Ugly 1/60 VF-1S Head Mod

AlphaHX

Wow, thanx for the compliments guys. :)

I did this mod for kicks. I didnt think you guys would actually want it recasted. I was actually two seconds away from considering to sell my 1/60 VF-1S just cuz I just got a 1/48 VF-1S... my first 1/48 too. :lol:

But I must admit, I'm starting to like it more now. I might keep it. ;)

Like I said before, if someone wants to find a recaster for this, I'll be more than willing to lend my head out. Just let me know. I'm still relatively new here compared to some of you guys here and most the casters I know are already doing their own thing.

Hey, did you use the "squashed" head to build up your new one? :huh:

Yeah, actually I did. You can tell that I did by looking at the odd antennas.

ooo... what kinda sandpaper do u use?? or do use one of those electric drill sanders??

I just used some 320 grain sandpaper that I think I bought at like... Sears a bunch of years ago. I do have a dremel but I didnt think it was necessary to use a electric sander on such a small head. I did use the dremel on my 19 battroid project tho. As for the VF-1S head, I just sanded it with plain sand paper. I just gotta find a higher grain sand paper and this head will be ready to go. :D

Oh yeah, if anyone wants more pictures of the fighter mode or any other mode, let me know. I actually have some free time! My finals are over today! Well, I have one more tomorrow but its a paper and I'm pretty much done. YAAAAAY!!! IM ALMOST FREEEEE!!! :lol:

Edited by AlphaHX

I actually have some free time! My finals are over today! Well, I have one more tomorrow but its a paper and I'm pretty much done. YAAAAAY!!! IM ALMOST FREEEEE!!! :lol:

haha.. nice!! me too!! i have an 8am final tommorow that i should be studying for but instead i'm on these forums....

GOOO FELLOW POOR COLLEGE COLLECTORS!! haha.... are there a lot here??? i was always curious to how old everyone is on these forums....

I actually have some free time! My finals are over today! Well, I have one more tomorrow but its a paper and I'm pretty much done. YAAAAAY!!! IM ALMOST FREEEEE!!! :lol:

haha.. nice!! me too!! i have an 8am final tommorow that i should be studying for but instead i'm on these forums....

GOOO FELLOW POOR COLLEGE COLLECTORS!! haha.... are there a lot here??? i was always curious to how old everyone is on these forums....

Hahah, I thought I was one of the youngest here till "promethuem5" came around. Hes gonna be 16 in April. :lol:

I'm 20... and employed. Its the only way I can fund my hobbies. :p

Anyways, heres a comparison shot of the fighters to give you an idea how much it more it sticks out...

post-4-1111546794_thumb.jpg

Brag while you can Alpha, brag while you can.... I'll just make sure to laugh at your funeral when you die four years before me :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hahahaha!!! :lol:

When I die at the age of like... 80 and youre 76... I doubt you'll be laughing. Hahahha... :lol:

I wasnt bragging. I was just... informing kiririth. :D;)

I've been asked a few times about recasting the VF-1S head as well as my 19. Yes... I'm actually surprised. :o

Truthfully, before I go off asking recasters, is there actually enuf interest for either my VF-1S head or my 19 for it to be recasted? I really doubt anyone will be willing to go thru the trouble of recasting either one if only 2 gets sold. :(

I just want to make sure theres an actual demand for these before I ask around. :unsure:

Edited by AlphaHX

Hey Alphahx you are a local OC guy right? I should introduce you to Rohby. He is a great guy and a skilled recaster.

Yeah, the address you gave for the MWcon is only 2 miles away from me. :D

I live literally next to UCI.

I'll PM you. :)

I've been asked a few times about recasting the VF-1S head as well as my 19. Yes... I'm actually surprised. :o

Truthfully, before I go off asking recasters, is there actually enuf interest for either my VF-1S head or my 19 for it to be recasted? I really doubt anyone will be willing to go thru the trouble of recasting either one if only 2 gets sold. :(

I just want to make sure theres an actual demand for these before I ask around. :unsure:

well why not start a new thread to see if theres interest?

depending on the cost, i'd be down to purhcase atleast 5 of them.

Yeah AlphaHX I'd be interested in a couple of those recast 1S heads if that can happen. That's quite an improvement. I was getting rid of my 1/60s, but I've waffled and would liek some improved heads for the ones I've kept.

I'll keep my eyes out for a recast interest head.

well why not start a new thread to see if theres interest? 

depending on the cost, i'd be down to purhcase atleast 5 of them.

I was thinking about that but before starting a new thread I wanted to just double check if it was even worth doing that. :unsure:

Great Job, AlphaX.

What other projects have you got in the works?

I'm still way overdo on the DVD covers that I said I was going to work on here in this thread:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...pic=13075&st=80

I'm also still working on wallpapers here and there in this thread:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...533;entry272382

As for toy/model related stuff. I'm still working on my posable Hase YF-19 Battroid kitbash. For my next toy mod, I want to fix the ugly connecters for the 1/60 legs. (where the blue circles are below)

It looks like it has a tumor... :blink:

Edited by AlphaHX

• 13 years later...
  • 3 months later...