Last episode was pretty awesome,loved seeing the Trandoshans hunt and Ahsoka and her rag tag group using their force powers more effectivly. Interesting yoda at the end giving Ahsoka a look,perhaps she is ready for the trails in season 4.

I noticed that Ahsoka is only in one quick scene in the teaser trailer. Same with the wondercon trailer... I wonder if that means anything? Anakin is fighting Count Dooku again... Looks like it will rock, but of course the issue is we can clearly see this is nearing Revenge of the Sith. When will he have a chance to have his powers double from the last time they meet till their fight in 'Sith'?

These last two episodes were really cool, and beautifully animated. Ahsoka killing both the son and later the father Trandoshan was awesome, because she seems very anti-killing of living beings. I know part of it is her Jedi upbringing, but even as a last resort self-defense, she seems against it.

Oh and Miles, I too was looking forward to Chewie ripping a Trandoshan arm out of the socket. :lol:

Although season 3 redeemed itself near the end, it still had far too many weak episodes near the start and particulaly in the middle.

Hope season 4 is better and features more clones. Heck, even Rex was hardly in season 3.

Anybody know when season 4 starts?

Graham

Although season 3 redeemed itself near the end, it still had far too many weak episodes near the start and particulaly in the middle.

Hope season 4 is better and features more clones. Heck, even Rex was hardly in season 3.

Anybody know when season 4 starts?

Graham

yeah bud in September is when it will start up again.

Season 4 teaser - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-09URHNBFg

WonderCon trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIfEHEE9obM

I seriously cant wait,Filoni said the first ep of season 4 is going to be a huge battle like we should see,more clones and war side.

I still think that duel between Grevious and Captian Tarpal's looks epic. i get goosebumps lol

I don't particularly care for the political eps nor do I think they do them very well.....but.....they would be easier to tolerate if they were spaced out a bit more instead of being practically the whole first half of the bloody season! I hope the producers have learned from what seems, to me, like a pretty big misstep in season 3. Was there any kind of fall-ou/backlash over the first half of the season?

Chris

Wow, season 4 looks to be much better than season 3 which I just watched. Though season 3 did have some high points, it was pretty lackluster overall. Still, I find that I enjoy the series more when watching it straight through on Blu-Ray.

Ok, were those Z-95s in the wondercon trailer around the 22, 23 second mark? The nose was wrong for the ARC fighters.

Good catch.

keep going back to this and I can't be 100% sure that they are, though they look very similar. The thing that is different is that there are intakes on the side of the fuselage and only two engines (as opposed to four on most Z-95's) more in the style of an ARC 170. I guess Z-95's are EU, so Lucas could have specified these different versions for CW...

Edited by Totoro242

Yeah...I'd have to agree these look like pre-cursors to the Z-95. Easily can be explained the Incom used designs from the ARC and the Z series fighters to make the X-wing. Kudos to Uncle George for slipping in this EU fighter.

Also...from the clips I think its safe to assume Kit Fisto is going to lead another defense of Mon Calamari like he did in the original cartoon version.

post-2668-0-23029800-1302636601_thumb.jpg

post-2668-0-22963000-1302636805_thumb.jpg

Edited by Zor Primus

• 1 month later...

Every wkend on cartoon network ,there,s been a "lightsaber wkend" 4 eps in total of season1 &2.(in Australia)

I just got on board with season 2. and really enjoyed it!!!

New eps of season 3 have been showing once a wk aswell.

Gonna go back and see season 1 on DVD, catch up on the remaining season 3 on cartoon network...can,t wait for season 4.

For me this series has been better than any live action prequal!!

Once the clone wars series is finished, do you guys think Lucas will do another animated series of Darth Vader after ROTS ,hunting down/killing the remaining jedi???

(sorry if this question has been asked before)

The Z-95 is actually a SW canon ship,since it was in The force unleashed game. I think the ships in the CW S4 are pre-cursors to the Z-95 like Zor said.

Troyness - I dont think lucas will do a Vader-esque animated series,the comic Vader and the lost command and the novel Darth Vader pretty much cover it all,they are awesome reads. The live action series will be the next on the plate.

I'm still voting for the live action series "not" to happen.

Hmmm...not sure if I agree. If Lucas has as little involvement as possible, we might see a hit similar to BSG. Thats the bar I've set at least.

Supposedly 50 or so scripts/screen plays are together for the live action series. I think it will happen, maybe not for another couple of years, but SW is still going strong. Look at all the interest in The Old Republic and that new Star Wars Kinect game coming out. And of course The Clone Wars is doing well... inspite of the nearly awful first half of season 3.

And I'd prefer they take that live-action budget, give it to Dave Filoni and Company and get us some more animated series. As I've said before, make some mini-series following specific units throughout the Clone Wars, Rebellion, even the Old Republic. Something akin to Band of Brothers, etc....

The Z-95 is actually a SW canon ship,since it was in The force unleashed game. I think the ships in the CW S4 are pre-cursors to the Z-95 like Zor said.

Troyness - I dont think lucas will do a Vader-esque animated series,the comic Vader and the lost command and the novel Darth Vader pretty much cover it all,they are awesome reads. The live action series will be the next on the plate.

Thanx Vepariga :)

Did a search , will check out "The rise of Darth Vader" novel looks good!!!(although it,ll probably won,t explain why Vader,s limbs weren,t regrown/cloned..but that,s another topic)

An animated Vader series will allow better ,more exciting action/fight/lightsaber duel scenes, but live action with CGI ,wire stunts and rapid editing ,shakey camera will probably ruin everything!!!(even if Lucas stayed away from scene to scene character dialogue)

The clone wars series ,for me has had the most exciting action scenes with the name Star Wars attached.

Edited by troyness

lol "Great...it's gonna be another one of THOSE planets."

Yeah, that was great!!

This show is the best thing to happen to Star Wars in a long time. I'd really like it if they finished off the series with an animated retelling of Ep. III and fix/ flesh out some of the problems with that movie.

Chris

That wouldn't be such a bad thing. Really, "The Clone Wars" can't go on forever.

I think it will go on for quite a while. Seems to be cheaper than the forever "planned" live-action SW series that I predict will *never* get off the ground.

It does look like it is pushing much closer to the events of Revenge of the Sith. However this is supposed to go five seasons. Perhaps much of the fifth season will be the battle of Coruscant and maybe go as far as showing a more detailed order 66. Which if that is the case, and season 5 is mostly the final hours before Anakin and Obi Wan rescue the Chancellor, we may see Ahsoka meet her fate by the end of season four. Perhaps Rex too.

It does look like it is pushing much closer to the events of Revenge of the Sith. However this is supposed to go five seasons. Perhaps much of the fifth season will be the battle of Coruscant and maybe go as far as showing a more detailed order 66. Which if that is the case, and season 5 is mostly the final hours before Anakin and Obi Wan rescue the Chancellor, we may see Ahsoka meet her fate by the end of season four. Perhaps Rex too.

To be fair, Asoka has been telegraphing her death since season 1 almost as hard as Data in Nemesis.

Edited by Keith

I think it will go on for quite a while. Seems to be cheaper than the forever "planned" live-action SW series that I predict will *never* get off the ground.

From what I,ve read about the live-action TV series, there,s no Jedi or Sith ....only stormtroopers and side characters from previous films/books..still want it to get off the ground?

From what I,ve read about the live-action TV series, there,s no Jedi or Sith ....only stormtroopers and side characters from previous films/books..still want it to get off the ground?

Given that one of the best series of Star Wars novels, X-Wing, featured almost nothing but groups of side characters (non-Jedi pilots)...yes. (I know there was a force-sensitive in there...but he wasn't a Jedi for most of that series)

And given how much people adore troopers and Mandalorians, I think many would agree with me(see complaints earlier in this thread).

On the other hand, there's no reason why they couldn't continue the animated series past Ep. III and into the Classic/Rebellion Era (and beyond) in place of the live action series.

Edited by jwasko