Yes, I am aware of that GAME :rolleyes: , but how about an animated series set in that era.

Taksraven

I'm tired seeing Star Wars film-whatever about Jedi, why don't they mke a new spin-off series about the smugglers. ^_^

I'm tired seeing Star Wars film-whatever about Jedi, why don't they mke a new spin-off series about the smugglers. ^_^

Fair enough, thats a good idea too, explore other aspects of the SW society and culture. (I think that people would probably prefer a series about the bounty hunters though)

Taksraven

• 1 month later...

You're asking for originality from them... a desire to try to show something different from Star Wars.

It will not happen.

No intestinal fortitude / balls / whatever from Lucasfilm to do something different or innovative now.

Part of me likes the fact that TCW is not watered down, and IMHO the series is more intense and less kiddiefied than Episodes I and II. I'll let these scenes slide as they seem to be isolated incidents and not the norm.

I agree; most typical American shows aimed for a young audience eschew blatant violent death scenes. From the movie, I gathered this show was going to be poorly written with a lot of uber-cheesy "Skyguy" and "Snips" back and forth, no grit, and very simple plots. While the plots are still simple enough for kids to follow, I'm glad to see it is a darker toned show with politics, diplomacy, betrayal, and yes, murder, shown. After all, the Separatists are evil, and they're shown as such. Someone mentioned Battle of the Planets; I knew it as G-Force, and it was one of my favorite shows when I was 4 or 5 years old; perhaps I'm twisted, but I loved the fact that people died, and died badly in some cases; it felt more real to me, and to this day, after watching a lot of f##ked up stuff , I've yet to have a nightmare. But people are different, so I can understand the concern. I have no kids, so I don't tend to think as a parent. I am glad, however, that CW is not the new G.I. Joe, where everything is wrapped up neatly, everyone parachutes out, or otherwise escapes to fight another day; that's not how war is, and I'm glad the producers have taken the approach they have. To be fair, there is a parental warning on Cartoon Network, esp for the eps with harsher scenes of violence or death.

A similarly themed show concerning smugglers might actually be interesting, with the occasional interaction of a Jedi (maybe hunting down our anti-hero protagonist). It'd be a welcome change to have good guy with a lot less scruples than the sqeaky clean Jedi.

I was wondering what is Shakti's ultimate fate when I saw her in the deleted ROTS scene I suppose she was actually supposed to a brief character in it.

Grevious kills her in front of Anakin and Obiwan.

Quoted from Wookieepedia - "Shaak Ti had two different death scenes at various stages of Revenge of the Sith's development, but they were both deleted and confirmed by Star Wars Insider 87 that neither scene is canonical, and that she was still alive at the end of Revenge of the Sith as Shaak Ti is later seen alive in hologram form during a Jedi Council meeting."

I had to look it up after playing Force Unleashed since she's in it.

Random words to make this not so obvious blahblahblahblah - As Starkiller, you kill her on Felucia.

Edited by Chewie

I think the 3 prequel movies ruined the franchise. It turned star wars from something like Lord of the Rings into "ZOMG Bruce Willis flying on a rocket nuking an asteroid pewpewpew." So I will do my best to ignore them.

Say what you will about the prequals, and god knows Lucas didn't think anything through beforehand, otherwise Obi Wan's character would have actually been Qui Gon Jin, and lived through to ep IV, but Revenge of the Sith brought some really nice symetry in with Jedi, and sits up along with Empire as the top 2 films as far as I'm concerned.

With that said, I was perfectly willing to ignore that this series even exists, but thanks to you all raving about it, I picked up the movie (have yet to watch), and will start watching the series when it hits bluray later this year.

Edited by Keith

I agree; most typical American shows aimed for a young audience eschew blatant violent death scenes. From the movie, I gathered this show was going to be poorly written with a lot of uber-cheesy "Skyguy" and "Snips" back and forth, no grit, and very simple plots. While the plots are still simple enough for kids to follow, I'm glad to see it is a darker toned show with politics, diplomacy, betrayal, and yes, murder, shown. After all, the Separatists are evil, and they're shown as such. Someone mentioned Battle of the Planets; I knew it as G-Force, and it was one of my favorite shows when I was 4 or 5 years old; perhaps I'm twisted, but I loved the fact that people died, and died badly in some cases; it felt more real to me, and to this day, after watching a lot of f##ked up stuff , I've yet to have a nightmare. But people are different, so I can understand the concern. I have no kids, so I don't tend to think as a parent. I am glad, however, that CW is not the new G.I. Joe, where everything is wrapped up neatly, everyone parachutes out, or otherwise escapes to fight another day; that's not how war is, and I'm glad the producers have taken the approach they have. To be fair, there is a parental warning on Cartoon Network, esp for the eps with harsher scenes of violence or death.

A similarly themed show concerning smugglers might actually be interesting, with the occasional interaction of a Jedi (maybe hunting down our anti-hero protagonist). It'd be a welcome change to have good guy with a lot less scruples than the sqeaky clean Jedi.

The GI-Joe you mention also reminds me of how the Warner Bros.(i.e. Bugs Bunny) cartoons were totally edited of any violence. They took on a completely different flavor and I stopped watching them as a kid. I now prefer to get the DVDs of most of the Warner Bros cartoons.

As a parent I have to be mindful of my daughter and what she watches. As she gets older I let her watch certain things. A year ago I may not have let her watch TCW. I still have not let he see episode III. It's good that they put a warning before the show, but I really prefer to make my own conclusion and judgment. The thing is, TCW movie IIRC did not have such a scene, so I assumed it was the formula the TV series would follow. However, I have noticed the series has gone a bit beyond the movie. I suppose that's why it is on at 9pm, and I make a special exception to let her stay up and watch it. Overall I think TCW is OK for her to watch. If every other scene was like those 2 death scenes I would probably reconsider. I am really glad that she likes Star Wars as much as I did then and now. It's cool to be able to really share a common interest, and she is really starting to be a cool little girl IMHO. :D She even likes Transformers Animated as well as G1 Transformers.

BTW, this Friday will be 2 new episodes instead of the usual 1.

I let my 4 1/2 year old watch both The Clone Wars and the uncut, dubbed ADV Gatchaman, which he loves.

I was initially a bit concerned about some of the deaths in Clone Wars, but beyond the occasional "Daddy, are those Clone TRoopers OK?" questions, he seems to be OK with it. No nightmares or other problems.

Graham

Speaking as a former kid who watched damn near anything, buck up! With that said, I watched the whole clone wars movie without turning it off after the first half hour yesturday, and really, it wasn't that bad.

The GI-Joe you mention also reminds me of how the Warner Bros.(i.e. Bugs Bunny) cartoons were totally edited of any violence. They took on a completely different flavor and I stopped watching them as a kid. I now prefer to get the DVDs of most of the Warner Bros cartoons.

As a parent I have to be mindful of my daughter and what she watches. As she gets older I let her watch certain things. A year ago I may not have let her watch TCW. I still have not let he see episode III. It's good that they put a warning before the show, but I really prefer to make my own conclusion and judgment. The thing is, TCW movie IIRC did not have such a scene, so I assumed it was the formula the TV series would follow. However, I have noticed the series has gone a bit beyond the movie. I suppose that's why it is on at 9pm, and I make a special exception to let her stay up and watch it. Overall I think TCW is OK for her to watch. If every other scene was like those 2 death scenes I would probably reconsider. I am really glad that she likes Star Wars as much as I did then and now. It's cool to be able to really share a common interest, and she is really starting to be a cool little girl IMHO. :D She even likes Transformers Animated as well as G1 Transformers.

BTW, this Friday will be 2 new episodes instead of the usual 1.

I think that stripping childrens shows of all violent content is a load of garbage. Sure, I don't appreciate shows that *worship* violence, and there are a few, but when you cutting it all out, especially out of shows like the old WB cartoons and BOTP seems a bit extreme to me.

Taksraven

I was initially a bit concerned about some of the deaths in Clone Wars, but beyond the occasional "Daddy, are those Clone TRoopers OK?" questions, he seems to be OK with it. No nightmares or other problems.

I can't imagine how I would answer that question..

"Sure, they've got plenty more where he came from.."

Because the Jedi IS the show.

Only if you're more a fan of the newer Star Wars productions. The Original Trilogy? Jedi formed a good portion of the story, but yet you see so little of them compared to "conventional" stuff.

You saw more starfighter combat in the older movies.

You saw more ground troops fighting in the older movies.

Capital ships made far more appearances in the older movies.

Basically, you saw the bulk of the fighting... the action done by "Average Joes" of the Rebellion and Empire. The majority of heroes and villains in the Original Trilogy were not Force using / lightsaber wielding characters. Han Solo, Chewie, Lando, etc... all major characters, yet weren't Jedi. The Empire? Except for the very last portions of Return of the Jedi, you saw only 1 badguy using lightsabers and the Force. Vader, and that was it, until Palpatine shows up waaaaaayyy later.

Matter 'o fact, the amount of times you saw lightsabers swinging, or the application of the Force, whether it be for training or actual combat was rare in the Original Trilogy.

Yet the feeling of how great Jedi were in the Original Trilogy was never diminished. I'll even venture out and say that the Prequels and later Star Wars productions lowered the value of Jedi. A simple trooper with a blaster and good 'ol fashioned deception is enough to kill full-fledged Jedi Knights and Masters. The look of horror, shock, and surprise from the supposedly powerful Jedi when they see Clonetroopers turn on them was priceless... further lowering the worth of Jedi.

Even with so little depiction of Jedi in the Original Trilogy, you'd still easily find out that the Original Trilogy still surpasses the later stuff.

Edited by Warmaker

• 3 weeks later...

Just finished watching the latest episode and it got me thinking: Didn't the clones have ANY FEELINGS when they gunned

down the Jedi in Revenge of the Sith? I mean, as I watch the Clone Wars, the clone troopers are loyal to the Jedi, and they

show signs that they are emotionally attached to their Jedi commanders. This last episode showed two clone troopers looking out for a little lost girl, so WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED?!! Did "ORDER 66" erase their memories and emotions, or

did it just override them? :huh:

I'll even venture out and say that the Prequels and later Star Wars productions lowered the value of Jedi. A simple trooper with a blaster and good 'ol fashioned deception is enough to kill full-fledged Jedi Knights and Masters. The look of horror, shock, and surprise from the supposedly powerful Jedi when they see Clonetroopers turn on them was priceless... further lowering the worth of Jedi.

And then Jedi council was a pack of idiots. Especially in the Clone Wars series - whatever they say to do, do the opposite.

Only if you're more a fan of the newer Star Wars productions. The Original Trilogy? Jedi formed a good portion of the story, but yet you see so little of them compared to "conventional" stuff.

You saw more starfighter combat in the older movies.

You saw more ground troops fighting in the older movies.

Capital ships made far more appearances in the older movies.

Basically, you saw the bulk of the fighting... the action done by "Average Joes" of the Rebellion and Empire. The majority of heroes and villains in the Original Trilogy were not Force using / lightsaber wielding characters. Han Solo, Chewie, Lando, etc... all major characters, yet weren't Jedi. The Empire? Except for the very last portions of Return of the Jedi, you saw only 1 badguy using lightsabers and the Force. Vader, and that was it, until Palpatine shows up waaaaaayyy later.

Matter 'o fact, the amount of times you saw lightsabers swinging, or the application of the Force, whether it be for training or actual combat was rare in the Original Trilogy.

Yet the feeling of how great Jedi were in the Original Trilogy was never diminished. I'll even venture out and say that the Prequels and later Star Wars productions lowered the value of Jedi. A simple trooper with a blaster and good 'ol fashioned deception is enough to kill full-fledged Jedi Knights and Masters. The look of horror, shock, and surprise from the supposedly powerful Jedi when they see Clonetroopers turn on them was priceless... further lowering the worth of Jedi.

Even with so little depiction of Jedi in the Original Trilogy, you'd still easily find out that the Original Trilogy still surpasses the later stuff.

You know, I think that the portrayal of the Jedi and the Force really got into trouble the very second that the Emperor opened fire with the force lightning in Return of the Jedi. I guess that it was up until that moment the Force was still quite mysterious and ultimately a thing that could not really be seen, you just had to believe in it. (Yes, I know that the ability to move objects etc is physical as well, but it was still an 'invisible' power)

I remember when I first saw the film in '83 and it was the moment that that Force power was brought to bear that I felt that the Force and the Jedi by association were cheapened, by a poorly animated lightshow. It was a real WTF moment.

The other impression I got from the original trilogy was that the Jedi were possibly much more militaristic. All the references to General Kenobi and that sort of thing. I was quite disappointed in the prequel trilogy when they decided to make Obi-Wans outfit from the original trilogy the Jedi "uniform".

Taksraven

Did "ORDER 66" erase their memories and emotions, or

did it just override them? :huh:

I suspect that was the case, but they did NOT make it clear.

Taksraven