DYRL - DVD Subtitle Upgrade

Hurin

• 1 month later...
  • 10 years later...

Sorry to necro this thread. But has anyone retimed these subtitles to the blu-ray release? I just ordered a (assumed legit) copy of the blu-ray standard edition form CDJapan. Was wondering if someone had already done the drudgery of retiming things and might have made the subtitle files available for remastering a subtitled blu-ray.

Or, dare I ask? Are there now better subtitles available beyond my meager efforts above? Has anyone improved upon them over the years? ;)

--H

Edited by Hurin

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/17/2018 at 11:00 AM, Hurin said:

Sorry to necro this thread. But has anyone retimed these subtitles to the blu-ray release? I just ordered a (assumed legit) copy of the blu-ray standard edition form CDJapan. Was wondering if someone had already done the drudgery of retiming things and might have made the subtitle files available for remastering a subtitled blu-ray.

Or, dare I ask? Are there now better subtitles available beyond my meager efforts above? Has anyone improved upon them over the years? ;)

--H

Hi, Hurin! Thanks for all the effort you put into the DVD subtitles. B))

The BD thread had some links/information to retimed subs, but they may be expired now. Still, it may be a good resource for information.

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, kajnrig said:

A bit of a tangent (and another necropost), but does a DVD/BD of the fabled English dub exist? Saw this in my Youtube recc's and was immediately whisked back to eight years old.

I don't think so... I believe the old Toho dub only ever made it from VHS to laserdisc officially. 

That said, you might be able to spin your own DVD/BD by searching old threads here on MW. ;)