborgs from 'aliens') because they are afriad if the aliens (from the alien movie) have thier way with us, they will have no sport to challenge in the future. :D

you forgot in pred 2. in the graveyard the one kid points a plastic red uzi at the pred cloaked then the pred aims his laser aimer device at the kid and relizes its a toy then continue to stare at danny glover.

Edited by Zentrandude

Thanks I must have forgot, been ages since I saw it.

Arnie would not have lived in the first predator movie if it wasn't for the predator's own sense of "combat fairness". That's why it needed to prove to itself it was superior to him by shedding some of the gear first before it would try to take his skull as a trophy, or the kill wouldn't count and it would have to go back in shame to its homeworld. The humans are more like 'game', just like the aliens from "aliens", rather than an enemy on thier level of skill to be treated as a serious threat to them. In the second movie, there is a "Queen Alien's" skull on the wall of the ship with all the other 'trophies' - skulls of other species of animals and aliens it has hunted and fought in the past.

If it did kill the pregnant woman or that little kid it would go back to its home the laughing stock of all preds for picking on weak defencless targets. :) As gruesome as the skinning of those soldiers was in the first movie, I still wouldn't say it was an evil alien.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

The Gunslinger in West World.

Oh hell yeah!

Man I SOOOOOOOO loved that movie! :D

I nominate:

Freddy

He rates right up there with Pinhead, Jason(early), and Micheal Myers.

But for me I'm split between 2: Crais and Scorpius.

Edited by chrono

Here's another bad guy nominee:

Commodus (Gladiator)

"AM I NOT MERCIFUL?!!"

In many ways, he was a complete a-hole of a villain. He killed his own father because Maximus was to become the next emperor. He then had Maximus executed (which, of course, failed) and then sent an army to bludgeon Maximus' wife and son. Big mistake, as he eventually got his ass handed to him by Maximus.

Actually, I think Maximus' wife and son were crucified.

Let's also not forget Commodus' incestual desires for his sister.

And yet, through it all, that little prick still manages to cling to a tiny shred of the audience's sympathy. . . Joaquin Phoenix really does an excellent job with that character.