music

wyaxyz

I'm just curious as to what evertone here listens to? i myself listen to a wide range of music. jazz, various different styles of electronica, drum and bass, dub, hip hop, experimental...hey the list goes on!! :D

lately i have been listening to the splinter 3 soundtrack from amon tobin....anyone into his style of music or drum and bass should seriously check this cd out!! i also can't wait to get this game......

i listen to aton of things mainly alternative and rock, mostly the older stuff half the new groups suck in my view, anything Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, Led Zepplin and Slayer. I also i listen to some lighter rock music Sarah Mclachlan the Beatles, Fleetwood Mac, and video game soundtracks, Ancient Ys Vanished (RPG from Falcom) is still my favorite and some others Castlevania, etc.

chris

I like to listen to some R&B, some rap, some Electronica/Tech., but mostly rock, here are some of the bands that i like to listen to:

1. Oasis

2. Mars Volta

3. Kasabian

I like to listen to some R&B, some rap, some Electronica/Tech., but mostly rock, here are some of the bands that i like to listen to:

1. Oasis

2. Mars Volta

3. Kasabian

Oasis is great B))

Only the greatest band to ever walk the earth:

It's all about the game, and how you play it

It's all about control, and if you can take it

It's all about debt, and if you can pay it

It's all about pain, and who's gonna make it.

I am the game, you don't want to play me

I am control, no way you can shake me

I am your debt, no way you can pay me

I am your pain, and I know you can take me.

Play the game, you'll never be the same, you're gonna change your name, you're gonna die in flames...

Edited by areaseven

Only the greatest band to ever walk the earth:

It's all about the game, and how you play it

It's all about control, and if you can take it

It's all about debt, and if you can pay it

It's all about pain, and who's gonna make it.

I am the game, you don't want to play me

I am control, no way you can shake me

I am your debt, no way you can pay me

I am your pain, and I know you can take me.

Play the game, you'll never be the same, you're gonna change your name, you're gonna die in flames...

Stoneface dog, swirling fog, gates open on the dark dark night

Standing stone, skull and bone, dead witness to an unseen fight

Beat the drum, beat the drum, beat forever on the endless march

Stricken dumb, cut and run, someone is screaming and the sky is dark

Sword and shield, bone and steel, rictus grin

Deaf forever to the battles din

March or croak, flame and smoke, burn forever in eternal pain

Charge and fall, bugle call, bone splinter in the driving rain

Horses scream, Viking dream, drowned heroes in a lake of blood

Armoured fist, severed wrist, broken spears in a sea of mud

Mother earth, mother earth enfold you in her cold embrace

Sinking down, killing ground, worm crawling on your cold white face

Win or lose, nought to choose, all men are equal when their memory fades

No one knows, friends or foes, if Valhalla lies beyond the grave

:D

I think I can find something I like in every genre of music but I love old school metal and hardcore punk. I think I own almost every record on the Combat label. My friends all think I'm weird cause everything I have is on vinyl. I don't own a single music CD.

A bit of everything....Some I.C.P., Tech-9, Ministry, NIN, KMFDM, Orbital, Juno Reactor, Beastie Boys, Led Zepplin, Misfits, Green Jello, Mushroomhead, Dead Milkmen, Mindless Self Indulgance, Tub Ring, Faith no More, the Pimps, Slipknot, Beta Band, older Dwight Yokum, Jonny Cash, Talking Heads, older U2, some Greatfull Dead, Tom Watts, Rob Zombie, Anthrax, Hendrix, etc...

Hey areaseven:

My all-time favorites:

Rammstein

May I suggest KMFDM? they are a largely simular industrial/metal type group also from Germany, but picked up on the old Wax Trax label that was home to Ministry, Thrill Kill, NIN, etc...thier NIHIL and XTORT albums are a pretty good starter...

Edited by MSW

Bright Eyes, Shins, Cake, The Unicorns, Elliot Smith, The Velvet Teen, Tiger Army, Beatles, Nirvana, Janis Joplin, Weezer and on and on and on....

Please, no hip-hop, pop or gangsta rap.

In college,I used to put Flashback 2012 on my computer while I was studying. :lol:

All time favoraite band, without question, doubt or a second thought: Tool

Damn close second would be Alice in Chains

I am a metal head with some bizzaro leanings.

Lately I am listening to a lot of Mastodon, High on Fire, Isis, The Melvins, Alexisonfire, Testament, Metallica, Moby, Chemical Brothers, Faith No More, Converge, Nine Ince Nails, Nirvana, Soundgarden, Prong, Slayer, Brujeria, Therapy?, Rage Against the Machine, older Prodigy records.

So metal and techno, I am a mess :p

Good stuff Keats.

Highlights from my ridiculously obsessive music collection -

Modern/College Rock:

Uncle Tupelo, Wilco, Son Volt, Elliott Smith, Pernice Brothers, Gomez, Ryan Adams, White Stripes, Beck, Flaming Lips, Ben Harper, Seal, Chris Isaak, Hem, Death Cab for Cutie, the Shins, the Thrills, the Darkness, the Killers, Chemical Bros, Kings of Leon, Cake, Weezer, They Might Be Giants, Travis, Coldplay, Radiohead, Radiohead, and more Radiohead.

Classics:

Queen, Led Zeppelin, Beatles, Who, Mellencamp, Black Crowes, Pink Floyd, Hendrix, Van Morrison, Clapton, Elton John, Red Hot Chili Peppers, REM, CCR, GnR, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Soundgarden, Neil Young, CSN, NIN, U2, and anything by Paul Simon.

Eclectic:

John Coltrane (anything with McCoy Tyner on keys), Bela Feck, Strength in Numbers, Edgar Meyer, loads and loads of 70's and 80's one hit wonders, Hank Williams SENIOR, Johnny Cash, Some various Grateful Dead, Phish, and Widespread Panic that I enjoyed in college, tons of various techno/DJ stuff I've picked up in clubs after college, and the occasional masterful tune by Neil Diamond.

There are many, many, many things I'm leaving out. There is also a reason why I have 2000 CDs, 160 GB of music on my computer, and 39.5 of my 40 GB used on my 40GB iPod. :)

i might as well add some of what i like to listen to as well. :D

metal - slayer, godflesh, sepultura, soulfly, static x, korn, painkiller, praxis, fear factory...etc....

industrial - ministry, nin, skinny puppy, download, front line assembly, 1000 homo dj's, revolting cocks, dead voices on air...etc...

electronic, ambient - brian eno, aphex twin, autechre, coil, legion of green men, orb, mum, squarepusher, wevie stonder, team doyobi, etc...

dub, drum and bass, downtempo etc - scorn/mick harris, witchman, bill laswell, techno animal, amon tobin, metalheadz, muslimgauze, systemwide, dj spooky, etc..

hip hop - dj q bert, mix master mike, beastie boys, dilated peoples, blackalicious, rasco, peanut butter wolf, kool kieth, dj shadow, scratch perverts, dj vadim, dj cam, kid koala, dj krush, infesticons, etc....

.........and of course, my stuff........

i could have added more.....i listen to pretty much everything mentioned here and by everyone else...i just don't like country, opera, and about 90% of the crap you hear on the radio....

Edited by wyaxyz

Good to see some metal heads here. I thought I was the only one lol.

Some other bands I dig

Slayer

Testament

Static X

Machine Head

Hatebreed

Children of Bodom

Shadows Fall

Nevermore

Chimera

Sepultura(with Max)

SixFeetUnder

Black Label Society

OZZY

Black Sabbath

Mastodon

Van Halen(Roth era)

Actually I pretty much like anything unless its music written for stupid people... Like Country or Rap.

I have too many teeth and not enough engine blocks on my lawn to like country, and I don't wear enough ill-fitting clothes or idolize criminals enough to like rap.

Rock/Metal.

Anywhere from KISS to Iron Maiden to Pantera to Lamb of god etc.

I like Guar.

saddam a go go :D

yeah...gwar rocks!!

they were in toronto last year....missed them, but i did get to see skinny puppy!! :D possibly the best concert i've ever been too! by the way, that concert i went to will be on dvd later this year!

Actually I pretty much like anything unless its music written for stupid people... Like Country or Rap.

I have too many teeth and not enough engine blocks on my lawn to like country, and I don't wear enough ill-fitting clothes or idolize criminals enough to like rap.

I couldn't have said it any better myself :D

Rock/Metal.

I like Guar.

Its spelled GWAR lol

Yeah well, I am a huge fan.

Classical, Classic Rock, Some Rockin' Jazz, Boogie Woogie, House, Techno, Chicago Mix Style (esp. by Bad Boy Bill and Too Kool Kris), Soundtracks (only from good movies), Various anime music, some J-Pop... and some classic Hymns :p.

Rock/Metal.

I like Guar.

yeah...gwar rocks!!

they were in toronto last year....missed them, but i did get to see skinny puppy!! :D possibly the best concert i've ever been too! by the way, that concert i went to will be on dvd later this year!

Was it actually skinny puppy? Last time I went to a skinny puppy concert it was just one of the guys from SP and a few other dudes. Was not that great.

Let's look at me playlist.

(hed) p.e., 45 Grave, Alien Ant Farm, Christian Death, Electric Six, Gorillaz, Kittie, KMFDM, Megadeth, Nine Inch Nails, Sevendust, Snot, System of a Down, White Town.

lol white town sucks, I don't know why it's on my playlist..

Then I've got all sorts of OSTs from various animes / movies..

I listen to a lot of soundtracts. I like classical, and orchestrial/instrumental music. I also enjoy Apocalyptica, ES Posthumus and a lot of classic rock like Pink Floyd. I most listen to soundtracts though.

Edited by Mercurial Morpheus

80's Hardrock/Rock - Maiden, Vandenberg, Helloween, Queen, Van Halen, Kiss,

Manowar, Spinal Tap :p

Some early 80's Synth-pop like Alphaville, Depeche Mode, OMD

General stuff: Genesis/Phil Collins, The Darkness, Pet Shop Boys, Kim Wilde

Some newer stuff like - Funeral for a friend, Rammstein, Within Temptation

Add due to the many Animes I've seen - a number of OST's with some Jpop artists

Ayumi Hamasaki, Saeko Chiba, Kotoko

Not to mention I try and collect classic Game themes, like Metal Gear 1,

Megaman 1, Double Dragon II, Castlevania, Legend of Zelda

(It would have been easier to post my Winamp playlist though)

post-26-1111619602_thumb.jpg

Rock/Metal.

I like Guar.

yeah...gwar rocks!!

Was it actually skinny puppy? Last time I went to a skinny puppy concert it was just one of the guys from SP and a few other dudes. Was not that great.

GWAR does rock, at least the first two albums. An intresting fact about them is that it stipulates in thier contracts that the clubs they play at have to post thier bail when the get arrested for public indecency. :lol: The thing that sucks is that they've been banned from Richmond, the place where they started. :( Oderus whipped out the "Cuddlefish of Cthulu" on public acess TV. :lol: