I just wonder if this current Clone Wars series will end up bookending with the first one. They have yet to redo any major territory that one did, such as how Ventress became Duku's apprentice, 3PO got his gold plating, etc.

I would watch every episode and buy every DVD the moment it came out if they made an animated series set either during Episode IV - VI or in the time period following.

Give me a "Shadows of the Empire" series in the style we have now and I'd be in love.

Lucasfilm has got to know how successful this series is. I'd hope they have another one in the works set in another time period or something.

Chris

I just started watching this new series and just read through this thread.....talk about confusion when I heard there was another series with the same name, except it was animated, not CGI. I haven't watched any of the animated series, is it worth getting into?

Got through season one (of the CGI series) and so far, I like it. It's nice to see that the clone troopers have personality, emotion, and even compassion at some points, but at the same time, I'm thinking how the hell does order 66 (or whatever the order is called) ever manage to happen without the clones feeling hesitant or guilty? Are their minds wiped? Because when they turn on the Jedi, it just seems too droid-like and to me, basically nulifies all that character build up, and wasting their attempt to showing the "human" side of the clone troopers.

Another thing I've noticed is there's no way this Anikin could become Darth Vader. How can someone who has had his own youngish Padawan kill children? WTF? If you ask me, I think Robot Chicken had it right.

These are not complaints, but I hope the rest of the series can explain more because I just don't understand right now.

Two things that kind of irk me so far: Jar-Jar is in the series and the droids talk too much.

Other than those two gripes, I like the series so far.

Edited by peter

I just started watching this new series and just read through this thread.....talk about confusion when I heard there was another series with the same name, except it was animated, not CGI. I haven't watched any of the animated series, is it worth getting into?

Got through season one (of the CGI series) and so far, I like it. It's nice to see that the clone troopers have personality, emotion, and even compassion at some points, but at the same time, I'm thinking how the hell does order 66 (or whatever the order is called) ever manage to happen without the clones feeling hesitant or guilty? Are their minds wiped? Because when they turn on the Jedi, it just seems too droid-like and to me, basically nulifies all that character build up, and wasting their attempt to showing the "human" side of the clone troopers.

Another thing I've noticed is there's no way this Anikin could become Darth Vader. How can someone who has had his own youngish Padawan kill children? WTF? If you ask me, I think Robot Chicken had it right.

These are not complaints, but I hope the rest of the series can explain more because I just don't understand right now.

Two things that kind of irk me so far: Jar-Jar is in the series and the droids talk too much.

Watch all three seasons. There are instances of anikin torturing prisoners to get information, and even a commitment to the dark side to avoid his vision of the future (he was tricked by someone).

Anikin doesn't become dark, he has moments of extreme dark, then he goes back to being a nice guy. He is an erratic thinker, even up to the moment of his death, think about it.

Holy cow, that is so true....never really thought about it that way. Luke senses the conflict in Vader, and manages to bring him back.

I'm going to start season 2 tonight, what about that animated series? I saw a couple of trailers and the animation just reminds me of Droids.....and it seems like there hasn't been any confirmation of where it fits in as far as continuity is concerned? Might just confuse my feeble little mind, haha!

Holy cow, that is so true....never really thought about it that way. Luke senses the conflict in Vader, and manages to bring him back.

I'm going to start season 2 tonight, what about that animated series? I saw a couple of trailers and the animation just reminds me of Droids.....and it seems like there hasn't been any confirmation of where it fits in as far as continuity is concerned? Might just confuse my feeble little mind, haha!

It was animated by the same guy who did Dexter's Lab/Samurai Jack, but the current CW series seems to carry on its basic design style. While there are parts where the Jedi get some over the top super powers, it's an awesome mini series, and you should definately check out both volumes. As things stand now, you can pretty much watch with the first volume picking up after episode II, then the CG series, and then the second volume of the animated mini-series leading directly up to the beginning of ep III.

Edited by Keith

It was animated by the same guy who did Dexter's Lab/Samurai Jack, but the current CW series seems to carry on its basic design style. While there are parts where the Jedi get some over the top super powers, it's an awesome mini series, and you should definately check out both volumes. As things stand now, you can pretty much watch with the first volume picking up after episode II, then the CG series, and then the second volume of the animated mini-series leading directly up to the beginning of ep III.

Hey Keith,

Thanks for the clarification! So much to watch...

Peter

Unless your a sociopath/solid block of evil(which anikin is not) NOTHING explains anikin killing children by human standards, even if your conflicted or manipulated,even if you cross the line there,d be a point where you,d be shocked by your own actions..and since anikin has been "flirting" with the dark/lightside which implies that he ISN,T a sociopath and that in ROTS he shows no sign of remorse..then it,s just another plot hole by lucas.

IMO the clones are one dimensional-"yes sir, no sir,I wanna be on the frontlines,sacrifice myself with little hesitation, don,t leave a man behind" cliches I guess order 66 would work,But I guess the series is trying to imply that the clones have depth so yeah they,d probably hesitate,,another lucas plot hole..but I really enjoy it for what it is,an excuse to have video game style action.

Unless your a sociopath/solid block of evil(which anikin is not) NOTHING explains anikin killing children by human standards, even if your conflicted or manipulated,even if you cross the line there,d be a point where you,d be shocked by your own actions..and since anikin has been "flirting" with the dark/lightside which implies that he ISN,T a sociopath and that in ROTS he shows no sign of remorse..then it,s just another plot hole by lucas.

IMO the clones are one dimensional-"yes sir, no sir,I wanna be on the frontlines,sacrifice myself with little hesitation, don,t leave a man behind" cliches I guess order 66 would work,But I guess the series is trying to imply that the clones have depth so yeah they,d probably hesitate,,another lucas plot hole..but I really enjoy it for what it is,an excuse to have video game style action.

I got the impression that once you "accept the darkside" you get a super testosterone of evil rush that makes you even more prone to impulsiveness. Kinda like the dark hado in street fighter, "za powa" in Xenogears, or any general dark power bestowing cliche in sci-fi/anime. Under normal circumstances no, I doubt Anakin would go off an slaughter a bunch of kids. Under a Sith power trip, it probably made total sense to him.

As for the clones, order 66 overrode their "persona's" to carry out a pre-programmed suggestion. I doubt they were aware of it secretly laughing behind the back o the Jedi saying "ha ha, we gonna kill dose fools someday." You'll note that they did include an episode where a clone had been "triggered" in the first season.

Edited by Keith

^ That is my thought. Order 66 has to be some pre-wired programing brought on during cloning. Even the representative on Kamino said they will take any order without question. So when order 66 was given, it was their duty to comply. However with this series giving the clones more personality, I wouldn't be shocked if they have an episode where perhaps Rex and another clone or group of clones discuss the possibility of that order being given. Without actually saying "order 66" or having to kill Jedi.

Good arguements from everyone, but guess I'll have to watch more because I still find events in ROTS hard to swallow. As far as clones disobeying orders, there was an episode when one clone turned traitor...I was half asleep when I watched it and as I'm old and my memory isn't very good, I don't remember the details., but if a clone can turn traitor (he must have been ordered to stand down at some point), I figured the rest would be able to refuse an order as well? Or maybe that one clone was just misfiring (even in cloning there could be mutations)?

Or maybe I'm just overthinking everything....just my nature to want a story to make sense.

Watching Clone Wars is easy:

If the preview shows that Jar-Jar or Padme are the main focus--SKIP THE EPISODE.

It makes the whole series much better, and you really won't miss any of the overall plot-arcs.

I started season two and I have to agree with you episodes with Jar-Jar and Padme kind of drag on....the episodes with Jar-Jar especially make me wish I could unwatch those episodes. Of course my stupid nature will have me watch them anyways then curse the Gods after.......

Look on the bright side, if you stick with that formula, you will blow through the first half of season three in no time. There are like three episodes in the first half that don't involve Padme and her inept political conquests. Those episodes are quite good... then it is off to the far superior second half. (the reason I will actually get the bluray when it is released.)

I think most of us didn't like the first half of season 3 becasue of that. Just one BAD Padme/political episode after another. Here's to hoping they learned from their mistakes and spread those episodes out a bit more in the comming season.

Chris

Wouldn,t it be great if Jar-Jar tripped and fell over and accidently tore a hole in the space time continuim, fell thru it into another star wars universe.

Once there was captured by the separatists and horrificlly torn apart and murdered!!..

Wouldn,t it be great if Jar-Jar tripped and fell over and accidently tore a hole in the space time continuim, fell thru it into another star wars universe.

Once there was captured by the separatists and horrificlly torn apart and murdered!!..

That's unpossible. Jar-Jar "MUST" stay around in order to cause the rise of the galactic empire!

^ That part is already passed. His usefulness has ran out, he can die now. ;)

Too bad Anakin didn't kill him in 'Sith'. But the audience was supposed to be upset, angry, or disgusted with Anakin, and root against him. Had he killed Jar Jar, he would have been the Galactic Hero, and cheered in the theaters. :lol:

I'm on season 2, episode 8....love the scene with the imperial march playing faintly in the background. The dark hallway, the arms folded behind him....."Mind Tricks......I don't need mind tricks to get you to talk..."

Awesome.

^ That part is already passed. His usefulness has ran out, he can die now. ;)

Too bad Anakin didn't kill him in 'Sith'. But the audience was supposed to be upset, angry, or disgusted with Anakin, and root against him. Had he killed Jar Jar, he would have been the Galactic Hero, and cheered in the theaters. :lol:

Jar-Jar's part isn't done until you see his face at Padme's funeral realizing just how much he f^cked up the galaxy.

Clone turned farmer? WTF? I thought they couldn't disobey orders?

But then again, nobody actually gave an order to return to the army. I wonder if he heard order 66, would he leave his family and try to kill a jedi?

Clone turned farmer? WTF? I thought they couldn't disobey orders?

But then again, nobody actually gave an order to return to the army. I wonder if he heard order 66, would he leave his family and try to kill a jedi?

I still don't think "Order 66" was a in the Clone Handbook, meaning they didn't have active knowledge of it. The way they changed so quickly, it had to be a subliminal thing. The Clones seem to have a genuine comraderie with the Jedi, and if it were just an "orders" thing, I'd think that some would have rebelled. As for leaving to become a farmer, the longer Clones are in service, the more independent they become.

Edited by Keith

Thanks Keith,

That's why I love coming here.....whenever there is any doubt in my mind about a story, or plot, or whatever, there's always someone who can put me back on track - in fantasy world, where everything makes sense, haha!

Just watched episode 18 of season two, hilarious that two members of M*A*S*H (Trapper and Hawkeye) were once clone troopers. =)

• 3 weeks later...

This series is awesome....everything is all starting to make sense....I can almost start seeing how Anikin ends up going all kinds of wrong....killing younglings though...that one I'm still iffy about but I'm sure it will make sense in season 4

^ I guess you are through all of season 2 now?

Yep, done season 2, almost done season 3....awesome how Anikin saw his future, vader's mask vaguely visible in the cloud of smoke, Imperial March playing in the background.....so coollllltoo bad he forgets it all.

It all makes sense Qui Gon saying he will bring balance to the force. He sure does, haha because until Anikin came along, the good side was dominant and there was technically an imbalance....along comes Anikin, phucks everything up for a bit, and the good side and the dark side are sort of balanced for a short time till they wipe out all the Jedi, Yoda dies...the Dark Side rules....then Anikin then kills off Palpatine in ROTJ, so both sides are leaderless.....balance.

Captain Tarkin! Haha, how on earth he gets Vader to obey him in ANH his beyond me. Is Tarkin closer to Palpatine than Vader? I thought Vader becomes Palpatine's right-hand man....in ANH, seems like Vader is one of Tarkin's button men.

Still, it's really, really cool to see that they are trying to connect the dots between episode ATC, ROTS, and ANH.

Captain Tarkin! Haha, how on earth he gets Vader to obey him in ANH his beyond me. Is Tarkin closer to Palpatine than Vader? I thought Vader becomes Palpatine's right-hand man....in ANH, seems like Vader is one of Tarkin's button men.

I don't remember if there is an in-universe explanation for that, but I always figured that Tarkin became one of Palpatine's favorites with his Death Star project (he didn't design it, but he was head of the Maw Installation, which completed the design and a successful prototype). Then, as the head of the project, Palpatine ordered Vader to make sure Tarkin got what he needed to make sure the Death Star was finished on time/under budget (see: Vader's arrival in Return of the Jedi).

Plus, I don't know that Palpatine ever really respected Vader as a "second in command"...more like the ultimate tool of the Empire/Palpatine's will.

Edited by jwasko

I don't remember if there is an in-universe explanation for that, but I always figured that Tarkin became one of Palpatine's favorites with his Death Star project (he didn't design it, but he was head of the Maw Installation, which completed the design and a successful prototype). Then, as the head of the project, Palpatine ordered Vader to make sure Tarkin got what he needed to make sure the Death Star was finished on time/under budget (see: Vader's arrival in Return of the Jedi).

Plus, I don't know that Palpatine ever really respected Vader as a "second in command"...more like the ultimate tool of the Empire/Palpatine's will.

Hang on, did Tarkin survive the destruction of the 1st death star? I didn't know that. Yeah, I could see that Palpatine didn't really have Vader as a 2nd in command and more like another pawn to be used.....a pretty bad-ass pawn haha!

I have two episodes left, can't wait to see them, but crap, how long do we have to wait till season 4? And is season 3 going to leave me hanging and begging for more?

Also, got a question about the fighters....okay, so the clone troopers are using that thing that is starting to look like an X wing (with two less blasters and two extra wings) and y-wing looking bombers.....Eventually, when the repulic turns into the empire, imperial forces use tie fighters.....when is the transistion then, because the "rebels" end up using the X wings and Y wings.....I don't think tie fighter pilots fly with astromech droids either right?