Transformers the Movie

178 members have voted

1. 1. Now that you've seen it, what did you think?

• It kicked ass!
    • Good, but not as good as the original.
    • Meh.
    • I want Grimlock to step on Michael Bay.

Stop with the Negative Nancy remarks. It's a teaser, not even a trailer, and you guys are already ragging on it. I've never seen so much pessimism on a board before.

Stop with the Negative Nancy remarks.  It's a teaser, not even a trailer, and you guys are already ragging on it.  I've never seen so much pessimism on a board before.

412769[/snapback]

Teasers and Trailer virtually are non-different now.

Stop with the Negative Nancy remarks.  It's a teaser, not even a trailer, and you guys are already ragging on it.  I've never seen so much pessimism on a board before.

412769[/snapback]

412798[/snapback]

explain.. please provide examples.

412769[/snapback]

412798[/snapback]

412806[/snapback]

A real Teaser is maybe only about 5 seconds of video or a few pieces photograph footage. Today's Teaser's run nearly equal to a full Trailers length so there really isn't any difference. They are now commonly called Teaser Trailers. :) So anything more then a few seconds of footage can easily be called a Trailer.

412769[/snapback]

412798[/snapback]

412806[/snapback]

A real Teaser is maybe only about 5 seconds of video or a few pieces photograph footage. Today's Teaser's run nearly equal to a full Trailers length so there really isn't any difference. They are now commonly called Teaser Trailers. :) So anything more then a few seconds of footage can easily be called a Trailer.

412835[/snapback]

Did you see more than 5 seconds of any actual footage showing any Transformer? All we saw were the Mars Rover mock-footage. Whatever it is, it definitely isn't a trailer.

Yeah, trailers are often like 5 minutes long and show a helluva lot more. Teasers barely show anything, are about a minute long, and tend to show more of the mundane stuff while only hinting at the meaty goodness.

Maybe you 2 should actually time some movie trailers.

X3 comes 1:38

Alien 1:50

Aliens 1:51

Shinobi 2:09

Slither 1:34

The Omen 1:34

The Keep 1:59

RoboCop 1:39

Terminator 2 1:28

Talladega Nights 2:15

American Psycho 1:52

Monster House 2:01

The Sixth Sense 2:14

Final Fantasy 1:32

Negadon 3 1:44

Death Trance 00:53

Syriana 2:22

Lady in the Water 1:48

Ice Age2 1:16

MI3 Trailer 1:35

Superman II 2:15

Eight Below 2:22

Ju-on 1:29

Phantasm 2:09

HALO THE MOVIE 2:03

Ultraviolet 2:17

POSEIDON 4:37

Old, younger, new, and upcoming movies and this are ALL trailers. And your proclaimed 'teaser' comes in at 1:39. So really don't give me your sh!t. Especially when Japanese trailers normally go around 30 seconds. Blame the people who shove their credits and movie build-up crap into the trailer taking up time.

I believe the term is fartING OWNED!

Old, younger, new, and upcoming movies and this are ALL trailers. And your proclaimed 'teaser' comes in at 1:39.

Except almost all of those trailers contained mostly new footage from the films advertised and proudly featured the main characters of the movies.

The Transformer "trailer" consists solely of old NASA stock footage, some faked Mars rover footage, one second of a shadow of what we guess to be Megatron, and half a blurry second of the actual character, by which we still can't acertain the identity of. That's a tease if anything... and I'd consider it a teaser simply by its apparent function and the effect it has on its viewer, regardless of its actual running time.

Anyway, I've lost track of what this argument was about. As I understand it, it's either an extremely crappy trailer, or a moderately dissapointing teaser, depending on what you wanna call it. Either way, there's all of nothing in this trailer/teaser by which we can accurately judge the movie itself. My main worry for this film is why they haven't shown us more, and I wasn't terribly excited about "Megatron's" design from what I could make out in those few frames, but I won't pretend I have any idea how the actual film is going to turn out.

Edited by Sundown

the skeletal forms could very well be what they look like *before* they get earth forms...

412892[/snapback]

Did you ever watch MTMTE part 1??

And if you are just going by the movie - well, judging by the shot of Bumblebee... that isn't correct. He still looks skeletal and goofy.

412894[/snapback]

nope haven't seen it... link?

I don't know, Transformers... I can't imagine Megatron and Soundwave as anything other than P-38 and cassette player.  I wonderwhat are the alternate modes going to be.

412869[/snapback]

Megatron's a tank....Soundwave is an Apache helicopter and has been renamed Vortex.

Maybe you 2 should actually time some movie trailers.

X3 comes 1:38

Alien 1:50

Aliens 1:51

Shinobi 2:09

Slither 1:34

The Omen 1:34

The Keep 1:59

RoboCop 1:39

Terminator 2 1:28

Talladega Nights 2:15

American Psycho 1:52

Monster House 2:01

The Sixth Sense 2:14

Final Fantasy 1:32

Negadon 3 1:44

Death Trance 00:53

Syriana 2:22

Lady in the Water 1:48

Ice Age2 1:16

MI3 Trailer 1:35

Superman II 2:15

Eight Below 2:22

Ju-on 1:29

Phantasm 2:09

HALO THE MOVIE 2:03

Ultraviolet 2:17

POSEIDON 4:37

Old, younger, new, and upcoming movies and this are ALL trailers. And your proclaimed 'teaser' comes in at 1:39. So really don't give me your sh!t. Especially when Japanese trailers normally go around 30 seconds. Blame the people who shove their credits and movie build-up crap into the trailer taking up time.

I believe the term is fartING OWNED!

412863[/snapback]

Those trailers actually show ACTUAL FOOTAGE though; not some bs like in that Transformers TEASER ("trailer").

"Teaser trailers usually contain little, if any, actual footage from the film." - Wikipedia

I ask you AGAIN, did we see any ACTUAL footage of ANY Transformers for more than 5 seconds?

Hey Jack-ass, "I believe the term is fartING OWNED![?]" Step down please. :rolleyes:

Edited by Oihan

Hey guys, hopefully this will cheer yer spirits up! ... definitely not a shadow:

http://www.blackfilm.com/20060512/features...est_video.shtml

412637[/snapback]

um....HELLO! Not official movie footage. ;)

412648[/snapback]

hmm...i didn't say this was part of the transformers movie...just a possibility based from the freelancer's site. if one person can do this, imagine a whole team of special fx crews.

but anyhow, you guys are a tough crowd. hopefully they'll have a complete trailer at the 2006 San Diego Comic Convention.

Hey guys, hopefully this will cheer yer spirits up! ... definitely not a shadow:

http://www.blackfilm.com/20060512/features...est_video.shtml

412637[/snapback]

um....HELLO! Not official movie footage. ;)

412648[/snapback]

hmm...i didn't say this was part of the transformers movie...just a possibility based from the freelancer's site. if one person can do this, imagine a whole team of special fx crews.

but anyhow, you guys are a tough crowd. hopefully they'll have a complete trailer at the 2006 San Diego Comic Convention.

412927[/snapback]

yeah dude, I was just kidding. Its a sweet clip, especially considering it was done by an individual. You have a cute pussy by the way. :lol:

the skeletal forms could very well be what they look like *before* they get earth forms...

412892[/snapback]

And if you are just going by the movie - well, judging by the shot of Bumblebee... that isn't correct. He still looks skeletal and goofy.

412894[/snapback]

You mean where all the characters look exactly the same about nine million years before they ever adapted to Earth? Yeah that was really farting smart. They should make the same mistakes as a shitty 80's cartoon.

412892[/snapback]

412894[/snapback]

You mean where all the characters look exactly the same about nine million years before they ever adapted to Earth? Yeah that was really farting smart. They should make the same mistakes as a shitty 80's cartoon.

412970[/snapback]

wuh? that's what...? psh. lame. I don't think the movie is going to be so beholden to the cartoon.

I figure the movie producers have a tough job of trying to please both the G1 TF fans (like myself) and the newer, younger ones who bought toys from the other series like: universe, alternators, etc. .... (of which I have no idea who is who). So they probably mixed and matched various characters with different models. A shame, but a good marketing ploy attempt. After all, they are probably gonna release a ton of TF toys around this movie.

My 2 cents.

To be, Bumblebee will always be a VW bug.

:)

Edited by Vermillion21

wuh? that's what...? psh. lame. I don't think the movie is going to be so beholden to the cartoon.

412971[/snapback]

Hey! I like that episode. Yeah it is weird to see the Seekers magically transform into pyramid-like Cybertronian fighters when their robot modes look just like they do on Earth. Same thing with Jazz, Wheeljack, and Bumblebee.

Soundwave is believable though... he transforms into a damned lamppost.

Edited by meh_cd

Those trailers actually show ACTUAL FOOTAGE though; not some bs like in that Transformers TEASER ("trailer").

"Teaser trailers usually contain little, if any, actual footage from the film." - Wikipedia

I ask you AGAIN, did we see any ACTUAL footage of ANY Transformers for more than 5 seconds?

Hey Jack-ass, "I believe the term is fartING OWNED![?]"  Step down please. :rolleyes:

412917[/snapback]

LOL! I knew that their were people who didn't honestly have a clue in the world but I've never meet one until you. Did you actually read your quote from Wiki at all!?!? A teaser trailer is STILL a trailer and it's only spliting hairs and people whining because they didn't get what they wanted.

So for you if the trailer doesn't show 100% transformers then it's only a teaser. That's fairly dumb and overly much like saying that the since the Spiderman 3 trailer didn't show Venom so it's a teaser. So then you know what's in the movie and what's not already? Even though it's no where near finished, and the ONLY ones who actually do know are the ones working on it. So the ONLY ways you'll know is if you watch the movie and then it's a fairly mote point by then.

Trailers serve one purpose and that's to pull people into the theathers nothing more.

Edited by chrono

GTV is advertising that they will have the scoop on the TF moving from the San Diego con in a couple weeks... or something like that, it was pretty late last night when i saw the commercial. "NEXT SUMMER'S BIGGEST MOVIE, and we have the scoop!"

Hey Jack-ass, "I believe the term is fartING OWNED![?]"  Step down please. :rolleyes:

412917[/snapback]

LOL! I knew that their were people who didn't honestly have a clue in the world but I've never meet one until you. Did you actually read your quote from Wiki at all!?!? A teaser trailer is STILL a trailer and it's only spliting hairs and people whining because they didn't get what they wanted.

So for you if the trailer doesn't show 100% transformers then it's only a teaser. That's fairly dumb and overly much like saying that the since the Spiderman 3 trailer didn't show Venom so it's a teaser. So then you know what's in the movie and what's not already? Even though it's no where near finished, and the ONLY ones who actually do know are the ones working on it. So the ONLY ways you'll know is if you watch the movie and then it's a fairly mote point by then.

Trailers serve one purpose and that's to pull people into the theathers nothing more.

413059[/snapback]

So you KNEW that there were people who honestly didn't have a clue in the world? Have a clue about what? Please make complete thoughts if you're going to 'attack' someone.

It's right there in plain English, genius!

Just because they tack on 'trailer' to the end of 'teaser' doesn't make it a TRAILER, it's still a TEASER. And there WASN'T any footage other than some bs Mars-Rover mock up, hence it's a teaser. They TEASED us with 3-5 seconds worth of footage showing the shadow of a Transformer; it's a T E A S E R. Also, regarding your (retarded) comment about Spiderman. The movie is about SPIDERMAN, why the hell would they focus on Venom? "That's fairly dumb" to think they'd focus on Venom. If it was about Venom then they WOULDN'T call it Spiderman now, would they? To quote you: "LOL! I knew that their were people who didn't honestly have a clue in the world but I've never meet one until you."

To get back on topic, I hope this movie doesn't disappoint. I want to see Transformers die like they did in the cartoon movie! I'd like for it to be as "realistic" as possible (note the quotation marks), none of this 'I've been shot several times but can still move about' business. But I'm sure if they were to add death or whatever it'd probably jack up the rating on the movie. Anyone know the rating on this movie? Is it PG-13?

Edited by Oihan

Maybe this will end the argument for once...

official words from the trailer's creator

Entertainment and design company Imaginary Forces (IF) recently designed and animated the dynamic title reveal in the "Transformers" teaser trailer. The teaser for the Michael Bay-directed film is online now at the official website, www.transformersmovie.com and will play in theaters with Disney's "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest" on July 7th. IF Creative Director Peter Frankfurt led the team of artists, and IF Art Director Sean Koriakin spearheaded the design and animation for the titles, which employed advanced kinematics and realistic engineering similar to the Transformers characters themselves.

The trailer begins with quick shots of a rocket preparing to launch. Motion graphics introduce it as the Beagle 2 Mars Rover, which was launched in 2003 and crashed onto the surface of Mars as seen from a variety of cameras aboard the probe. "Its final transmission was classified top secret," continues the text as a silhouette of a humanoid robot shape steps into the probe's view. After a beat, the robot smashes the rover with its fist. "It was the only warning we would ever get."

As the orchestral theme swells in an ominous way, the "Transformers" logo begins to reconfigure, its pieces and panels moving intelligently and dynamically. They open, expand and contract with purpose to take on the new form of 7.4.7 marking the feature's release date. The breathing mega-structure then transforms into the Autobot symbol.

Imaginary Forces, along with several collaborators, were charged with establishing the brand of the film via the teaser trailer. Since limited footage was available, the IF team derived the design for the titles based on artwork and previs drawings presented by Michael Bay in initial meetings. The live-action feature departs from the old "Transformers" cartoons and 1986 animated film by employing a more real-world approach.

"The teaser marks the first branding effort for the film," explains IF Art Director Sean Koriakin, who was also Imaginary Forces' Lead Animator and Designer. "We knew there would be limited footage available and only a glimpse of a robot so it was important that we define this new world and aesthetic in the title reveal. The title is a detailed piece of architecture that is intricate, logical and clearly articulated. There are many elements and panels that fit into each other perfectly like a giant jigsaw puzzle. We spent a lot of time working on textures and creating the shapes of the parts - with interiors that were anatomical and derived from a human muscle form. In keeping with the film's portrayal of the Transformers, we had to make the title appear as realistic as possible."

Koriakin worked closely with IF Designer Noah Olmsted on the design and architecture of the titles. Olmsted spent a month researching and culling from various influences including Japanese mechanical design, Russian constructivist style, Dutch landscape painting, as well as certain ideas of the sublime.

"This project was an exciting opportunity to venture into uncharted territory in terms of movement and architecture," says Olmsted. "We had to work with the conceptual art and make it super robust, high-tech, tough and big yet these mega-structures had to make sense. The machines have a different way of moving, but it also had to be organic. How do you keep that balance of biomorphic mass and metal in the movement? It was really cool to work with Sean and see how the actions of our design informed the animation and vice versa."

"We had a great experience working with Michael Bay," concludes Koriakin. "He is very clear in his vision, but we were able to make something bold and interesting within the world that he's created. There were several groups involved in this ambitious project and we enjoyed the collaboration with Paramount Pictures, Ignition Creative and Asylum."

"Transformers" Teaser Title Designed & Produced by: Imaginary Forces (IF)

Creative Director: Peter Frankfurt Art Director: Sean Koriakin Executive

Producer: Annabelle Richardson

Producers: Ben Apley, Claudina Mercado

Designers: Sean Koriakin, Ahmet Ahmet, Noah Olmsted, Ronnie Koff

Animators: Sean Koriakin, Brian Broussard, Robin Roepstorff, Hao Cui Inferno

Artist: Rod Basham, Matt Spencer

Coordinator: Courtney Graham

Textures by: With a Twist Studios

Studio: Paramount Pictures & DreamWorks Pictures

Director: Michael Bay

Executive Producers: Steven Spielberg, Michael Bay, Brian Goldner, Mark Vahradian

Producers: Don Murphy, Tom DeSanto, Lorenzo di Bonaventura, Ian Bryce Story

by: Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci, John Rogers Screenplay by: Alex Kurtzman,

Roberto Orci Senior Vice President, Creative Advertising: Josh Greenstein

Teaser Concept and Creative Direction: Ignition Creative Creative Directors:

Martin Kistler and Jamey Bradshaw

Editor: Doug Brandt

Composer: Steve Jablonsky

Visual Effects Company: Asylum Visual Effects

Theatrical Release Date: July 7, 2006 with Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead

Man's Chest

About Imaginary Forces

IMAGINARY FORCES (IF) is an entertainment and design company based in Hollywood and New York. Its award-winning work spans the diverse industries of feature film production, entertainment marketing and promotion, corporate branding, architecture, advertising and interactive media. IF's recent work includes identity packages for USA Network, Animal Planet and MTV, as well as effective and compelling broadcast advertising for Nike, Toyota, Pontiac, Smirnoff and Lexus. In entertainment and media marketing, IF created campaigns for such films as The Chronicles of Narnia, The Stepford Wives, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Signs and both Men in Black films. The company also designed and produced main title sequences for The Break-Up, The Prize Winner of Defiance, Ohio, Ray, The Legend of Zorro, Band of Brothers, Spider-Man, Dr. Seuss' The Cat in the Hat and Seven, and produced the highly successful Blade trilogy. Combining architecture and media, IF has developed branded experiences for IBM, Morgan Stanley, Airbus Industries and the NFL's Baltimore Ravens. The studio is also a principal partner in United Architects (UA), one of six finalists for the re-design of the World Trade Center site at Ground Zero. Combining storytelling, Filmmaking and architecture to address the social, emotional, urban, national and international issues, the UA model is now a part of the permanent collection at the Museum of Modern Art. Most recently, the company designed and created projections for Director Julie Taymor's operatic production of "Grendel." For more information about Imaginary Forces' capabilities, contact Director of Business Development Danixa Diaz at danixa@imaginaryforces.com.