Transformers the Movie

178 members have voted

1. 1. Now that you've seen it, what did you think?

• It kicked ass!
    • Good, but not as good as the original.
    • Meh.
    • I want Grimlock to step on Michael Bay.

I have found few things more "mysterious" than trucks when it comes to specs. It's easier to find out the specs of stealth fighters, than basic info on most semis. Go to Peterbilt.com and try to find even the basic wheelbase and weight options of a 379...

It's amazing. If there's one thing that there's no info about on the 'net, it's semis. Has always annoyed me, as there's almost no way to get any info on a truck you saw, or a truck you know about.

I suppose the film production company didn't have much choice when it came to obtaining a new truck for the film; in this media-marketing driven climate in today's movie-making, only a new model [that a mfr could be enticed to provide, glad to get the media exposure] would do, to be sure. I don't think any other US mfr even makes cab-over design trucks any more? Neither Peterbuilt, International nor KW make them any more do they?

I'm partial to the traditional designs myself, like the KW W900 and Pete 379. Had a chance to ride a W900 back from Daytona to Danville once; I can tell you it was a hella comfortable ride, with the captain's chairs and air-ride. Damn sight better'n coming back in a plain-jane dually!

As far as lack of info on the Pete 379? I suppose stuff like wheelbase and weight options are moot, due to their claim of near infinite customability? "...The Model 379 can be equipped from the widest range of engines available – up to 600 HP – and a variety of Peterbilt’s proprietary suspension systems, so it can be easily configured to meet the demands of virtually any job and the hauling requirements of most any application. The wheelbase can be adjusted in one-inch increments and six different frame rails are offered to custom match strength-to-weight requirements." But there are specs to be found: http://www.peterbilt.com/379Details.asp?model=model379

I kinda like the custom trucks that say "to hell with efficiency," "aero, schmero" and go for all out comfort and style. This Reliable Carriers must be a coveted job to get amongst truckers, as they seem to equip their drivers in some all-out over the top trucks, like homes on wheels...

reliable_car_kw1.jpg

reliable_car_pb379a.jpg

bill_davis_kw02.jpg

Edited by reddsun1

I'm curious; what's inside of those things, other than a full size bed? Are we talking full accomodations, or what?

I'm curious; what's inside of those things, other than a full size bed?  Are we talking full accomodations, or what?

408258[/snapback]

You have never seen inside one? :huh: Holly crap! Its a fricken apartment on wheels! Most are 100x better than any RV :blink:

If Bumblebee not being a Beetle is such an issue, why bother having him in the first place? Asides from providing Spike and his girlfriend a cool place to make out, and being a punching bag for Thundercracker and Skywarp Bumblebee served no other purpose in the cartoon.

I'd rather see Bumblebee's character shelved than being turned into a Camaro, a moped, an aircraft carrier or whatever for Pete's sake...

Edited by myk

He carried the look of bumblee bee but in the long run was still not bumblee bee.

I for one am glad atleast that he's in the movie, it wouldn't be a G1 rendition without the character, even if he's not a bug, it's not a big deal. I think VW is just full of freaks anyways who just wanna promote a peace luvin way and dread even the slightest thought of their vehicles being used in a "War" like senerio....

Yeah, I guess VW's hoping that as time goes on people will forget that Hitler use to roll with their wheels.

Oh well, this is like Ferrari originally not wanting their cars being available in Need for Speed's Hot Pursuit portion of the game, so as to avoid being associated with anything evil...

Yeah, I guess VW's hoping that as time goes on people will forget that Hitler use to roll with their wheels.

Oh well, this is like Ferrari originally not wanting their cars being available in Need for Speed's Hot Pursuit portion of the game, so as to avoid being associated with anything evil...

408439[/snapback]

Are these the "real" reasons you've read somewhere or just speculation? Cause if it's the former, then that's a shame. I will always envision Transformer Bumblebee as a VW beetle.

:(

Yep, even if VW's car would be used on the side of good, it'd still be used as a war machine, which is a big no no.....I'm sure somewhere out there, some freak is bad mouthing about this movie to the point it makes him feel so stupid. Then he'll go see the movie and go "OMFG! IT WAS THE SUXOR! Don't see this movie! It blew a huge amount of lung butter! Bumblee was haxd!"

While another guy is going "WOW! THIS MOVIE WAS THE HOLY GRAIL! IT OWNZDSKI!"

-_- you know it WILL happen.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey guys, hopefully this will cheer yer spirits up! ... definitely not a shadow:

http://www.blackfilm.com/20060512/features...est_video.shtml

412637[/snapback]

That's a test done by a non-movie related studio.

meh_cd/others, sorry that's 100% teaser/trailer! And everything else that I've seen implies that Bay is not gonna be using much, if any, of the source materials. I've all ready seen the physical mock-up of BumbleBee, pretty poor looking.

Hey guys, hopefully this will cheer yer spirits up! ... definitely not a shadow:

http://www.blackfilm.com/20060512/features...est_video.shtml

412637[/snapback]

That's a test done by a non-movie related studio.

meh_cd/others, sorry that's 100% teaser/trailer! And everything else that I've seen implies that Bay is not gonna be using much, if any, of the source materials. I've all ready seen the physical mock-up of BumbleBee, pretty poor looking.

412649[/snapback]

got any pics of bumblebee. If not, get some. YOU GO NOW!

Is bumblebee a car or something else? IF car, what kind.

After seeing the trailer and the official pics, I change my vote to it will suck. Someone was right when they said "Bionicle the movie" because the robot looked more like Bionicle than a Transformer (that pic of the "Bumblebee" mock-up).

Edited by peter

The shadow looked like it had a big apparatus on its right arm. The head kinda hinted to me it's Megatron. Opinions anyone?

I think on some sites out there Bumblebee is rumored to be a yellow Camaro or something.

412695[/snapback]

Yeah thats what the consensus is. He's a yellow camaro with black striping down the middle. I know i've seen pictures of his vehicle mode floating around.

As for the teaser/trailer... i'll hold judgement for a bit. I was never a fan of the idea to make this into a live action movie to begin with and this isn't helping me believe this is something i'll enjoy. <_<

Edited by Veritas

I waited like 2 hours for the freaking video to load and I'll got was a shadow. =(

412735[/snapback]

Dat''s why they call it a TEASER. XD