• 1 month later...

So I just watched the season premiere.

Pretty good fight scenes.

But for a couple of supposed bad-asses, Maul and Savage got pwned pretty badly.

Guess we're already seeing the seeds laid for their downfall too. If I got cut and half and left for dead, I'd probably reconsider going down a fully traditional Sith path again. Train up your bro'. Teach him with some tough love. But even I know the whole "Call me Master, my Apprentice" crap is gonna get old real fast.

But then again, Maul has never been the smartest tool in the shed.

• 3 months later...

I've gotta get caught up. I think I saw like the first ep of the season, and have a massive backlog after that.

If you're itching for CLONE-centric episodes, you really haven't missed much this season (if anything at all).

The 4-parter with Ahsoka's Separatist crush was alright. And the arc with the Younglings getting their lightsaber crystals was okay at first, but it should have never been a 4-parter (a two or three episode arc would have been better). And this droid one? Should have only been two episodes max.

They do show a Republic commando in this last ep. But we really haven't had a good Clone-centric episode since the Pong Krell arc.

And speaking of Krell, why the hell hasn't Hasbro made a figure of him yet?!!

As always, I plan to skip any episode that is centered around droids, gungans, senators, etc.

So, which ones DO I need to watch? It'll save me a good amount of time/effort if you could list what's "essential". I pretty much just want clones and jedi. (and Maul, of course)

The Ahsoka arc was alright, since it was guerilla tactics. But there's a love triangle bit, and it's a bit predictable in terms of story (the benign leader of a Separtist planet is ousted for a massive a-hole, the Jedi and Rex train a resistance movement on the planet to better wipe out battle droids, death ensues). Nowhere near as good as the Krell arc or the Maul eps, but passable/watchable.

The Youngling one was okay. Plus you have Hondo the pirate busting out his awesome quotes and quips. But again, somewhere between the third or fourth episode of this arc, I was rolling my eyes and hoping they would wrap it up already.

I'd pass on the latest astromechs one. It has its moments (like the souped-up weapons they gave the mechs), but I've been itching for some Clone episodes or more eps of Anakin moving towards the dark path.

So, maybe watch the Ahsoka arc and the first two episodes of the Youngling one.

• 3 weeks later...

"So, the only thing that you can tell me is that I will find Jabba. . . . at Jabba's Palace?"

Don't know why I laughed at that line and delivery so much.

Maybe it's because I never thought the horned red dude would be such a source of humor.

Pretty good episode last week. Lots of action and smart plotting going on.

That was a good episode: Fallen Sith, Mandalorian Death Watch, Hutts and their hired bounty hunter lackeys, assorted mayhem and alliances of convinience/self preservation... and not a Republic droid, Senator, Jedi, or bumbling comic relief character in sight; what's not to like?

Maul's matter-of-fact observation to the Hutt was priceless, I totally agree. It was almost as 'funny' as Cad Bane's “What are you looking at? It's a nice hat”. quip in The Box fromthat Obi Wan undercover arc.

Yeah the last ep with the Clone Commando Gregor was pretty cool,really was the kick that this droid arc needed. Hopefully after the next episode it gets back on track with the main story.

I bilieve the Gregor was the RC-1207, from the Republic Commando, because he was the sniper.

This is far and away the best arc of this season.

Glad to see that Maul learned a thing or two about plotting while he was hanging with Palps.

I really hope that the next episode isn't the last one for this arc.

Awesome duel with an excellent ending, not just in terms of choreography but how it's driving the character and story development. I love the way the writers give these events context and gravity, and not just flair and flashy effects.

Best episode of this show so far. EPIC lightsaber battles. Those who died HAD to die. A little too short and abrupt but with no fat at all. Even the ship being destroyed was satisfiying. It's like this episode got rid of all the trash in one fell swoop.