music

wyaxyz

You know, for a 39-year-old, you're not so bright when it comes to making conversations, as everything you post comes out the other way. I don't know if you're supposed to have some sense of humor, but you should already know by now that nobody likes the way you post here. Why are you even here if you don't like Macross at all? I mean, judging by your previous posts, you seem to be a RT fan trolling around.

Tis the problem with the internet.

And it looks like you're also banned on RT.com

From what I understand that's not too hard to achieve.

Rather old news, but a couple of months ago, DragonForce parted ways with lead vocalist ZP Theart. Now they're holding auditions for a new frontman. Would-be applicants are to go to DragonForce.com/audition and download a sample audio track. Then, they should film themselves singing the song and post the video on YouTube.

Yes, we've seen this before. Two years ago, Arnel Pineda became Journey's new lead vocalist after guitarist Neal Schon saw a video of Pineda doing Journey songs with his cover band. Boston fan Tommy DeCarlo posted videos of himself singing the band's songs on MySpace before founder Tom Scholz recruited him for an upcoming tour.

All I have to say to DragonForce is... good luck.

To promote his upcoming album Scream, Ozzy Osbourne decided to scare off people at Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum in New York by posing as, well, himself. Given his current appearance, how can people tell the difference?

Its easy, his wax model appears to be lifelike.....

Taksraven

You can never go wrong with Monty Python.

MegadetH

"Symphony of Destruction"

"Captive Honor"

"A Tout le Monde"

"Wake Up Dead"

"Blood of Heroes"

"Countdown to Extinction"

"Ashes in My Mouth"

"I'll Be There for You"

"The Arena"

"Crush 'Em"

"Peace Sells"

"I Ain't Superstitious"

"Anarchy in the U.K."

"Train of Consequences"

"Bad Omen/Black Friday"

Anyone on here listen to Shoegaze/Nugaze/Dream pop? IE bands like Slowdive, My Bloody Valentine, Chapterhouse, Cocteau Twins, etc. Lately I've been listening to Airiel, an awesome indie/nugaze band from Chicago. So yeah, any shoegazers?

LUSH!!!! Yeah baby.....!!!!!

Taksraven

RIDE!!!!! best band ever Adorable is good too.

Just saw Chapterhouse play Tokyo a month back. Airiel have a song called Sharron Apple if I remember correctly.

Edited by Save

'Shoegazers' refers to British Indie bands who would stand still on stage looking down rather than having allot of audience interaction...

Yeah, definately Ride. Saw them in Sydney back in '92, still one of the best shows I've seen, and I've seen allot. Still have 'Nowhere' and 'Going Blank Again' on my iPod. Cocteau Twins were more hit and miss but 'Treasure' is fantastic.

I was gonna say Ride too, "Vapour Trails" is one of my favorite songs. I remember the Ride/Lush Tour back in the day. Also remember Catherine Wheel, the aforementioned My Bloody Valentine and Chapterhouse. I'm a big fan of Silversun Pickups, they're pretty local to me but I know they get a good deal of airplay. I'll try to look for some Airiel. I think my favorite period in music was the Shoegazers/Mancunian days.

I gaze at my shoes frequently. My Bloody Valentine and Slowdive are my favorite older bands, while Asobi Seksu is easily my favorite "NuGaze" band. I tried to maintain a shoegaze band a few years ago but it's not an easy thing to do when you're the only person in the band that's into it. :p

Anyone on here listen to Shoegaze/Nugaze/Dream pop? IE bands like Slowdive, My Bloody Valentine, Chapterhouse, Cocteau Twins, etc. Lately I've been listening to Airiel, an awesome indie/nugaze band from Chicago. So yeah, any shoegazers?

Oh hell yeah...I saw My Bloody Valentine in concert back in 1992, and it blew me away. I also saw Lush about four or five times. Had a chance to see Ride, but I missed it.

I was totally into pretty much everything released by 4AD at that point...Cocteau Twins, Dead Can Dance, His Name Is Alive, Pale Saints, Ultra Vivid Scene...I don't like all of it as much now as I used to, but there's still some damn good stuff.

No one beats the Stone Roses, though. :)

I was totally into pretty much everything released by 4AD at that point...Cocteau Twins, Dead Can Dance, His Name Is Alive, Pale Saints, Ultra Vivid Scene...I don't like all of it as much now as I used to, but there's still some damn good stuff.

Did you ever get to see Dead Can Dance live? I saw them in 1995 (or thereabouts) and it still stands as one of the most amazing live performances I've ever seen. They really knew how to create a full and engaging atmosphere with live sounds. I wasn't even that big of a fan but the show still knocked me down.

Did you ever get to see Dead Can Dance live? I saw them in 1995 (or thereabouts) and it still stands as one of the most amazing live performances I've ever seen. They really knew how to create a full and engaging atmosphere with live sounds. I wasn't even that big of a fan but the show still knocked me down.

Yeah, I saw them in '92 or '93 at UCLA's Royce Hall...pretty much the same set list that ended up as Toward the Within. And yes, it was a stunning show.

I also saw both Brendan Perry and Lisa Gerrard solo in '94 at 4AD's "All Virgos Are Mad" festival...in fact, I almost knocked Lisa Gerrard over turning a corner inside McCabe's...she glared at me something fierce...

Edited by Gubaba

Here's a sneak preview of Iron Maiden's upcoming album The Final Frontier:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss46iEaBc2g

You can never go wrong with Iron Maiden. One of the last concerts I went to was to see The Cult at Club Nokia, downtown L.A. If you haven't listened to them before, and you like Hard Rock w/ hints of metal, that's one helluva band to listen to. They throw probably one of the grittiest, guitar thrashing, high energy concerts out there. Right now, I'm listening to the Cult, and the Used, another good band with a great vocalist.

'Shoegazers' refers to British Indie bands who would stand still on stage looking down rather than having allot of audience interaction...

The alternate view of the "shoegazing" title was that they were always looking down to control the effects pedals for their guitars properly.

Both definitions are probably right to some extent.

Taksraven

Whoa! Didn't expect that big a tally :) Most guys around where I live are metalheads (not that there's anything wrong with metal...)

I like lush, I have a friend named Rupert & I frequently refer to him as "the bear." lol anyway, I agree that Cocteau Twins is hit or miss. Good to see some people know Airiel, too (and yes, they do have a song called Sharron Apple. I suppose at least one of their members is a Macross fan, perhaps?)

I also just bought an Ambulance LTD album yesterday. Anyone here heard of em?

I saw Weezer when they were the opening band for Lush... I was blown away, I don't think I've missed their show once in L.A. since. That's when Lush went or tried to go mainstream and disappeared.

I saw Weezer when they were the opening band for Lush... I was blown away, I don't think I've missed their show once in L.A. since. That's when Lush went or tried to go mainstream and disappeared.

Huh...we must have been at some of the same shows... I was never good friends with Weezer, but we had mutual friends, so I talked to them a bunch of times. Matt Sharp gave me a promo copy of the blue album a couple of weeks before it came out, but the best was when I got a backstage pass to their first show at the Universal Amphitheater. Hanging out with a few friends, talking to Rodney Bingenheimer (with a blonde on each arm) and Gene Simmons was a truly surreal experience.

Huh...we must have been at some of the same shows... I was never good friends with Weezer, but we had mutual friends, so I talked to them a bunch of times. Matt Sharp gave me a promo copy of the blue album a couple of weeks before it came out, but the best was when I got a backstage pass to their first show at the Universal Amphitheater. Hanging out with a few friends, talking to Rodney Bingenheimer (with a blonde on each arm) and Gene Simmons was a truly surreal experience.

Hanging out with bands is freakin' awesome. A number of years ago, my old band opened up for the Spin Doctors at the Key Club. Before we went on stage, we hung out with them and all their groupies on their tour bus. Then, we went on, did our set. After we had a crew pack our stuff up (never had that done before) and getting compiments from the band, they went on, the we partied with them more afterward. Gun times, indeed.

Never really had the opportunity to party with a band. Could have gone backstage to meet Regurgitator once, but wasn't really interested.

I like to have my own "party" in the moshpit...

Taksraven

Really? I saw them in downtown L.A. when Prince use to own that club... forgot what it was called, it was either called Club Glam or the Glam Slam. It was right by Figueroa. Then I saw them at the parking lot of Tower Records when it used to be on the Sunset Strip.

I got to hang out with Blur once after their show at the Palladium. I was out in the parking lot with a few friends when these guys came out to us and starting talking crap about Blur. I asked them what they were doing at the show and they said that their friends opened for them. So they gave me and my girl their backstage passes becaue they thought blur were a bunch of "pretentious fags". So we went in to the after party. It turned out the guys that were outside that gave us passes was the band Rancid... lol.

Really? I saw them in downtown L.A. when Prince use to own that club... forgot what it was called, it was either called Club Glam or the Glam Slam. It was right by Figueroa. Then I saw them at the parking lot of Tower Records when it used to be on the Sunset Strip.

I got to hang out with Blur once after their show at the Palladium. I was out in the parking lot with a few friends when these guys came out to us and starting talking crap about Blur. I asked them what they were doing at the show and they said that their friends opened for them. So they gave me and my girl their backstage passes becaue they thought blur were a bunch of "pretentious fags". So we went in to the after party. It turned out the guys that were outside that gave us passes was the band Rancid... lol.

You can't end the story there. In your opinion was Blur "pretentious fags"? I saw them at the Metro in about 95 or 96. They were absolutely out of their mind on drugs. Good show though.

Taksraven