Woops, I guess there already was a thread for this, couldn't find it in the first few search pages so I just made this new thread, mods, do with it as you please.

28 minutes ago, Old_Nash said:

welll... revisiting Clone Wars after floop of Han Solo movie?

Or they haven't ideas to a new series?

Why not? What would Solo have to do with the massively popular Clone Wars series? Clone Wars was a beloved series by a ton of fans, and it never got the proper ending it deserved. Star Wars Resistance was announced quite a while ago at this point, that's obviously a new series, so no "they" aren't out of ideas, Filoni and Disney are just putting out the ending to the series that never got it, the one fans have been clamoring for and we never thought we would see.

4 minutes ago, Tking22 said:

Woops, I guess there already was a thread for this, couldn't find it in the first few search pages so I just made this new thread, mods, do with it as you please.

Why not? What would Solo have to do with the massively popular Clone Wars series? Clone Wars was a beloved series by a ton of fans, and it never got the proper ending it deserved. Star Wars Resistance was announced quite a while ago at this point, that's obviously a new series, so no "they" aren't out of ideas, Filoni and Disney are just putting out the ending to the series that never got it, the one fans have been clamoring for and we never thought we would see.

The series has a ending with Lost Missions.

They back not because the fans, but they don't have more ideias to continue new series.

At last, a serie focusing the Young Han gonna be good, IF they don't make that movie.

• azrael changed the title to Star Wars Clone Wars RETURNS!!! (2019 on Disney streaming)

O. Disney is trying to sell it's streaming service. I guess they're giving them a chance to finish up their story to link with ROTS by the looks of it. Nice but I would have preferred that it ended when it ended. Not bring it back just so Disney can sell it's streaming service.

• azrael changed the title to Star Wars: Clone Wars animated series (returning 2019)

One thing that always bugged me (and wasn’t addressed in Rebels) was what the hell happened to Rex during Order 66.

Using this as bait for Disney’s streaming service is annoying.  But if we can get that story in animated format and get a better closing to Clone Wars, I’m all for it.

29 minutes ago, azrael said:

O. Disney is trying to sell it's streaming service. I guess they're giving them a chance to finish up their story to link with ROTS by the looks of it. Nice but I would have preferred that it ended when it ended. Not bring it back just so Disney can sell it's streaming service.

Honestly? I don't mind in the slightest so long as it gives us some closure and a real ending, the way it "ended" wasn't satisfying at all IMO. And while Rebels gave us some answers to where several characters ended up, Clone Wars was supposed to give us the "how", it didn't get to on several different character and story threads, now it can!

23 minutes ago, Mog said:

Using this as bait for Disney’s streaming service is annoying.  But if we can get that story in animated format and get a better closing to Clone Wars, I’m all for it.

This! If this was Disney's plan, it will work on me, I need that Clone Wars fix, the big mouse is one crafty little monster.

1 hour ago, Old_Nash said:

The series has a ending with Lost Missions.

They back not because the fans, but they don't have more ideias to continue new series.

At last, a serie focusing the Young Han gonna be good, IF they don't make that movie.

Once again, Star Wars Resistance is a new series that has already been announced and is coming, by Dave Filoni, the guy that made Clone Wars and Rebels, clearly he isn't out of ideas. And once again, MANY fans weren't satisfied with the "ending" we got, it clearly wasn't the way the creator intended for the show to finish, there were several character and story threads never wrapped up, it wasn't a satisfying or true ending in the slightest. This continuation may have been to push Disney's streaming service, but for many fans, this is absolutely for them, and Dave Filoni as well, who has said many times in interviews he hated that he never got his proper ending to Clone Wars.

18 hours ago, Old_Nash said:

welll... revisiting Clone Wars after floop of Han Solo movie?

Or they haven't ideas to a new series?

Pretty sure this was in the works before the Solo film.  Didn't Filoni mention something was already in the works before Rebels closed?

Edit

Nevermind, I think Filoni was talking about Resistance.

Edited by peter

• 8 months later...

Found the old Clone Wars thread here: 

But the reason I'm bringing it back is because The Clone Wars series will be leaving Netflix on April 7th.

So if you want to get one last fix of Clone action, Pong Krell, Hondo Ohnaka, Cad Bane, Star Wars meets Aliens and Invasion of the Body Snatchers, Death Watch, Ventress, Maul making himself worthy of the Sith title, Ahsoka growing up, Rex kicking butt, Fives moving up the ranks, seeing a slight justification of why the Clones were so brutal with Order 66, lightsaber battles that got more intense as the seasons progressed, and Anakin slipping ever so slightly to the dark side, now is the time.

As someone who initially looked down at this series (just loved Volume II of Genndy Tartakovsky's version a ton), the series was just so good (even with the occasional clunkers) that it eventually won me over.

• azrael changed the title to Star Wars: Clone Wars animated series
On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 4:18 AM, Mog said:

As someone who initially looked down at this series (just loved Volume II of Genndy Tartakovsky's version a ton), the series was just so good (even with the occasional clunkers) that it eventually won me over.

Same here. I saw the Clone Wars Movie in the theatre, and it underwhelmed me, especially all the 'Snips' this and 'Sky-guy' that.:rolleyes: I thought if this was a portent of things to come, it was going to be a giant cheesefest. But, as the series went on, it just got better and better, albeit with a clunker ep here and there (esp the Jar Jar eps). Overall, the toon was worlds better than the Prequels combined, and I think Filoni and Co. did a pretty good job of trying to explain some of the holes or just dumb stuff that GL did in his movies.  They did a better job of showing Anakin's tendency toward the Dark side that would lead to his eventual turn in a much better fashion than the GL did. And, they developed Ahsoka into a character that I came to care about, as I initially found her a little annoying.  My overall feeling about the series was that Filoni and his crew understand Star Wars better than its creator, and can tell more engaging stories in that universe. Lucas' strength, generally speaking, is in visualizing his universe and choosing really talented people to pull it off, and that certainly played a huge role, too, in Clone Wars, which is why I think it'd be good if he remained a part of it, if only as an idea man. Just don't let him write any dialog.;)

Filoni and Co. went on to demonstrate their SW storytelling prowess with Rebels, which was also an excellent series full of great characters, and an emotional ending that should have garnered an Emmy.  

I've only watched one ep of Resistance, which, TBH, didn't grab me, but I've got the eps on DVR and at some point I'll get around to giving it more attention. With two amazing SW shows under their belts, I feel any endeavor by Filoni's crew is worth spending the time to become engaged.

Well said. Clone Wars was great minus the clunker episode here and there, I never finished Rebels, but I was enjoying it up to the point where I left off, after Ezra got the holocron thingie and Ahsoka had it out with Vader. I need to finish the series I suppose at some point. 

28 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

Well said. Clone Wars was great minus the clunker episode here and there, I never finished Rebels, but I was enjoying it up to the point where I left off, after Ezra got the holocron thingie and Ahsoka had it out with Vader. I need to finish the series I suppose at some point. 

It's a very rewarding series, start to end.

I still haven't dipped into Resistance.  Might not ever.

I HATED the Inquisitor and his spinner lightsaber at first.

But after Vader wrecked everyone’s ish (Season 2, Episodes 1 and 2?), Rebels kept getting better and better.

When the end credits started to roll on Rebels’ last episode, I wanted to stand up and give them a standing ovation.

Such a satisfying and beautiful ending!

Yes, it’s that good.  

And yes, it became a worthy successor to Clone Wars.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks cool....if not a little too Ashoka centered. She’s a fun character and all, but MAYBE becoming a bit too significant in the era of Kenobi, Yoda, and Skywalker. Just seems a bit strange to me and I really like her too.

Chris

Based on what I’ve read and what’s been pretty much confirmed by the trailers, we’re getting [DON’T READ IF WANT TO AVOID SPOILERS]:

Ahsoka.

Rex.

Mandos.

Order 66 ensues.

Ever since Rex popped back up in Rebels, I’ve been wanting to see this story told.

Edited by Mog

• 8 months later...

As a movie, I can get the annoyance.

As a typical arc for the TV series, it wasn’t that horrible.  The Skyguy and Artooie crap was dumb, and Rex was relegated to just shouting all his lines (except for his awesome “experience outranks everything” line).

But having watched later eps first, I can see signs of what was to become of the series later.

11 hours ago, Dynaman said:

Which is worse, Last Jedi or Clone Wars - I'd go with LJ being worst but maybe I've just blocked most of the CW movie.  

At least the clone wars led into something coherent and flowed from where it left off. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/14/2019 at 5:14 PM, Dobber said:

Looks cool....if not a little too Ashoka centered. She’s a fun character and all, but MAYBE becoming a bit too significant in the era of Kenobi, Yoda, and Skywalker. Just seems a bit strange to me and I really like her too.

Chris

After watching the most recent trailer, I felt the exact same sentiments.

I still like animated Anakin better than live action Anakin.  Animated Anakin seemed more dark side capable and less whiny. 

Looks interesting, and like the end might take place during RotS.  Which would be cool, as it would better show the timeline.  IIRC the book made it sound like the movie took place over several months, but as filmed it felt like a week or two at most.

Yes too Ashoka centered, and because this is being released out of order there won't be much, if any real dramatic stakes in any Ashoka/Maul battles.

26 minutes ago, Knight26 said:

Yes too Ashoka centered, and because this is being released out of order there won't be much, if any real dramatic stakes in any Ashoka/Maul battles.

True. If this had come out as planned, prior to their appearances in Rebels, we'd all be wondering if this would be the death of either Maul or Ahsoka - maybe both. If it does overlap with ROTS, I am very interested to see how Rex handles it. (again, another bit of suspense removed, thanks to having his later story filled in)

7 minutes ago, azrael said:

Season 7 should lead up to RotS. Season 7 should cover Rex, Wolffe, and Gregor removing their control chips, Maul leaving Mandalore, and likely Ashoka losing her old or getting new sabers.

I think it might also be a good time to throw in some easter eggs connecting to Casian Andor, Kanan and Hera from Rebels, and maybe start showing us a bit more of the fall of Mandalore.