Newbie Questions on Macross

I pretty sure it is the stock that is the clip for the GU-15. When Isamu and Guld are fighting in the fourth episode, Isamu reloads right before the 21 bursts through the building 19 was using as cover. And I'm pretty sure the stock falls off when he does reload.

The stock it is! Actually it's the lower half of the stock, kinda. The ammo clip fits into the stock and serves as part of the stock.

I looked in the Macross Compendium and I couldn't see where the other episode of the the Macross 7 series went. I need help. Please arrange these items below in order; Which one happened first to last. If I left one out, please mention it. Thanks:

Macross 7 Series

Macross 7 Plus (yes I know this is like an OMAKE)

Macross 7 Movie The Galaxy is Calling me

Macross 7 Fleet of the Strongest Women

Macross 7 Dynamite

Macross 7 Encore

The encore epsisodes take place during the Macross 7 series itself. At different parts but near the end. Macross 7 Dynamite takes place after the series. I believe Macross 7 Movie The Galaxy is Calling me takes place sometime after the Planet Lux arc, not really sure.

Macross 7 Series

These took place during the series

- Macross 7 Movie The Galaxy is Calling me

- Macross 7 Fleet of the Strongest Women(this was one of the Encore episodes right)?

Macross 7 Dynamite(takes place after Macross 7 series ends.)

Macross 7 Series

Macross 7 Plus (yes I know this is like an OMAKE)

Macross 7 Movie The Galaxy is Calling me

Macross 7 Fleet of the Strongest Women

Macross 7 Dynamite

Macross 7 Encore

It doesn't quite work like that.

It should be:

-Macross 7 (Includes M7 Plus!, The Galaxy is Calling Me!, Encore (including Fleet of the Strongest Women))

-Macross Dynamite 7

Macross 7 Plus episodes cover the span of 2030 thru 2045 as they only fill backstory. The Galaxy is Calling Me occurs somewhere between episodes 38 thru 43. Encore would (including Fleet of the Strongest Women) occur between episodes 38-46 if they were to fit within the storyline for M7. Lastly we have Macross Dynamite 7.

If you're talking about a production timeline, then it would follow as

-Macross 7, Macross 7 Plus (these were made for video release so they would have to have been done during production), Macross 7 Encore! (including Fleet of the Strongest Women) - Again, Fleet of the Strongest Women was included on the video release as a bonus episode so it would have to have been during the end of production to make it to video).

-Macross 7: The Galaxy is Calling Me!

-Macross Dynamite 7

The Galaxy is Calling Me would have also been done during production of the series to make the September '95 release date.

Ok, two questions...

1.) What sort of technology is the G-Pod based off of. I have always described it as a electro-magnetic railgun firing sabot rounds and hyper velocities. However recently, I have noticed that there are actual cartriges being ejected (takes me what, nearly twenty years of being a fan of RT, and now Macross to figure this out?). Which means it isn't a railgun. Is it simply a chemical propelled weapon? and if so, how the heck does it fire in deep space, you need oxygen to burn most propellents.

2.) (Im sorry if this question has been asked elsewhere)Where is the best place to get ahold of M7 eps, I have tried iMacross4 but I don't have much luck downloading at times. Is there someplace elese I can get them?

Ok, two questions...

1.) What sort of technology is the G-Pod based off of. I have always described it as a electro-magnetic railgun firing sabot rounds and hyper velocities. However recently, I have noticed that there are actual cartriges being ejected (takes me what, nearly twenty years of being a fan of RT, and now Macross to figure this out?). Which means it isn't a railgun. Is it simply a chemical propelled weapon? and if so, how the heck does it fire in deep space, you need oxygen to burn most propellents.

2.) (Im sorry if this question has been asked elsewhere)Where is the best place to get ahold of M7 eps, I have tried iMacross4 but I don't have much luck downloading at times. Is there someplace elese I can get them?

Ok, for question 1 here's my theory:

The rounds are chemically fired (aka gunpowder, or equivelent), but mixed into each shell is an oxidizer (aka Oxygen, or something to make the gunpowder ignite). That's pretty much how you'd do it...

As to question 2, I have no clue...

Ok, two questions...

1.)  What sort of technology is the G-Pod based off of.  I have always described it as a electro-magnetic railgun firing sabot rounds and hyper velocities.  However recently, I have noticed that there are actual cartriges being ejected (takes me what, nearly twenty years of being a fan of RT, and now Macross to figure this out?).  Which means it isn't a railgun.  Is it simply a chemical propelled weapon? and if so, how the heck does it fire in deep space, you need oxygen to burn most propellents.

The rounds are chemically fired (aka gunpowder, or equivelent), but mixed into each shell is an oxidizer (aka Oxygen, or something to make the gunpowder ignite). That's pretty much how you'd do it...

Which is probably the most likely theory. Now, where did you get the idea that the gunpods are rail guns???

They almost have to be a sophisticated gunpowder-propelled type. First, there's the muzzle flash, which you probably wouldn't have from a Gauss gun. Second, the bullets obviously use shell casings (the rear brass compartment that holds the gunpowder charge) which would be superfluous in a Gauss gun.

What was the situation on Earth before the Macross crashed? Was there some big war already going on or did that whole mess only start after the crash?

The whole mess started after the crash. The world existed as it did in the 1980s. Up to 1990, things start changing from our time.

http://www.anime.net/macross/story/chronol...0000/index.html

One thing you have to remember in a lot of "future earth" productions (anime and otherwise) is that nobody expected the deep historical chamges that were going to happen in 1989 and onwards. Even Star Trek (the original 1960's through ST VI) presupposd that there would be a Soviet Union of some sort by the show's time frame (eg: Chekov: "Scotch?" 'Twas inwented by a little old lady from Leningrad!)

So, for the purposes of Macross' fictional history, there was every expectation from Kawamori et. al in 1981 that there would be a USSR in 1999 who would join into the UN Spacy (after being part of the Anti-UN).

Also, remember the "Jetsons" syndrome...everything looks more futuristic in the cinematic future than it would be in the real life future (Dammit! I want my rocket car and dehydrated pizza! :p)

One thing you have to remember in a lot of "future earth" productions (anime and otherwise) is that nobody expected the deep historical chamges that were going to happen in 1989 and onwards. Even Star Trek (the original 1960's through ST VI) presupposd that there would be a Soviet Union of some sort by the show's time frame (eg: Chekov: "Scotch?" 'Twas inwented by a little old lady from Leningrad!)

So, for the purposes of Macross' fictional history, there was every expectation from Kawamori et. al in 1981 that there would be a USSR in 1999 who would join into the UN Spacy (after being part of the Anti-UN).

Also, remember the "Jetsons" syndrome...everything looks more futuristic in the cinematic future than it would be in the real life future (Dammit! I want my rocket car and dehydrated pizza! :p)

On the other hand, Chekov COULD just be very proud of his heritage.

And Star Trek has inverse Jetsons syndrome. Technology keeps catching up.

For the third time now, I've tried to get into Macross 7, and for the third time also I've come away loathing this series. Just thought I wonder what any self-respecting Macross fan sees in this series. What's to like?

Not only did they split up Max and Miriya (wtf?) but it's got some of the most annoying and unlikeable characters I've ever seen in an anime series. Basara is a prick. It's got some out of place designs in the bad guys, some awful music (I love anime music 90% of the time and usually watch the opening and ending tunes with every episode, but this is just diabolical). The animation is pretty good right up until the action kicks in (which is usually after 20 mins of Mylene BS), then it turns into static battloid poses and some shoddy bullet tracers.

What am I missing? :(

For the third time now, I've tried to get into Macross 7, and for the third time also I've come away loathing this series. Just thought I wonder what any self-respecting Macross fan sees in this series. What's to like?

Not only did they split up Max and Miriya (wtf?) but it's got some of the most annoying and unlikeable characters I've ever seen in an anime series. Basara is a prick. It's got some out of place designs in the bad guys, some awful music (I love anime music 90% of the time and usually watch the opening and ending tunes with every episode, but this is just diabolical). The animation is pretty good right up until the action kicks in (which is usually after 20 mins of Mylene BS), then it turns into static battloid poses and some shoddy bullet tracers.

What am I missing? :(

This is not a opinion thread. This is for Q&A only. Your question is asking for an opinion.

I have a question.

I got into a little argument with a friend about how the VF-1 transforms. He says the legs use the same sort of bars as the VF-0, while I say they detach completely from the fuselage and connect to the nose? Which one is most accurate for the anime VF-1? Proof is, as usual, required.

I have a question.

I got into a little argument with a friend about how the VF-1 transforms. He says the legs use the same sort of bars as the VF-0, while I say they detach completely from the fuselage and connect to the nose? Which one is most accurate for the anime VF-1? Proof is, as usual, required.

Your right, he's wrong. :D

VF-0----swingbar

VF-1----no swingbar

Someone here might have the drawings of the VF-1 leg transformation process, (>EXO< might have it, IIRC.) or you can pick up either the Design Works or Perfect Memory.

I'll look for it and post it if I find it.

I have a question.

Ahh, I don't have my book with me but I can describe/explain it till someone gets the book.

The VF-1 doesn't have swingbars but it has these hinges and panels (think about a paper folding in half) underneath the chestplate. In fighter mode this thing is folded in half and when it transforms it unfolds to move the legs to the nose, then folds back leaving the legs on the hips.

I have a question.

Your right, he's wrong. :D

VF-0----swingbar

VF-1----no swingbar

Someone here might have the drawings of the VF-1 leg transformation process, (>EXO< might have it, IIRC.) or you can pick up either the Design Works or Perfect Memory.

I'll look for it and post it if I find it.

Couldn't find it yet, but Jarrod Trout's 1/72 Perfect Variable VF-1 (check it out, it's awesome) works pretty close to the same way. Imagine if there were a set of hydraulics attached to the each of the plates that move the legs forward.

Dammit, someone's got to have that Design Works diagram saved on their PC.

hasepvlegtf.jpg

Finally.....and of course, it was here at MW all along.

Sometimes I wonder if we took down the rest of Macrossworld and just left the forums up..........would anybody even notice!

Found this in the Graham's News section.....of course :lol: :

news_36_has_variable2..jpg

Ok, two questions...

1.)  What sort of technology is the G-Pod based off of.  I have always described it as a electro-magnetic railgun firing sabot rounds and hyper velocities.  However recently, I have noticed that there are actual cartriges being ejected (takes me what, nearly twenty years of being a fan of RT, and now Macross to figure this out?).  Which means it isn't a railgun.  Is it simply a chemical propelled weapon? and if so, how the heck does it fire in deep space, you need oxygen to burn most propellents.

Which is probably the most likely theory. Now, where did you get the idea that the gunpods are rail guns???

well, a bullit is a sealed charge (allready has oxygen in it with the gun powder) so in theory you could even fire a hand gun in space since everything is internal to the bullit and case

Thought I'd ask this here...

Who is Lt. K. Warmaker?

Generic name for the CF pilots. I think someone said its a play on the "Kilroy Was Here" stories from world war 2. As it stands, if your valk pilot is not named Roy Focker or a member of Vermillion, then his name is Warmaker.

Do Zentraedi ships actualy have a name, or is there just some serial number to ID them?

I don't believe that point has ever been addressed in Macross.

does anyone know the industry nickname of Ichiro Itano?

No clue. Sorry. You might want to check with the Gundam sites.

• 2 weeks later...
Casting everything else aside, does the word "Macross" have any meaning in the english language?

Well, the origin of the word for the series came from a cross between "megaroad"/"megaload" (indistinguishable in Japanese AFAIK) and "Macbeth" (as pronounced in Japanese, it's "Makubesu"). Details in the Animeigo liner notes, which were fortuitously posted to Usenet.

LOL, that's me :D (I just notice it)

Btw, informations were pasted from http://www.animeigo.com/Liner/MACROSS.t, the official site ;) I cut all the credits.

As for an actual meaning in English, none that I'm aware of. I remember getting excited when I first heard of "macros" (i.e., programmable shortcuts for performing multiple computer operations), but there's no connection. The closest meaning would be as a derivative of "macro-", meaning "big" (actually, "long" in Greek). I don't know if Kawamori et. al. ever intended it, but we could suppose that the name is short for "Macro Star Ship".

You don't know what I thought when I found on the net AIPHOS stood for Artificial Intelligence for Probing and Handling Organic Synthesis. Too bad it was actually AFOS :D

FV

The Megaroad-01 was the flagship of the first human colonization fleet. It's mission was to preserve culture by relocating humans to other planets so that another alien holocaust could not wipe out mankind completely as the Zentraedi almost succeeded in doing. Since the first launching, two fleets are lauched every year with this purpose in mind.

The Megaroad-01 fleet, however, lost all communications with U.N. HQ on the way to the galatic core. This knowledge was suppressed from the public.

One of the underlying mission priorities of the 37th Colonization Mission (the Macross 7) was to investigate and locate the missing fleet.

vinnie

EDIT IN: Opps forgot! Misa, and Hikaru were the lead planners and commanders of the Megaroad-01. I believe that Minmay was a passenger on the colonization fleet.

Edited by justvinnie