Newbie Questions on Macross

Sorry, I'm still confused. We see several different Valkyries in DYRL (specifically, 1A,1J,1S,VE, and VT). Are they all 1X's (or at least the armed ones)?

This (generally good site) implies that a 1X only comes with a 1A head:

http://www.mahq.net/mecha/macross/vf-x/vf-1x-plus.htm

If so, what are the 1S's and 1J's in DYRL? Antiques used for the movie? 1X's with makeup? CGI effects?

This (seemingly good site) suggests that 1X's can have any head:

http://www.steelfalcon.com/Macross/vf1xplus.shtml

If so, how do you designate a 1X with a 1S head vs. one with a 1A head?

Okay, the VF-1X was an upgrade provided to all remainging VF-1's years down the line in order to increase their longevity. VF-4's, VF-5000's, and VF-11's were in use and the VF-1's that were left, mostly on frontier planets and such had these upgraded VF-1X's, with new engines and avionics, and such. Kind of like how we keep upgrading the internals of the B-52. They did not produce new VF-1's, but they went ahead and maintained what ones were left for what it was worth. Millia's classic VF-1J in Macross 7 would technically have been classified as an X as well because it too would have recieved the engines and other upgrade packages.

I always thought the VF-1 Battroid that Isamu hits with paint balls in Macross Plus was meant to be the VF-1B.

I could have sworn it was a 1J the paint balls hit. I need to watch M+ again.

Edited by Anubis

I think you're right. I just saw that sequence a few days ago, and it looked like a 1J with Hikaru's colors.

I could have sworn it was a 1J the paint balls hit.  I need to watch M+ again.

Looked like a J to me with a blue version of Hikaru's paint job.

That's what I thought it was, too. Kind of greyish with a blue stripe.

i just watched my copy of Mac + twice,... in my copy it is red. :blink: is there more than one version of mac +??

i just watched my copy of Mac + twice,... in my copy it is red. :blink: is there more than one version of mac +??

I haven't looked again yet. It was during the competition scenes, Isamu and Guld were blasting targets with the paint balls. A N-ger (I think), popped up holding a VF-1J hostage, and Isamu blasted both of them. That's the one I'm talking about.

I can sleep easy now, thanks Abombz!! for taking time to get the screen cap.

They were custom jobs featured in some of the hobby magazines. They should be in the magazine archives on this site.

That's it? Hmm... not as interesting of an answer as I had hoped. :(

Most of the customs related to Macross come from magazines. Macross's producers can't really spend a whole lot of money on custom paint jobs. If they did, they'd have a whole bunch of angry animators. Imagine the eye strain and errors if in every scene, the valks were all the colors of the rainbow. :)

Did the VF-1X upgrade included smaller hands as part of the material and engine upgrades...perhaps the older ones always jammed during operations.

The VF-1 always had the smaller hands ( I assume you mean the utility arms/"magic arms" in the arm blocks).

If DYRL is a movie like Saving Private Ryan or Pearl Harbour then who played Hayao and Roy ?

CGI animation :lol:

Nah. They were clones of the originals.

Nope, it was Lupin III and Jigen...they're really good masters of disguise :p

This has been bugging me for awhile...

Does the UN Spacy have any ships (Aside from the SDF-1 and the New Macross-class) that can go head to head with Zentran or Meltran battleship? It seems like they just totaly rely on carriers. Granted that's how things work in the real world, but the real world dosen't have ships with massive energy cannons.

Does the UN Spacy have any ships (Aside from the SDF-1 and the New Macross-class) that can go head to head with Zentran or Meltran battleship? It seems like they just totaly rely on carriers. Granted that's how things work in the real world, but the real world dosen't have ships with massive energy cannons.

The have the Bolognese Stealth Frigates, Neo Nupetiet-Vergnitzs bis battleships, Guantánamo Stealth Carriers, and probably more we don't know about.

http://www.anime.net/macross/mecha/index.html

The have the Bolognese Stealth Frigates, Neo Nupetiet-Vergnitzs bis battleships, Guantánamo Stealth Carriers, and probably more we don't know about.

Well aside from the Neo NV (I meant the non-Zentraedi ships, sorry if I didn't clarify) can those ships slug it out with a Zentraedi or Varuta ship. I mean a launching missiles at each other at fireing off broadsides kind of thing.

Well aside from the Neo NV (I meant the non-Zentraedi ships, sorry if I didn't clarify) can those ships slug it out with a Zentraedi or Varuta ship. I mean a launching missiles at each other at fireing off broadsides kind of thing.

Don't know because we've never seen it as the center of attention. :) I doubt waiting till they see the whites of each other's eyes is what they do anymore...

Did the VF-1X upgrade included smaller hands as part of the material and engine upgrades...perhaps the older ones always jammed during operations.

Better animation.... more accurate VFs. :)

The hands were always small... but due to low budget, the bigger rounder hands had to be used because they were easier to animate.

Quick question.

Is there a list where I can find MOST of the Easter Egg's in DYRL (i.e. animator in-jokes). Such as the HORY FROATING head sitting next to Minmay or the King of Beers micromissile?

:(

Is there a list where I can find MOST of the Easter Egg's in DYRL (i.e. animator in-jokes). Such as the HORY FROATING head sitting next to Minmay or the King of Beers micromissile?

Not one that is readily avaliable.

Just a question on the number allocations of some of the pilots in Macross DYRL?.

Hikaru in his VF-1A was originally 011.

Max in his VF-1A was 013.

Later in the movie, Hikaru was allocated the new VF-1S with the number 001. When Max was allocated his VF-1S was he still 013?

Just a question on the number allocations of some of the pilots in Macross DYRL?.

Hikaru in his VF-1A was originally 011.

Max in his VF-1A was 013.

Later in the movie, Hikaru was allocated the new VF-1S with the number 001. When Max was allocated his VF-1S was he still 013?

I would think not. The leader of the squadron gets the oh so shinny 001 on their wings.... so if Max was Skull leader, even if for 1 day.... he had 001 on his fighter.