My 8 year old son and I have seen a few episodes and have become fans.

So I just got the Clone Wars movie and bluray and feel a little disappointed so far. The writing is worst than usual and it just feels clunky.

Does anyone have insight on this? Can the series actually be better than a movie? Should my next step be to get the first series on DVD or jump to a later series?

Just started watching this show. Am only past the movie, and the first few episodes. I am THRILLED. Totally fun and exactly what I would have wanted out of the "Clone Wars" concept.

I didn't care that much for the movie, and didn't think I would like the series either, but season 1 was pretty good, Ahsuka...lol...is annoying but you get used to her...Ventress is by far the coolest character IMHO. Love her saber fights!! Season 2 so far is VERY good. Debating whether to pick up season 1 on blu-ray......as I probably missed a couple on Cartoon NW, and would love to see how it looks and sounds on Blu-Ray!

Edited by derex3592

• 2 weeks later...
How are they going to end the Clone Wars series when it comes to a end?

Anakins paduwan was never mentioned in "Revenge of the Sith".

Watch the deleted scenes on the Episode 3 DVD. Not directly stated, but I made the connection as soon as I saw her in Clone Wars.

Just saw it, Pretty good episode,mandalore surprised me alittle with its layout, the mandalorians on the moon were rather cool altho i dunno something alil bit off, still great tho,the dude jumping off the building was good lol. over all enjoyable. the duel was quite interesting.

Another new ep tonight, continues from the last. I don't like the new duchess(?) character. SW doesn't seem to be able to make "female royalty" that isn't a generic clone of the "short, action-packed-rebel-Leia" variety. Started with Padme and just continues.

Bring back Luminara. Or more bounty hunters.

Just watched the latest episode, was obi and dutchess, but it wasnt too bad ,i found myself enjoying certian parts,i like when they have parts in coruscants underground. the mandalore sniper was rather cool, but overall I think this episode ended that little story between obi and the dutchess,so the next ep should be new ground.

Uh, no. It's just that they've introduced a "new" character and have done nothing BUT episodes about her lately. She's the duchess of a planet and their chief representative. Who goes on all sorts of action-adventures with her blaster-pistol, and often gets into trouble where her favorite Jedi friend has to rescue her.

Only she's blonde, so that makes her slightly different than Padme.

Uh, no. It's just that they've introduced a "new" character and have done nothing BUT episodes about her lately. She's the duchess of a planet and their chief representative. Who goes on all sorts of action-adventures with her blaster-pistol, and often gets into trouble where her favorite Jedi friend has to rescue her.

Only she's blonde, so that makes her slightly different than Padme.

Haven't seen any of this season yet, but I'm all for Obi-Wan gettin' some before being stuck on Tatooine for decades alone.

Edited by Keith

Haven't seen any of this season yet, but I'm all for Obi-Wan gettin' some before being stuck on Tatooine for decades alone.

yeah lol well in this latest ep he nearly blew it,she gave him the cold shoulder,but he made up in the end as they were left alone in palpatines room ,door closes , giggity.

• 1 month later...

Any one watch the latest episode with Admiral Trench and the republics experimental stealth ship prototype? was pretty awesome ep, when anakin de-cloaked and came racing towards trenches bridge i got goosebumps.

Also the Three-part season 2 finale will be about boba fett. should be cool.

Edited by Vepariga

but I'm all for Obi-Wan gettin' some before being stuck on Tatooine for decades alone

Jedis aren't supposed to be some kind of space nuns ?

You know, no possessions, no attachments, no love, don't touch yourself under the shower, don't pick your nose, no roman orgy on Sundays...etc...

Edited by Castel

I liked last weeks "Submarine" episode alot, but the previous weeks Padme episode was HORRIBLE IMO.

"Lets not create any more clones to send as re-enforcements to our troops on the frontlines so that we can give diplomacy a chance!?" OK....when the enemy can pound you into the dirt THEY don't have much insentive to negotiate with you dumb ass! I'm sure her husband would really appreciate that. REALLY made me dislike her character or at least the person/writer that came up with that idea. Plus she called a senator who opposed her a war monger!!!! WTF! Worst episode of the series IMO.

Chris