Newbie Questions on Macross

I don't own or have ever seen the original TV Macross. The 1/48 Valkyrie range is my first priority Macross product that I am going to complete before getting the DVD's. But I've got a couple of Macross music CD's though and was wondering what song did Minmay sing in the big battle against Bodolza?

First off....The yammie can wait. :lol: I suggest you get the DVD set by Animeigo. It is worth the price. And would probably answer your question rather than anybody posting, wasting space. :)

She sang "My Boyfriend is a Pilot", followed by "Shai Pai Lon", then "Love Drifts Away".

Is Hikaru Ichijyo still alive in 2050 ?

Nobody knows. He went to the center of the galaxy along with Misa and Minmei and was never heard from again. You can assume either, they lived happily ever after, or they died.

And lest we forget, The Hoary Froating Head ain't gonna tell us either way... :angry:

A custom 1/48 design made by a fan. Kawamori liked it so they made it into a toy.

A lot of people have been going around saying, "It's got that Macross Zero style pilot, so it's gonna be in Macross Zero!", and this is pure speculation. Nobody knows whether or not it will be in Macross Zero.

DYRL questions:

Was Max a higher rank than hikaru? It seemed like max was leading the attack in the scene where kakizaki died. And he also had the Skull Leader valk. in that scene to except with the blue color scheme.

And also, where the hell did he go after he defeated millia? are we to assume that he defected to the meltrandi and became a giant in order to get with her? I remember seeing him at the end with her in that meltrandi battle suit...i was always confused by that.

DYRL questions:

Was Max a higher rank than hikaru? It seemed like max was leading the attack in the scene where kakizaki died. And he also had the Skull Leader valk. in that scene to except with the blue color scheme.

And also, where the hell did he go after he defeated millia? are we to assume that he defected to the meltrandi and became a giant in order to get with her? I remember seeing him at the end with her in that meltrandi battle suit...i was always confused by that.

-Yes. Max was skull leader because Hikaru disapeared for a few months.

-Where did he go? He stayed with Millia in her battle ship. And then he was probably given a Q-rau to fight along side her.

DYRL questions:

-Yes. Max was skull leader because Hikaru disapeared for a few months.

-Where did he go? He stayed with Millia in her battle ship. And then he was probably given a Q-rau to fight along side her.

You even see them go out in their respective Red and Blue Q-raus during the final fight.

Since Hikaru had disappeared, Max was 001 for a while, then when Max stayed on the Meltran ship with Millia, Hikaru became 001. Therefore if Yamato makes a Max 1S we can 3 different Skull 001's.

Edited by Anubis

It's hard to see, but when Hikaru got hit with all those missiles in the TV episodes did he lose both his arms on the VF-1S? I think there was a glancing scene as he was falling to earth and jettisoning his armour. I would have to think yes as that is the only way he could have survived such a barrage.

The survivors aboard the SDF-1 Macross establish this city around the landing site of the ship. As such, it is centered around Macross Lake, the lake formed in the crater in which the Macross settles. Due to its significance, it has become the capital of the new United Nations Government. It has been the site of two pivotal battles since then.

From the Compendium.

I just wanted to know what were the easter eggs in DYRL? Like the beer can micro missle.

a few frames before the Bud missile there was another Easter Egg. In fact, it's on our 1/48 FAST pack sticker sheets. What is it advertising? The black letters and the yellow smiley.

I'd actually say Space War One ended with Kamujin's death. IMHO, Kamujin and his men were the last remaining organized Zentradi resistance that staged open battles with the UN Spacy under the banner of the old Zentradi. (The later rebels were acting out aggression that had been programmed into them over the millennia, but were not actively trying to revive the Zentradi presence as Kamujin seemed to be doing.) But usually, it's tough to decide when a war actually ends. Look at WW2 in Europe:

There are at least nine points that could lay a claim to being the end of WW2:

1) German surrender of Berlin May 7, 1945

2) German surrender of most forces, May 8, 1945 (VE Day)

3) Total German surrender of entire armed forces, May 12 (or thereabouts) 1945

4) Dissolution of Nazi government at Flensburg, late May, 1945

5) Beginning of occupation, May/June 1945

6) Supression of "Werewolf" guerillas, June/August 1945

7) Foundation of independent German states (BDR and DDR), 1949

8) Unification of Germany, 1989

9) Official signing of peace treaty between Germany and Allies, 1990

Any of these events could be, more or less, the end of WW2 in Europe, each with their own defenders and detractors. The same with Space War One. We don't see a signing of a peace treaty between the Zentradi and the UN Spacy (a treaty, BTW is the official, legal end to a war, so WW2 officially ended in 1990 for those placing bets :p), although it's alluded to in Macross 2.

So here are at least a few choices:

1) Bodolzaa's death.

2) Scattering of Zentradi forces that came moments later

3) Surrender of Remaining Zentradi forces not loyal to Britai

4) Peace treaty with Zentradi (apocryphal)

5) Kamujin's suicide run ending last vestige of original Zentradi military resistance

6) Britai accepts C-in-C post as head of UN Spacy.

I'd actually say Space War One ended with Kamujin's death. IMHO, Kamujin and his men were the last remaining organized Zentradi resistance that staged open battles with the UN Spacy under the banner of the old Zentradi. (The later rebels were acting out aggression that had been programmed into them over the millennia, but were not actively trying to revive the Zentradi presence as Kamujin seemed to be doing.) But usually, it's tough to decide when a war actually ends. Look at WW2 in Europe:

There are at least nine points that could lay a claim to being the end of WW2:

1) German surrender of Berlin May 7, 1945

2) German surrender of most forces, May 8, 1945 (VE Day)

3) Total German surrender of entire armed forces, May 12 (or thereabouts) 1945

4) Dissolution of Nazi government at Flensburg, late May, 1945

5) Beginning of occupation, May/June 1945

6) Supression of "Werewolf" guerillas, June/August 1945

7) Foundation of independent German states (BDR and DDR), 1949

8) Unification of Germany, 1989

9) Official signing of peace treaty between Germany and Allies, 1990

Any of these events could be, more or less, the end of WW2 in Europe, each with their own defenders and detractors. The same with Space War One. We don't see a signing of a peace treaty between the Zentradi and the UN Spacy (a treaty, BTW is the official, legal end to a war, so WW2 officially ended in 1990 for those placing bets :p), although it's alluded to in Macross 2.

So here are at least a few choices:

1) Bodolzaa's death.

2) Scattering of Zentradi forces that came moments later

3) Surrender of Remaining Zentradi forces not loyal to Britai

4) Peace treaty with Zentradi (apocryphal)

5) Kamujin's suicide run ending last vestige of original Zentradi military resistance

6) Britai accepts C-in-C post as head of UN Spacy.

Well... Quamzins attack wasn't exactly a war. It was a simple battle that ended with the death of the last "Crazy" Zentradi. The war enede effectively when Bodolza died. Want proof? If Quamzin was really that significant.... his death would have been part of the SW1 movie. :)

When did Space War I end, was it when Bodolza was defeated or when Britai sided with the Macross?

Err... when Bodolza died. As Britais siding with the SDF1 didn't really stop the war. :)

Well ok technicaly when did the war end.

Now thats a tough one. You could say it was when Bodolza was defeated, or you could say it was when Quamzin rammed the SDF1. Honestly.... Bodolzas defeat is more of a clear cut ending of SW1, while Quamzin was the clear cut ending for the after war revolts. :)

Depends on if you mean the TV series or the movie.

It's pretty clear-cut and dry in DYRL. The armistice was signed following the death of Gorg Bodolza. (probably early 2012)

The TV series is a little more open to interpretation (no exact date was given IIRC), but I would think the war would be "OFFICIALLY" over, again, after Bodolza's death. At that point, Humans and Zentraedi were living together in a state of openly declared peace. Only rebel forces remained to fight later. Since it wasn't any kind of organized resistance (on a grand scale), I would say those were simply post-war skirmishes

Hello, this is my first post on any Macross related forum.

I've been a fan of Robotech since my younger years. Recently I purchased the Robotech/Macross Saga DVD set. Now that I've discovered Robotech is the rewritten/cut version of Macross I can't help wondering what I've missed out on the original storyline and character developement.

Can somebody tell me what scenes they've left out and rewritten in Robotech?

Hello, this is my first post on any Macross related forum.

I've been a fan of Robotech since my younger years. Recently I purchased the Robotech/Macross Saga DVD set. Now that I've discovered Robotech is the rewritten/cut version of Macross I can't help wondering what I've missed out on the original storyline and character developement.

Can somebody tell me what scenes they've left out and rewritten in Robotech?

Try this link.

http://protoculture.lebhead.com/

Thank you for the reply. It cleared up a lot for me. I'm happy that the bridge bunnnies and Cpt. Gloval didn't die in the final episode of Macross!

I'll be damned... :huh:

that's what I was thinking when I first got a clear story of RT: "The Macross Saga" ;)

What exactly is Overtechnology? What does it do? Did it get dubbed as 'Robotechnology' in the translation to Robotech?

More or less, yes. Read up on some of the links provided earlier in this thread for more specifics as to the differences between the two series, and some of the specifics in Macross.