So, all it takes to become a Sith is a little bite? I didn't know Sith had that particular vampire/zombie trait. rolleyes.gif

After Episode III, that's pretty much how I saw it happening. How else can you explain Anakin going from protecting Palpatine from being executed by Mace, so he can get answers from him, to murdering Jedi and Jedi children in the temple? Made me just figure that once you touch the dark side it's like a rapidly moving infection playing on your fears and anger and such.

Chris

I'm gonna have to counter with a village of Tusken Raiders.

Anakin has shown many times in the past that he'll go to great lengths to protect/avenge those he loves, consequences be damned.

It's a good and bad trait of his.

And if there's one thing the Clone Wars series and the movies have shown, it's that Anakin is very impulsive, rarely stopping to fully think out his actions.

Throw in the inesacpable visions of death for his dearest loved ones, his perception of the Jedi Council's distrust of him ("You're on the Council, but you're not a Master"/"Sit yo' ass in the Temple, while we go arrest/execute Palpatine."). And the seeds for his downfall are there.

If Ahsoka was gonna fall down the dark side, even just for a bit, I'd rather there be something more than just a bite, and then boom, you become all Sithy.

Have the Son mind-frak with her more. Point out how she's becoming too attached to her master. Screw with her head. Tell her that, as the Chosen One, Anakin will have to kill Younglins. Get her mind so warped and twisted that the only way she can prove that she's not "corrupted" by Anakin, the only way she can "save" Anakin, and the only way she can protect the Jedi is to perform a mercy-killing of her old Master.

Much like the prequel trilogy, a tweak or improvement here and there on these Force-wielder episodes could have really elevated the material so much more.

Interesting---new Legos. With a new Asajj figure. And she's wearing the outfit she had in the previous animated Clone Wars series. (I don't think "outfit changes" count as a spoiler)

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/uploads//1296693960/gallery_2351_21_359021.jpg

Much like the prequel trilogy, a tweak or improvement here and there on these Force-wielder episodes could have really elevated the material so much more.

Not sure if you saw Mr. Filoni's Episode Commentary from last week's episode ( http://starwars.com/video/view/001221.html ), but I like how he explained these Mortis episodes as:

"...you have to think of it, like, these are three entire episodes that take place in the tree when Luke was on Dagobah."

Makes sense, now. Right? :p

This episode left a few too many leaps in logic. Why was the dagger important? Why was it any more dangerous than a lightsaber? What was Obi Wan doing during "anything" that was going on? I mean really, he was standing around a lot even for him.

Anyway, here's my general prediction for the end of this trilogy. After whatever happens..happens, either all 3 will wake up with ilttle or no memory of it, or only Anakin will have memory of it. There's no way these events could be reported back to the Jedi council without Anakin being put under some kind of major investigation/suspension. Yoda & Mace would almost assuredly see him as too dangerous after all of this.

I agree. I think they intended for it to answer questions but they just opened a whole new can of worms. How deep is this rabbit hole going to go?

I was honestly a bit dissapointed with the memory erase + probably a dream that it looks like only Anakin remembers (Obi Wan & Ahsoka don't acknowledge his last comments), but it was expected. One thing I did notice, the model for Anakin sure has a lot of Jake Lloyd in it.

Man I can't wait for the movie bluray set in september.

Edited by Keith

Upon watching the episode a second time, my opinion of just this episode significantly improved.

I liked the way the Son turned Anakin to the dark side. No Force Lightning torture, no massive grandiose fight, and especially, no vampire/zombie Sith bite. He just calmly preyed on Anakin's weaknesses. I also appreciated that, when Anakin got the big reveal and turned Sith, he didn't exactly try to kill Obi or throw some sort of whining blame on him. In those scenes, Anakin was genuinely conflicted and not outright EVIL!!. I liked that subtlety.

However, after watching this entire trilogy of episodes, my earlier opinions still stand: it could have been a lot better.

I really had no sympathy for any of the Force-wielders. Their characterizations changed wildly from episode to episode, depending on the plot. And for all that talk of them being so powerful and attuned to the Force, they were all rather damn petty.

Someone should remind the writers (and George Lucas): The plot shouldn't dictate and drive the characters' traits; it should be the characters' traits that drive the plot forward.

For example, the Daughter acts pretty aloof and standoff-ish with the Jedi in the first episode, and then says she's too self-less in the second one.

The Son seems driven to kill his Father in order to escape the planet and then cries in shock when the Father finally kills himself. :blink: Hey Genius!! He just did what you've been trying to do since the last episode!

And don't get me started on the Father.

So, when they all died, I didn't exactly have that much sympathy for any of them.

Maybe a throwaway line from the Father at the beginning (or after he bare-hands the lightsaber) would have helped. Have him say something to the effect of "Our mastery of the Force is immeasureable, but we still fall prey to the same emotions, pettiness, and weaknesses that befall Jedi, Sith, and non-Force users alike." Something that would have actually made us care about him and his kids.

As the episodes stand now, they get a big meh and shoulder-shrug from me. Nothing was really learned by any of the main characters, and I have no emotional investment (other than annoyance) in any of the Force-wielders.

Wasted potential. :mellow:

Agreed. I would have much preferred an all Qui-Gon ghost test fest instead. As is, we have no real concept of where they were for those 3 episodes. An alternate dimension ship? Who the F%ck built & lost that technology. But whatever. The real coup for these episodes was showing that the Jedi/Sith aren't at the full evolution of the force. and opens up potential for Lucas if he actually wanted to pursue post movie stories.

I agree mostly. A ton of wasted potential in this trilogy. Too many silly uncharacteristic elements. I really liked the opening episode, but these next two just left me a little irritated. Though the action elements of the second episode was still pretty damn good. Perhaps when I see them all back to back to back on bluray it will all come together nicely.

I don't like Anakin's turn or reasons for it. "I have to turn to the darkside, to prevent myself from turning to the darkside..." Wait, what!?!? Though as you said Mog, I liked it that he wasn't outright evil. It does make me wonder if Qui Gon's ghost really was the son, due to what he told Anakin in this episode. It would have been great to see Ahsoka's potential fate being revealed in that flash forward vision Anakin had. That would have people debating her fate for sure!

Speaking of Ahsoka, why was she fixing the ship? They have the mechanical genuis in Anakin standing right there. With Ahsoka there for this trilogy, I wish she remembered her darkside fall, I think it would have added a lot to her character to have to reflect on that. Especially if she starts to feel that being Anakin's apprentice may be taking her down that path later in the series.

Lately it feels like Anakin and Obi Wan have become "jobbers". First Savage Opress practically owned them in each confrontation, now the son just tosses them around like they have no force powers at all. What happened to the "Chosen One" from the first episode, dominating both the Son and the Daughter at the same time?

Lastly, wasn't it last week's episode that the son was attempting to kill the father? First with force lightning, then with the Master Sword from The Legend of Zelda? :lol: Then this week the father decides to kill himself, and the son is very upset, then loses his power. Did he know all along that he would lose his power if the father dies? It seemed like he did.

I don't know, I may just chalk up the trilogy as a dream, nothing more. It gives the indication that it was just that, so...

Speaking of Ahsoka, why was she fixing the ship? They have the mechanical genuis in Anakin standing right there.

That struck me in the first second they showed it. Sure, she's probably learned a lot from Anakin---but Anakin can build working starships and droids from scrap...

Interesting.

BUT I want everything he says to be subtitled!! :lol:

So, if he's saying,

"Rowwwrowwww Roww Rowrrr Rowrrrrrrrr."

I want subtitles that translate that as, "Yes."

Never was particulaly into that character, so this news doesn't really float my boat. Sort of 'meh' really.

I hope the remaining episodes of season 3 of Clone Wars features more Clones and well, more Wars! If not, they really need to change the title of this show to either 'The Politicians & Jedi show (now with zero percent Clones & droids)', or perhaps 'The Clone(less)(No)Wars.

Graham

Yeah, that's more like it! :)

No highfalutin concepts about the Force, just a straight up "Invade the Fortress and Get the Hell Out of There" story.

Good to see some struggles/death and our heros facing off against some more formidable droid opponents.

Droids bouncing off walls shooting lazers reminds me of something...

I like it. Truth be told, I always believed Matsumoto did SW better than Lucas with 999, and would still love to see his take on a version of the story.

But back to the episode, good solid action, nice rivalry with Tarkin setup, and R2 has a droid platoon, genius!

Edited by Keith

I loved last night's episode. It really felt like Star Wars. Especially the little things that were shot outs to the original trilogy. Like the Shuttle trying to get past the seperatist blockade to land on surface, being similar to the Imperial Shuttle trying to get access to the Endor Moon. And of course the Prison Break was similar to the rescue of Princess Leia on the Death Star. Although brief, I loved the Anakin/Tarkin exchange.

Initially I was annoyed with Ahsoka (though laughed out loud when Anakin said "hey snips", before realizing she wasn't supposed to be there) disobeying and tagging along. But in a lot of ways it makes sense. Especially if Plo Koon really did have something to do with her being there. It will add to Anakin's distrust of the council. Hopefully this isn't a subplot that will just be dropped though. I would like to see Anakin confront Plo about that.

Great Ep, but whay all the poo-poo-ing? Were back to some good ol' SW action! In case anyone missed D. Filoni's comments about this 3-ep arc:

• "This arc is basically classic Star Wars; we focused on the things that I really remember loving about the Saga from when I was a kid. In the Mortis trilogy, George [Lucas] wanted us to explore some ground that's never really been covered in Star Wars before. And now with the Citadel arc, we're going back to some of those essential, classic conventions that have always made Star Wars so fun."
  • "There are a lot of references packed into these episodes. Even the basic [prison] break-in idea parallels the Death Star rescue from Episode IV. It was really fun to do our version of that, but it's definitely not the only thing that will feel familiar -- though we've put our own spin on everything. This whole arc allowed us some fun opportunities to pay homage to the Star Wars that we all fell in love with when we, the older fans, were kids. Pretty much everyone on the crew is a fan, so it's been fun to revisit some of those classic elements in The Clone Wars."
  • "Tarkin was tricky. We had to capture his essence, while also aging him down appropriately. Peter Cushing is such a distinguished actor, and Tarkin is such an iconic role. He fills the room with his presence and, aside from the Emperor, he's the only character who ever orders Vader around. So getting him right was very important to us, because his introduction to Anakin is an important one. And they've got a fun relationship that's been very interesting to explore."

• 2 weeks later...

After taking last week off...

Episode 319: Counterattack

Synopsis: With freed prisoners in their possession and the brutal warden attempting desperately to thwart them, Obi-Wan and Anakin search for a way out of the Citadel and back to Coruscant. The prison, however, has more traps, perils and pitfalls in store for them than they had imagined and they must work past their differences if they are to escape.

Nice follow-up episode.

It was pretty fun to see the clever ways the heroes escaped the various traps (even if half of them involved blowing sh#t up real good).

And it kinda sucked to see

Echo bite it.

But at least, we're seeing that this isn't some easy task with minimal casualties.

Nice follow-up episode.

It was pretty fun to see the clever ways the heroes escaped the various traps (even if half of them involved blowing sh#t up real good).

And it kinda sucked to see

Echo bite it.

But at least, we're seeing that this isn't some easy task with minimal casualties.

I agree with both the last two posts--the Tarkin character is just downright slimy and cool to watch! and the BEST line ever was Anakin saying "what he means is big explosion". That one had me rolling! Writing on this is getting better and better! ^_^

Episode 320: Citadel Rescue

Synopsis: After their ship and the only way off-planet is destroyed, Anakin and Obi-Wan must lead the escaped prisoners across Lola Sayu's perilous landscape as Plo Koon leads a Republic strike force through the Separatist defenses.

• 3 weeks later...

After three long weeks, Clone Wars returns with a two episode season finale.

Episode 321: Padawan Lost

Synopsis: Ahsoka finds herself trapped on a Trandoshan moon, prey in an elaborate and cruel hunt.

Episode 322: Wookiee Hunt

Synopsis: As Ahsoka and her allies struggle to evade the Trandoshan hunters, their efforts receive an unexpected boost when a new captive -- Chewbacca the Wookiee -- arrives.

Last episode was pretty awesome,loved seeing the Trandoshans hunt and Ahsoka and her rag tag group using their force powers more effectivly. Interesting yoda at the end giving Ahsoka a look,perhaps she is ready for the trails in season 4.

Freakin awesome episodes. I like that they didn't hold back on the brutality. I was actually a little shocked that they showed a character getting impaled.

I also noticed with this episode that they have developed richer and more visually complex backgrounds. The scenes of Ahsoka running through the forest were amazing. If you contrast this episode with the Season 1 episode Ambush, for example, you can really see how far this show has come.