Tonight the new season starts!

Episode 401: Water War

When the king of Mon Cala is assassinated, talks break down between the Mon Calamari people and the Quarren, co-inhabitants of the aquatic world. To stop a civil war, the Republic sends Padmé Amidala and Anakin Skywalker, but unbeknownst to them, the Quarren are already being backed by the Separatists. Now the Jedi must protect Mon Cala's new leader, the young Prince Lee-Char, from the attack.

and

Episode 402: Gungan Attack

Anakin Skywalker and the rest of his Jedi team have been overrun by the Separatist surprise attacks led by Riff Tamson while Prince Lee-Char and Ahsoka must evade capture on their own. Unable to summon more Republic aid, Yoda calls upon the help of the powerful and amphibious Gungan Grand Army, but whether they will be enough to stop the Separatist siege is uncertain. An incensed Tamson doubles his efforts in tracking down Prince Lee-Char, unleashing the reinforcements given to him by Count Dooku in an assault that churns the oceans.

What? We couldn't throw some Selkaths and some more Kit Fistos* up into this bitch? :lol:

Don't know why, but wasn't really feeling tonight's double episodes. Story felt kinda like same-old, same-old. The prince seemed pretty cookie-cutter. And shark-boy was so annoying that I wanted one of the Jedi to just Force-rip his jaw apart and be done with him.

And how can we have

Ackbar in an episode and NOT have him scream, "IT'S A TRAP!!!!!" :D

Honestly, I didn't think the episodes sucked outright, but I wouldn't necessarily call them great either. Just adequately entertaining.

* (I'm too lazy to look up his race's name)

I was thinking the same thing. Kind of generic, run of the mill style episodes. However the visuals were amazing and I did like that it wasn't just droids on the seperatist side.

As for 'Sharkboy', I'm with you on that one. He didn't seem all that, I was wondering when one of the Jedi was just going to dispose of him quickly and move on.

And how can we have

Ackbar in an episode and NOT have him scream, "IT'S A TRAP!!!!!" :D

His character was an unexpected addition, and I spent the entire hour waiting for that line.

They even had a trap (the exploding ship) in the episode that he could have yelled his line about, or at least given a sly "Careful, it may be a trap" as they came in sight of their ship.

His character was an unexpected addition, and I spent the entire hour waiting for that line.

They even had a trap (the exploding ship) in the episode that he could have yelled his line about, or at least given a sly "Careful, it may be a trap" as they came in sight of their ship.

Don't give up yet, this arc isn't done and Ackbar might just say it!

Not too shabby of an ending.

I still kinda a wished one of the Jedi just said "eff it," and went nonchalant, cold-blooded Sith on little ol' Shark-boy.

But at least, he still went out in a punked-ass way.

Also, no...

IT'S A TRAP!!!

...but I still enjoyed the episode nonetheless. :)

Nobody wants to comment on the latest ep?

....It bothered me so.much, I can't let it slide. Imo this has been the worst filler ep yet. Tarpals was the only decent gungan and they not only killed him, but made his death completely worthless.

....It bothered me so.much, I can't let it slide. Imo this has been the worst filler ep yet. Tarpals was the only decent gungan and they not only killed him, but made his death completely worthless.

Agree.

The first half (or somewhat less) of the episode I reapeatedly asked myself why on earth they thought it was a good idea to focus on Jar Jar/the Gungans. Then

the Gungans actually did something useful and captured Grievous while Anakin was off being hot-headed chasing the Gungan shaman. I thought that Filoni had figured out a way to redeem the Gungans...and Padme was even willing to sacrifice Anakin for the greater good !

Then, once again, Jar Jar gives some horrible advice and, once again, people think it's a good idea.

Maybe Jar Jar is the mastermind behind all this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ovO7lmFYCc

Edited by jwasko

At least, Tarpals went out in a worthwhile and honorable way. Allowing yourself to get stabbed by Grevious so that you could stun him and allow the other Gungans to lock him down? There are worse, more punk ways to die.

Didn't mind the ep so much. Enjoyed the lightsaber fight. Not a fan of Jar-Jar, but the ep didn't overly annoy me. Padme's foolish for agreeing to the hostage exchange (C'mon, you know the Jedi would find a way to mount a rescue attempt, or at least, Obi and Ahsoka would try to do something.), but that is her husband we're talking about there. So, it's understandable.

So, Mon Calamari for the season premiere, and Naboo for this last episode. Is the next episode gonna be set on Manaan? :rolleyes:

Episode 405: Mercy Mission

After groundquakes have devastated the planet Aleen, a Republic relief effort arrives, including the droids R2-D2 and C-3PO. When the native Aleena's pleas go unheard, it becomes the duty of the droids to embark on a surreal journey through Aleen's subterranean world to save the planet.

....... Yikes, this could turn out awful, hopefully I am wrong and this is the episode that turns around season 4 for the better. At least we know that no matter what, the visuals will be pretty. :lol:

I've failed this season to catch an ep, hopefully they'll be up soon.

Looks like the first two episodes are no longer available, but you can check out the last three here: http://www.starwars.com/watch/the-clone-wars/

Next Episode:

Episode 406: Nomad Droids

C-3PO and R2-D2's bizarre caper continues. Forced to escape a Separatist attack in a Y-wing fighter, the droids visit the world of the Patitites, the odd planet Balnab, and the inside of a pirate warship where they are forced to fight in a gladiatorial arena.

Also, not sure if anyone saw this yet: http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/10/12/star-wars-clone-wars-darth-maul/

C-3PO and R2-D2's bizarre caper continues. Forced to escape a Separatist attack in a Y-wing fighter, the droids visit the world of the Patitites, the odd planet Balnab, and the inside of a pirate warship where they are forced to fight in a gladiatorial arena.

I was watching the first season, I think I'll stop now since that sounds like absolute rubbish. I wasn't expecting much from this show to begin with...

I've only watched the Mon Calamari arc. I'm sticking to my "if it sounds stupid from the description, I'll pass" method that I've had since season one. I guess I'll have to revise it though:

"If it appears that Jar-Jar, Padme, *OR C-3PO* are the main focus of the ep, skip it"

I was watching the first season, I think I'll stop now since that sounds like absolute rubbish. I wasn't expecting much from this show to begin with...

There's a fair amount of crappy episodes, but if you want to see some of the best examples (in my opinion) watch:

-Season 2, Episode 5 "Landing at Point Rain" (cool battles)

-Season 2, Episode 17 "Bounty Hunters" (Seven Samurai homage)

-Any episode involving Cad Bane (end of season 1 and beginning of season 2, I think)

so far Season 4 hasnt impressed me, Gungans,JarJar,3PO and Padme episodes all over the place and stupid races. I guess they have to get the crap episodes out of the way so the remainder of the season is what we want. Maul returning should be interesting,I look forward to Maul and Savages conversations.

This looks pretty sweet. Commander Bacara had my favorite "commander" armor. Snow Troopers were always my favorite and he commanded the Clone Wars look-a-likes.

http://www.amiami.jp/shop/?set=english&vgForm=ProductInfo&sku=FIG-KAI-3122&template=default/product/e_display.html

Chris

Edited by Dobber

I have to say this was my favorite episode of the season. Not that that says much so far. I loved the opening and closing battles, and the C-3PO and R2 stuff in the middle was entertaining. C-3PO reuniting with Commander Wolfe at the end was great too!

Probably would have been even better had they stashed this episode in between several hardcore action episodes, but still fun.

Looks like they are taking the next week off, and when they return it will be with more action... hopefully.

I have to say this was my favorite episode of the season. Not that that says much so far. I loved the opening and closing battles, and the C-3PO and R2 stuff in the middle was entertaining. C-3PO reuniting with Commander Wolfe at the end was great too!

Probably would have been even better had they stashed this episode in between several hardcore action episodes, but still fun.

Looks like they are taking the next week off, and when they return it will be with more action... hopefully.

LOL Yeah...when R2

squished that one alien leader and remained with the stain on his frame, total win...lol

I actually died out laughing at how R2 (or technically, Threepio) inadvertently took care of the leader in that first planet.

I also love that they were devious and dark enough to keep that blood/goop-stained residue on R2 for much of the episode.

After falling asleep during last week's episode, I just figured "eff it"; this is gonna be one of those "Threepio and R2 Forrest Gump their way through the Star Wars universe" episodes.

At least, the creators embraced the concept whole-heartedly and went over-the-top and ridiculous with their ideas.