Newbie Questions on Macross

thats why the vf-22 looks like vf-21 huh? i guess vf-22 made its appearance in macross 7? i didnt watch macross 7, was M&M inside???

Yes, M&M is in M7. You should really try watching it if the VF-22s interest you so much. (and I don't mean that in any hostile way. I just noticed you're really interested in it.) The best way to answer the question is to go see it for yourself. :)

Here's a question not necissarily newbie but one that doesn't beg a big thread:

According to MAHQ on this page: http://www.mahq.net/mecha/macross/sdfmacross/mbr-07-mk2.htm

Hikaru is credited with piloting a Spartan. Is this true? (MAHQ also credits Lap'Lamiz with piloting a Regult...)

Hikaru piloted a Spartan briefly one of the SW1 aftermath episodes to help with some rebelling Zentraedi. I believe it was the episode he left Misa wating for hours at a restaurant for their date, IINM.

Lap'Lamiz got to pilot Kamjin's Glaug once, while Kamjin rode on top of a stolen Mk. II Monster. I think she piloted a Regult somewhere not long before that, too.

According to MAHQ on this page: http://www.mahq.net/mecha/macross/sdfmacross/mbr-07-mk2.htm

Hikaru is credited with piloting a Spartan. Is this true? (MAHQ also credits Lap'Lamiz with piloting a Regult...)

There was one episode I can't remember which one, it was the one where Hikaru was suppoed to take Misa out for a picnic or something. Anyway there was a Zentraedi uprising incident and he took one of the Spartans out, I can't remember if he was armed with a metal beam or a gun pod.

Yes. Hikaru did pilot a Spartan. Episode 34. And no, Lap'Lamiz did not pilot a Regult, IIRC. She did pilot a Queadluun-Rau.

Lap'Lamiz did not pilot a Regult, IIRC. She did pilot a Queadluun-Rau.

When did she do that?

When she went against Miria in one of the later episodes. She piloted Kamjin's Glauug as well.

When does the Unfication (?) War start? The one from Mac Zero?

According to the timeline on the Macross Compendium site, the Anit-Unification wars start in July of 2000 and end in December of 2007. The wars are actually pretty much over by the time Macross Zero takes place. The timeline also states that the events in Macross Zero are kept secret for at least five decades.

When does the Unfication (?) War start? The one from Mac Zero?

Please read:

http://www.anime.net/macross/story/chronol...1999/index.html

Was the Macross 13 the only one of it's kind or are all following New Macross-classes built like that? And was any of those defence systems it had installed on the SDF-1?

We don't know. We haven't seen any New Macross-class ships after M13.

2nd question: No. The Sound Jamming system was exclusive to the 2049/2050 time period (The time frame of Macross VF-X 2)

Can someone give me a basic plot synopsis of the Macross 7 series?

I've watched the original SDF Macross and loved it, same for Macross Plus, both the movie and OVA versions. I've got DYRL on order but haven't seen it yet. I understand that the 'canon' view is that DYRL is a 'movie within a movie' remembering the events of SDF Macross. (I've seen Zero 1-3 as well)

I've heard bits and snatches about 7, but I'm curious as to what people thought about it. Was it a good series or not? Everyone seems to agree that Macross 2 stunk, and that it's considered an alternative universe or something like that.

So what's the scoop on 7? Edumacate me.

See http://www.mahq.net/animation/macross/seven/macross7.htm

If you want to solicit opininons and discussion about M7, you should either start a separate thread or use the search function to locate an existing "M7 good or bad?" thread. (There are at least a couple.)

Gee, thanks.

I DID start a new thread, only to have someone bark that I should post the question HERE.

I'm going through my Robotech DVD's........watching Episode 33 (A Rainy Night). If anyone knows that name of the SDF: Macross title that'd be GREAT.

Anyways. there's a couple of flashback scenes where Roy and Claudia first meet.

When is this supposed to take place? 2007? 2008? 2009?

There are a couple of Fighters I've never seen before.

There's also a couple of scenes in the hanger where Roy is participating in the VF-1 Prototypes (One the wing I coud barely make out VF-X :lol: ).

post-2-1076405351.jpg

I'm going through my Robotech DVD's........watching Episode 33 (A Rainy Night). If anyone knows that name of the SDF: Macross title that'd be GREAT.

There's also a couple of scenes in the hanger where Roy is participating in the VF-1 Prototypes (One the wing I coud barely make out VF-X :lol: ).

That one is the McNell Douglar F203 Dragon II.

See Compendium.

Graham

There's also a couple of scenes in the hanger where Roy is participating in the VF-1 Prototypes (One the wing I coud barely make out VF-X  :lol:  ).

UN Spacy, I started to answer this... but the dates I remember don't add up (especially when its supposed to be just over a year from the begining of the "Rainy night" flashback to the end). I'm coming up with over a three year gap. I'm gonna suggest checking out Robotech.com and look at the Chonology section, maybe asking on their boards. FYI the fighter that Roy flew in the begining of the "Rainy Night" flashback was a pre-Robotech aircraft, your not likely going to find much info on it.

There is some info on the VF-X, but I don't know where I have it... besides the fact I'm at work ;)

EDIT----

woops, I stand corrected on the fighter info

Edited by Southcross

These are the fighters we should have been seeing in Mac Zero :p

There's also a couple of scenes in the hanger where Roy is participating in the VF-1 Prototypes (One the wing I coud barely make out VF-X  :lol:  ).

These are the fighters we should have been seeing in Mac Zero :p

Weren't the planes from "Rainy Night" pre-"visitor" technology? They really dont' go to deep into the technology, just Roy and (the Japanese name?, Claudia) and their "disfunctional" relationship.

The Macross Zero Valks were after they had been salvaging the "visitor" for its technology

Edited by Southcross

The events shown in "Rainy Night" postdate the arrival of the SSF-1. However, while SDF Macross has various fictional pre-VF fighters (not only the Karyobin and the Dragon II, but also very briefly the FL-200 Mistral), Macross Zero takes a more up-to-date approach. BTW, the M0 specs say that the F-14s at the beginning incorporate Overtechnology.

How?

I've only seen the first episode of a fansub and it didn't seem like the F-14s were equipped with anything obviously protoculture. Unless Transformational systems are Protoculture in origin? any images of the ASS-1 I've seen seem to make it non-transformable...

Is it possible that Transformation technology was on Protoculture mecha/small weapons systems?

Anyway, how are the F-14s 'protoculture enhanced?' Reaction weaponry/beam guns?

How?

I've only seen the first episode of a fansub and it didn't seem like the F-14s were equipped with anything obviously protoculture. Unless Transformational systems are Protoculture in origin? any images of the ASS-1 I've seen seem to make it non-transformable...

Is it possible that Transformation technology was on Protoculture mecha/small weapons systems?

Anyway, how are the F-14s 'protoculture enhanced?' Reaction weaponry/beam guns?

We got a lot more out of the ASS-1 than transformation.

Look for an F-14 with energy weapons, overtech sensor suites, shields, as well as the mundane(higher-performance engines).

Sorry, I should have written ASS-1 above, not SSF-1. The reference to OT in the F-14's from M0 comes from the Compendium:
Service life extended with upgrades implementing Overtechnology in avionics and other areas.

I'd guessed you meant SDF-1. Either one works.

Heck, SSF-1 would've worked if they hadn't been english-impaired...

anyways, the Compendium doesn't go into much detail. Avionics and other areas? Other areas could be anything from new engines to "folds into Starscream".