music

wyaxyz

I saw Weezer when they were the opening band for Lush... I was blown away, I don't think I've missed their show once in L.A. since. That's when Lush went or tried to go mainstream and disappeared.

I was at that show downtown LA Glam Slam. Remember the power went out during Lush's second song and they had to reschedule for the next day with "That Dog" opening. That was when Weezer were nobodies and I wish it would have stayed that way. If it wasn't for the Happy Day's video idea they would have most likely have disappeared. Lush didn't disappear they disbanded due to the accidental death of their drummer.

Now I know why you look so familiar to me EXO, you must have been in one of the music circle clicks that went to all the Shoegaze and Manchester shows back in the day. Did you know a guy named Brian who was dating somebody named Dianne?

Edited by Save

I was at that show downtown LA Glam Slam. Remember the power went out during Lush's second song and they had to reschedule for the next day with "That Dog" opening. That was when Weezer were nobodies and I wish it would have stayed that way. If it wasn't for the Happy Day's video idea they would have most likely have disappeared. Lush didn't disappear they disbanded due to the accidental death of their drummer.

Now I know why you look so familiar to me EXO, you must have been in one of the music circle clicks that went to all the Shoegaze and Manchester shows back in the day. Did you know a guy named Brian who was dating somebody named Dianne?

Cripes, I was at that show, too... That first night sucked, sitting on the floor and waiting for the power to come back on. I remember Miki on the second night telling everyone to rip some of the bas-relief figures off the columns, because the club sucked so much.

And I was a HUGE fan of that dog. Good band... I still see Petra and Rachel when they play, but I lost touch with Anna and Tony...

If you're into Ozzy Osbourne, he hosted Headbanger's Ball this morning at 2:00 C.D.T.. All it was was a bunch of his videos, and he was hawking his new album Scream.

I hope Zack Wilde was able to add his licks to the record. He may not be a Randy Rhodes, but he's an excellent guitar player nonetheless.

Lush didn't disappear they disbanded due to the accidental death of their drummer.

Well, if we are going to nitpick, Chris Aclands death was not an "accident".

Taksraven

Edited by taksraven

If you're into Ozzy Osbourne, he hosted Headbanger's Ball this morning at 2:00 C.D.T.. All it was was a bunch of his videos, and he was hawking his new album Scream.

I hope Zack Wilde was able to add his licks to the record. He may not be a Randy Rhodes, but he's an excellent guitar player nonetheless.

Oh, you are so behind the news. Ozzy fired Zakk Wylde last year because he felt Zakk's guitar riffs sounded too much like Black Label Society (Zakk's band) and it conflicted with Ozzy's music style. Oh, and Zakk was the last to know that Ozzy fired him.

The guitar sections of Scream were recorded by Gus G. (of Firewind).

Wanzer Wanzerfan

He had to be a Wanzerfan

Wanzer Wanzerfan

Don't ever be a Wanzer...

Edited by areaseven

Oh, you are so behind the news. Ozzy fired Zakk Wylde last year because he felt Zakk's guitar riffs sounded too much like Black Label Society (Zakk's band) and it conflicted with Ozzy's music style. Oh, and Zakk was the last to know that Ozzy fired him.

The guitar sections of Scream were recorded by Gus G. (of Firewind).

Too bad, I liked Zakk's work on No Rest for the Wicked.

As for your little mantra, areaseven: cute, real cute :p .

The reason why I didn't know this little bit of news about Ozzy is that I just about stopped caring about him around halfway through "The Osbounes". He didn't have Gene's, how do I say it, charisma and pure arrogance in doing his reality show. Probably the reason why his show failed, and why "Gene Simmons: Family Jewels" is doing so well (besides, Nick and Sophie are more interesting than Jack and Kelly; probably because they're sober).

Edited by Wanzerfan

You want some Rush?

"Limelight"

"Early Distant Warning" (#1 in my book)

"Tom Sawyer"

"Fly by Night"

"Subdivisions" (close #2)

"Free Will"

"Spirit of Radio" (good song; not one of my favorites, though)

"New World Man"

"Closer to the Heart"

Edited by Wanzerfan

Anybody who doesn't know where these came from should have his head examined.

Blue Oyster Cult "Veteran of the Psychic Wars"

Grand Funk Railroad "Queen Bee"

Cheap Trick "Reach Out"

Black Sabbath (Heaven and Hell) "The Mob Rules"

Journey "Open Arms"

And this song describes one segment of the movie (even though it's not in the movie):

Blue Oyster Cult: "Vengence/The Pact"

Hard to beleve Wierd All has been around for 26 years.

Not that hard, since the first Artist he parodied was Michael Jackson. At least he recieved permission from the artists to do them (I think the only reason why Coolio says he refused to give permission was to keep his street cred; I suspect that he secretly gave "Weird" Al permission to parody "Gansta's Paradise"). Edited by Wanzerfan

Hard to beleve Wierd All has been around for 26 years.

Weird Al's cover of George Harrisons "I got my mind set on you" is one of the best parodies ever.

Here's a few songs that'll kill your lawn.

Motorhead

"Born to Raise Hell"

"Ace of Spades"

"The Game" (it's good that Motorhead that does Triple H's theme music; Lemmy has a very recognizable voice)

"Killed by Death" (I love rocking to this one while driving in the video game "Scarface: The World is Yours")

Edited by Wanzerfan

I wonder how many of you have heard The Call?

ManOwaR

"Metal Warriors (Brothers of Metal Part One)"

"Defender" (They actually got Orsen Wells to appear on this one)

"Spirit Horse of the Cherokee"

"Master of the Wind"

"Fighting the World"

"Carry On"

"Holy War"

"Black Wind, Fire, and Steel"

Edited by Wanzerfan

Anybody who doesn't know where these came from should have his head examined.

Blue Oyster Cult "Veteran of the Psychic Wars"

Grand Funk Railroad "Queen Bee"

Cheap Trick "Reach Out"

Black Sabbath (Heaven and Hell) "The Mob Rules"

Journey "Open Arms"

And this song describes one segment of the movie (even though it's not in the movie):

Blue Oyster Cult: "Vengence/The Pact"

I have no idea what you're talking about nor do I give a damn.

I have no idea what you're talking about nor do I give a damn.

I see you haven't seen the movie "Heavy Metal". The music is from that film.

areaseven: Do you think he can hold a candle to "Dimebag" Darryl Abbot? :p

Edited by Wanzerfan

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Okay, so I had to come in here and see if anyone's mentioned anything about BT's new album "These Hopeful Machines" yet. I searched the forum for it, but didn't see anything, so I wanted to bring this album to your attention.

Normally, I listen to hard rock and metal, etc... but I stumbled across this song and had to check out the rest of the songs on this album.

BT - Suddenly

I loved BT's work in The Fast and the Furious soundtrack, but never really followed him. As soon as I get some extra spending cash, I'm definitely buying this album.

Interestingly enough, I started looking into trance and electronica after getting hooked to "Information High" from Macross Plus. Totally worth it, imo...

I haven't paid much attention to Touhou until a little while ago. But since I've been listening to the original tunes, remixes, and arrangements, all I have to say is that the games have some really good music.

Some notable arrangements:

Phantom Ensemble arranged by UI-70

(not part of any album or release, but this guy is good.)

And some recommendations from my little brother:

Edited by shiroikaze