Well, I was watching Cartoon Network last night and on came a commercial for Star Wars: Clone wars. I was like, that looks dope!!! Anybody seen this commercial yet? Or anybody have any more info on this? Man , I've been waiting for a star wars cartoon to come out again for like ever now. I wonder if jango fett is going to be in this or at least I hope so. Or maybe it takes place after the second movie? Anybody? This is all I found:

Clone Wars

:p:D:lol:

The Clone Wars cartoon is a series of shorts by Genndy Tartakovsky, of Samurai Jack and Dexter's Lab fame. It takes place after AOTC, and somewhat fleshes out the years of the Clone Wars. Don't expect too much depth though, as each short will only be 5 minutes long. But we are going to see some neato visuals in addition to a few new characters.

And if you're like us Canadians, you'll have to either download them or wait for the DVD, since we don't get no stinking Cartoon Network. <_<

Deep Thoughts, By Agent ONE.

If something is great as animation, some idiot will say: "Hey! We should do a live action version!"

If something is great as live action, some idiot will say: "Hey! We should do a animated version!"

The Clone Wars cartoon is a series of shorts by Genndy Tartakovsky, of Samurai Jack and Dexter's Lab fame. It takes place after AOTC, and somewhat fleshes out the years of the Clone Wars. Don't expect too much depth though, as each short will only be 5 minutes long. But we are going to see some neato visuals in addition to a few new characters.

And if you're like us Canadians, you'll have to either download them or wait for the DVD, since we don't get no stinking Cartoon Network. <_<

Wait, five minutes long? I thought this is going to be like a full series of episodes. Aww man that's weak if they are only going to be 5 minutes long. :( I guess it's better than nothing. :p:D:lol:

Are they at least using the actors for their appropriate roles? <_<

Possibly Anthony Daniels might return to do 3PO, but otherwise the cast will be the usual Lucasarts players. The voices in the Clone Wars game were decent enough.

A lot of people were disappointed that they were only going to be 5 minute shorts, but I have faith in Tartovsky. He has a good sense of pacing, and his work is dynamic and interestingly framed in the "camera". And like you said, it's better than nothing.

If something is great as animation, some idiot will say: "Hey! We should do a live action version!"

If something is great as live action, some idiot will say: "Hey! We should do a animated version!"

Dude . . . don't you come over here dissin' Droids or anything. <_< :p

Dude . . . don't you come over here dissin' Droids or anything. <_<:p

Can we at least bash Ewooks? :lol:

Can we at least bash Ewooks? :lol:

I didn't mention it for that reason. ;)

LOL, I meant it from a broad entertainment industry perspective, not a SW perspective.

Tartakovsky is a god when it comes to minimalist animation. I have yet to see anything he makes have any real detail or complication to it. He accells at blocking, pacing and layout... not at traditional animation. I myself would like to see what he could do with a real animation studio behind him... you know, a studio that doesn't rely on flash and runs their work at 24 frames per second on most of their shots.

Tartakovsky is a god when it comes to minimalist animation. I have yet to see anything he makes have any real detail or complication to it. He accells at blocking, pacing and layout... not at traditional animation. I myself would like to see what he could do with a real animation studio behind him... you know, a studio that doesn't rely on flash and runs their work at 24 frames per second on most of their shots.

Agreed. One thing I don't like about Tartakovsky.... he loves to make his characters "sharp". B)

Yeah, his characters are certainly an acquired taste. But you can't deny his cinematic style has been a kick to the gentials for an otherwise stagnant domestic animation industry. When I first saw an episode of Samurai Jack, I actually laughed out loud at the visuals he was conjuring up. Opponents would stare at each other for what seemed like minutes on end, like something out of a Leone western. Split screen shots, right out of the 1970's! And what about the slow-mo or even freeze frame shots? It's like somebody took equal parts Leone, Peckinpah, Anime and Exploitation Cinema into a blender and hit the "Frappe" button.

• 5 years later...

Well the Clone Wars Animated series has started! Post your thoughts etc here!

I for one liked the animated movie, and the first 2 eps were more of the same high standard. i thought the Yoda episode was the best of the 2, with his playfulness and mentoring coming through quite strongly. The other episode was ok, but a bit drawn out i thought. I likd all that happened, it just could have happened a little quicker!

Still, we're off to a fine start!

Wasn't bad, though I don't really like the idea of a season 1.5 when we've already had a clone wars series. Just wish we could finally span away from it and do either something completely different either WAY before any of this happened, or WAY after the final film.

But it did look ok in HD.

I was so bitter going into this after the "movie," but my sneer turned into a grin as I realized the entire first episode would be a Yoda showcase. When he started giggling like in ESB, I was sold. The scene in the cave with his theme playing - damn it, that was unquestionably Star Wars. I was grinning ear to ear. And by the time the credits rolled on the second episode, I honestly was hoping CN would sneak another one in. Wow. This show is awesome. And yet... why was the film so BAD??? :blink:

Yeeepp, this is that starwars series we were promised a while back, shame it had to be this.

dont get me wrong, a CG series is all fine and dandy, hell even at these blasted character designs, I just don't need a filler of a arch that's been done. We've seen Anakin trancend from an innocent youth, to a power savior , an evil warlord, and his death after 40 years of existance.

Why d we put up with MORE?

....oh, toy marketing, riiiiggght.

Yeeepp, this is that starwars series we were promised a while back, shame it had to be this.

dont get me wrong, a CG series is all fine and dandy, hell even at these blasted character designs, I just don't need a filler of a arch that's been done. We've seen Anakin trancend from an innocent youth, to a power savior , an evil warlord, and his death after 40 years of existance.

Why d we put up with MORE?

....oh, toy marketing, riiiiggght.

Star Wars turns transformers. Bang.