Newbie Questions on Macross

Can it be V = Variable, F = Fighter?

The US planes are typically name F = fighter, A = attacker, B = bomber. Maybe the folks in Studio Nue picked that up! :rolleyes:

Yeah, I believed it is based on the US Tri-service aircraft designation system although with some differences (a V in front would usually mean that the craft is a staff or VIP transport).

Based on what we've seen, the NUNS version probably goes like this: Modified mission + Status Prefix + Basic Mission + series number, e.g Luca's RVF-25 (R = reconnaisance, V = Variable, F = Fighter).

To Vince1234

There's a pic of Misa in a wedding dress in the Graffiti book here http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/books/series_best.htm

It also shows Hikaru and Misa with a baby while on a day out with Max and Miria.

Makes you wonder if Misa learned from the Miria school of child care. Throwing babies :lol:

thanks! at least now i know i haven't been a complete boob in calling everything a valkyrie. :D

Well to your defense, Valkyrie became a sort of popular term for VF's in the Macross universe anyway.

Edited by d3v

That WOULD have been one step too far. Although

considering the storyline of episode 10, her "possible" connection to Sara Nome may yet spawn a huge thread.

but again, I hope this is also BS.

Same here, I'm hoping she's not connected to that...why can't she just be an extremely talented hard working girl and not be something "special".. sigh...

dude this site is awesome!!! too bad its rapidshare.. :(

ps i still have to wait an hour for every 100mb? rapget doesnt not prevent that does it?

I too am put off by Rapidshare, I don't want to have to buy an account to be able to download something quickly, but the alternative isn't very useful, especially when something is split into that many parts. That's why I like torrents, but they can be difficult to find on sites that you can trust (like the anime torrent sites we use to get Macross Frontier currently that are linked to in the episode discussion threads). I got the idea by the description that rapget just makes it easier to do the downloads, but not necessarily bypassing the limit if you don't have a paid account. I could be wrong, and if so then I'll try it out, but until I know I am just using rapidshare for smaller things since I'm not going to buy an account.

I too am put off by Rapidshare, I don't want to have to buy an account to be able to download something quickly, but the alternative isn't very useful, especially when something is split into that many parts. That's why I like torrents, but they can be difficult to find on sites that you can trust (like the anime torrent sites we use to get Macross Frontier currently that are linked to in the episode discussion threads). I got the idea by the description that rapget just makes it easier to do the downloads, but not necessarily bypassing the limit if you don't have a paid account. I could be wrong, and if so then I'll try it out, but until I know I am just using rapidshare for smaller things since I'm not going to buy an account.

I'm not sure it takes that much longer to wait for rapidshare than it does to download a lightly-seeded torrent, but there's something about watching the little blue bars appear that at least gives the illusion of progress...and you don't have to sit around checking your watch...

I like torrents better, but rapidhsare's okay in a pinch.

i get lots of problems with rapidshare.

it tells me to wait for xx minutes sometimes hundreds of min, and then, it tells me i'm already downloading some files which is totally not the case. really frustrating. i dont understand why people still wanna use it when there are other filesharing websites.

may i suggest using Sharebig?

Edited by Shun

I had to stop using bittorrent serving for iMacross4. I was getting phone calls from my ISP and having my internet connection cut off every other weekend. Both MTS and Shaw monitor bandwidth usage for uploading and downloading, but particularly uploading.

Bittorrent works for me only when I'm uploading or downloading a few files, not hundreds of files.

Sharebig looks fine for a few files to share, but not when you're looking at over 150 gb!

RapidShare works really well for me for $10/month and there's no problems with bandwidth.

Gubaba was looking into putting together a Mega Macross bittorrent, if you like bittorrents.

Itano Circus is named after Ichiro Itano, an animator and animation director on SDF Macross, which is where that effect became famous.

Edited by Duke Togo

Out of curiosity, the iMacross thread only links to rapidshare right, or does it have links to torrent downloads too? I only ask because it looks like it's only rapidshare and I want to make sure.

Out of curiosity, the iMacross thread only links to rapidshare right, or does it have links to torrent downloads too? I only ask because it looks like it's only rapidshare and I want to make sure.

iMacross is only rapidshare. If you want a torrent for everything, you'll have to wait a bit. I've been patiently collecting material for the drop-dead big-deal wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am ultimate Macross torrent-to-end-all-Macross-torrents, but I'm not going to release it until February 9, 2009. (There's still a lot that I need to get, anyway, so even that date may be a little too optimistic...but it MUST be released on that date, no matter what.)

So if you can wait a few more months, you can download to your heart's content, and upload for months thereafter, 'cause your ratio will be screwed.

iMacross is only rapidshare. If you want a torrent for everything, you'll have to wait a bit. I've been patiently collecting material for the drop-dead big-deal wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am ultimate Macross torrent-to-end-all-Macross-torrents, but I'm not going to release it until February 9, 2009. (There's still a lot that I need to get, anyway, so even that date may be a little too optimistic...but it MUST be released on that date, no matter what.)

So if you can wait a few more months, you can download to your heart's content, and upload for months thereafter, 'cause your ratio will be screwed.

Well I don't want everything, but if you'll be having a library of all the stuff I can choose from I'm sure it will be worth the wait. Mostly what I want is DYRL since I still have yet to see it, and Macross Plus Movie edition (I've seen Plus many times, but not the movie version). I might also look into watching the original SDFM since I still have only seen the Robotech version of Macross (aside from some obvious differences it seems to live up to it fairly well from what I've seen). However I know places where I can watch SDFM w/o downloading (such as SurfTheChannel), but having a copy may be good.

Well I don't want everything, but if you'll be having a library of all the stuff I can choose from I'm sure it will be worth the wait. Mostly what I want is DYRL since I still have yet to see it, and Macross Plus Movie edition (I've seen Plus many times, but not the movie version). I might also look into watching the original SDFM since I still have only seen the Robotech version of Macross (aside from some obvious differences it seems to live up to it fairly well from what I've seen). However I know places where I can watch SDFM w/o downloading (such as SurfTheChannel), but having a copy may be good.

You won't know until you see the original, ne? ;)

I might also look into watching the original SDFM since I still have only seen the Robotech version of Macross (aside from some obvious differences it seems to live up to it fairly well from what I've seen).

You're in for a number of surprises... (The pleasant kind, I hope.)

I can't recall, is tonight that Episode 9 runs or tomorrow night? :huh:

Technically (for U.S. peoples like me anyway) it airs tomorrow morning, which is Thursday night/Early Friday morning for Japan.

As for Macross, I actually know there are a lot of differences, but I just haven't gotten around to seeing the "true version."

Ok my turn for a "newbie question"....what exactly is an "Itano Circus" and where did the term originate? Does it mean a Volley of missles fired out? Please excuse the newbieness... :(

Yah. Itano Circus is the missile cloud.

And no worries. We were all newbies once.

I had to stop using bittorrent serving for iMacross4. I was getting phone calls from my ISP and having my internet connection cut off every other weekend. Both MTS and Shaw monitor bandwidth usage for uploading and downloading, but particularly uploading.

Sheesh...

How exactly did bandwidth caps die in the US and survive everywhere else?

Man i just recentlly saw macross frontier from episode 1-8 and it was awesome. just wondering about the time line is this right after macross plus? i mean there is macross zero, dyrl, frontier? next? before the mac 7 and plus? or is this after mac 7 and plus?

Man i just recentlly saw macross frontier from episode 1-8 and it was awesome. just wondering about the time line is this right after macross plus? i mean there is macross zero, dyrl, frontier? next? before the mac 7 and plus? or is this after mac 7 and plus?

i think it is many years after all you mention + many years after zero.

future is better than past, we would not want to screw up like george with sw 1 to 3. totally disaster.

Macross Frontier takes place after everything else. It is listed as a sequel to Macross 7, but not necessarily related to it.

Sheesh...

How exactly did bandwidth caps die in the US and survive everywhere else?

Well that depends on how fast they were to begin with... :p

As for Shaw, you have to get the extreme package for them to leave you alone. However there is a cap on total bandwidth usage and if you go over it regularly, you will be monitored...

Frontier is after Plus and 7.

Mac plus happened year 2040.

Mac 7 started 2045.

And Frontier begins year 2059.

A visit to the chronology in the Macross Compendiumwill help. :)

Hey real quick, whats the Japanese translation for LISTEN TO MY SONG!! ? its becoming a running joke at my work

Basara version: Ore no uta o kiKE!

Sheryl version: Atashi no uta o kiKE!

Of course, the Basara version works best if you immediately launch into Planet Dance...

they both translate into the same thing?

Yes. There are numerous ways to say "I" or "me" in Japanese. Basara uses a slangy, masculine way to say it, Sheryl uses the most common feminine way.

If Hikaru had shouted it, he would've used "Boku." Global would've said "Washi"...the possibilities are almost endless...

Yes. There are numerous ways to say "I" or "me" in Japanese. Basara uses a slangy, masculine way to say it, Sheryl uses the most common feminine way.

If Hikaru had shouted it, he would've used "Boku." Global would've said "Washi"...the possibilities are almost endless...

I DEMAND a pop-rock Global to be animated NOW.

Kaifun was Minmay cousing???

Yes. Except when he was her brother. ;)

Seriously...yes, but they're not related by blood. Ican't remember exactly what the connection is, though...he's Minmay's aunt's son from a previous marriage...? I think...?