Scratchbuilding Oberth

honneamise

I hope to update this soon, Grayson72! :)

Although the interest thread was not too succesful so far (14 people interested in 15 kits) I still decided to make molds and at the moment my workspace is a wretched mess of silicone!

Some of the small parts´molds are ready and I made some test castings - turned out fine. At the moment I´m at the bigger molds for the body, front and engine - should all be ready by monday so I can begin with casting the parts.

Of course I will take pictures and I want to completely finish a ship as soon as possible. Maybe some more people will be attracted to it when they see a built and painted model - so far there was only a couple of half finished bits to be seen so only hardcore modelers/scratchbuilders (the guys who already posted in the interest thread I assume :D ) can imagine what it will look like on the shelf! ;)

You know there's several places that will sell your models for you. Hobbyfan.com and Starshipmodeler.com come to mind. I'm not sure how the deal works but you could ask fellow member Cobywan, Hobbyfan sold his Lancer II kit.

• 1 month later...

Hi sorry it took so long but first MW was down ant then I was away for two weeks - that was a long time without MW! I´m glad MW is back and I´m working on the Oberth again, see my post on the other thread.

I´m about halfway through building and painting one ship just from cast parts and this should be finished within this week. I need to replace/ make some of the molds to get the first 20 kits ready. Pictures will follow soon.