Transformers the Movie

178 members have voted

1. 1. Now that you've seen it, what did you think?

• It kicked ass!
    • Good, but not as good as the original.
    • Meh.
    • I want Grimlock to step on Michael Bay.

Whatcha guys think? Me? As long as I get some cool toys out of this movie thats all I care about. Transformers has always been about cool toys for me. I really don't care that much about the story :-p

Whatcha guys think? Me? As long as I get some cool toys out of this movie thats all I care about. Transformers has always been about cool toys for me. I really don't care that much about the story :-p

Ditto. I'm only in it for the toys. TF: the Movie was alright, but everything else I've seen, including the original series, is a lot of butt.

It sure has a lot to live up to. The first Transformers movie rocked! It still hold up today in all aspects.

Not sure the current generation can do it. We shall see....

With the people involved, Steven Spielberg and Dreamworks, I'm sure it'll be a great popcorn flick. B))

Agreed. I know what to expect going in there.

DECENT. POPCORN. FLICK.

As long as they get the same guy to do Prime's voice.

Same here and don`t forget Starscream`s voice actor :)

He's dead. RIP. Same goes for handful of them, including Jazz.

Edited by ComicKaze

The word right now is that Cullen and Welker will most likely be back as the voices of Prime and Megatron. I don't think it's been finalized yet, but that's the way it's leaning. I figure it can't possibly be worse than the marketing run rampant that was the original movie.

Me. I'm just hoping to finally get a G1 Prime toy with two good modes. halm.gif

The word right now is that Cullen and Welker will most likely be back as the voices of Prime and Megatron. I don't think it's been finalized yet, but that's the way it's leaning. I figure it can't possibly be worse than the marketing run rampant that was the original movie.

But we already have Prime that looks good in both modes... and thats the 20th Anniversary Masterpiece Prime, or the Takara MP-1.

Hopefully there will be many homages to the old 80s animated movie.

If they can aim it a little higher than just kids (and try to get the adult TF toy fans to see it) it should do well. Many people probably have fond memories of the original G1 from when they were a kid even if they didn't like the show that much it was one fo the most popular shows at the time.

The animated movie kind of captures that epic feel to the TF universe (ie its like star wars right from the words that start to scroll up the screen) that you didn't feel in the tv series. Prime dies, Megatron sheds his old body, starscream is wasted, there is this holy artifiact insides primes body. Religious symbolism. (massive death-star-like planet that transforms into a giant demon, and light that defeats it)

Copy star wars, and the G1 movie and I will see it and hopefully enjoy it. We all know the real reason characters die is so that they can sell more toys hehe

I would like there to even be a classic battle with melee beam weapons, the iconic symbol of megatron fighting prime in hand to hand combat that is on the cover of the dvd of the animated movie. Maybe even get vince dicola and some metal band to play the theme music for the decipticons?

Remember that scene where starscream wasted all those autobots and that

"Instruments of destruction" song plays in the background? I think that was the single most cool part about the movie. It captures who I think starscream is: he has this rocker scream and sarcasm, and unlike soundwave is always trying to plot the death of his own people who get in the way of his ambition. :D Nope I didn't cry when he died in the movie like I did when prime did, but I did feel a sense of sorrow that one of the cool bad guys is finally gone. None of the other decepticons had quite the same personality as starscream who were all kind of dry. (more like incompetent goons or loyal soldiers without thier own ambition that makes them stand out) And there were many funny moments in the movie and tv series for example when he kicks megatron on the ground and throws him out into space or when unicron asks for starscream (his ghost at least) to give him his eyes back but SS doesn't fill his end of the bargain. I laughed at that. I just think it was funny.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

All I know is that it had better be an adaptation of G1. Otherwise there's no way I'll be seen anywhere near the theater when this opens. I don't have the slightest interest in seeing Minicons, Beasties, or any of that other garbage on-screen.

From what I have heard the TF movie will sorta replay the original animated mini series...a showing of them on Cybertron, and later crash on Earth. Not sure if Spike or Sparkplug are in it but there should be a total of 10-12 Transformers. Divided into 5 or 6 Decepticon and Autobots.

Here's my wish List:

Decepticons

Megatron

Starscream

Thundercracker

Skywarp

Soundwave (with Ravage, Laserbeak, Rumble)

Receptor

Autobots

Optimus Prime

Ironhide

Bumblebee

Ratchet

Wheeljack

Prowl

All I know is that it had better be an adaptation of G1. Otherwise there's no way I'll be seen anywhere near the theater when this opens. I don't have the slightest interest in seeing Minicons, Beasties, or any of that other garbage on-screen.

And it IS an adaptation of G1. A straight up origin story.

I was afraid that a live action TF movie would look like ass, but after seeing the Citroen commercial with the breakdancing car/robot, I'm convinced that they actually could make a sweet-looking live action TF movie.

Realistic-looking CGI Optimus = kick ass movie, reguardless of plot.

From what I have heard the TF movie will sorta replay the original animated mini series...a showing of them on Cybertron, and later crash on Earth. Not sure if Spike or Sparkplug are in it but there should be a total of 10-12 Transformers. Divided into 5 or 6 Decepticon and Autobots.

Here's my wish List:

Decepticons

Megatron

Starscream

Thundercracker

Skywarp

Receptor

Autobots

Optimus Prime

Ironhide

Bumblebee

Ratchet

Wheeljack

Prowl

You gotta have Shockwave and Brawn, too.

He's dead. RIP. Same goes for handful of them, including Jazz.

Scatman is dead. That blows he had the best attitude for jazz.

As long as Bay doesnt do his trademark "slowmo shirts or scarves blowing in the wind against a sunset backdrop" then the movie should be ok. Tell the story Bay dont fill it with your crap.

Here's my wish List:

Decepticons

Megatron

Starscream

Thundercracker

Skywarp

Receptor

Autobots

Optimus Prime

Ironhide

Bumblebee

Ratchet

Wheeljack

Prowl

And.... MORE SHOCKWAVE!

Wouldn't mind seeing Omega Supreme either, but I've always had a thing for overkill...

Shockwave! Damn thats so foolish of me! <_<

But hell no to Brawn...I'd rather have Mirage or Bluestreak...

I cheered when Brawn got blasted in TF:The Movie!

With Michael Bay at the helm I think all my hope for this project went out the window.

Usually I react to the idea of Michael Bay as a director with a shuddering, cold sweat, panicked fever, Milkmanx.

But this is the Transformers... not Hamlet. Bay shoots fantastic visuals and with a film about robots he won't have to worry about dealing with those pesky actors and their silly "acting"... might be a perfect fit.

Hmm, probably won't have unicron if it starts from the begining.

that sir, would be too good.,

like independance day on steroids,,, I feel sequels if its done right. thier are too many transformer fans to not make a kick a$$ movie

But we already have Prime that looks good in both modes... and thats the 20th Anniversary Masterpiece Prime, or the Takara MP-1.

Except for the fact that the truck mode is a mess that looks like it's been driven off a cliff.

Repeatedly....

Shockwave! Damn thats so foolish of me! <_<

But hell no to Brawn...I'd rather have Mirage or Bluestreak...

I cheered when Brawn got blasted in TF:The Movie!

Mirage! How could I forget Mirage!