Komillia Jenius pilot suit

Ryuji

You, sir, are awesome.

I can't wait to see the finished product.

That pic was one of the first Macross pics I found on the internet, though I had no clue whatsoever who it was or where it originated at the time.

It's still one of my favorites, as my avatar demonstrates.

Off-topic, but if you have a higher-res version kicking around, or know where I could find one... My copy's got a lot of JPEG artifacting in it.

Yes I found the same problem, So a month or two ago I cracked and decided to just get the low res one, double the resolution and manually fix it and add in the detail. Its not 100% (I need to do her hair a lot better) but I added a glow and made it into a destop.

Hi Res Komillia

If anyone wants the image on white or the original file then let me know, I will get around to redoing it so it looks 100% sometime soon.

Edited by Savant_Guarde

Yes I found the same problem,  So a month or two ago I cracked and decided to just get the low res one,  double the resolution and manually fix it and add in the detail.  Its not 100% (I need to do her hair a lot better)  but I added a glow and made it into a destop.

Hi Res Komillia

If anyone wants the image on white or the original file then let me know,  I will get around to redoing it so it looks 100%  sometime soon.

337248[/snapback]

*saves*

I would like the original, though.

I assume the purple background seen in the first pic of the thread is original.

Mine's the white background one, and seeing it with the purple explains the odd lighting on Komillia.

post-720-1129596904_thumb.jpg

hmm, I know this might come a little late in the game.. but her upper torso seems very small in proportion to her hips and pelivs in that last shot... maybe it's just the angle?

337510[/snapback]

It's the lack of shoulders and arms that is throwing you off.

337636[/snapback]

no. that's not it. but thanks for the trying. her torso is too long. from the bottom of her crotch to her waist doesn't match up with her waist to her neck.

hmm, I know this might come a little late in the game.. but her upper torso seems very small in proportion to her hips and pelivs in that last shot... maybe it's just the angle?

337510[/snapback]

It's the lack of shoulders and arms that is throwing you off.

337636[/snapback]

no. that's not it. but thanks for the trying. her torso is too long. from the bottom of her crotch to her waist doesn't match up with her waist to her neck.

338028[/snapback]

Actually I'm not. Without the shoulders in place your eyes focus on the visible back which is quite abit smaller then the shoulders width. And the bottom of the crotch to the waist never matchs up.

But this is silly because anime/manga heads are pretty large anyways..... ;)

Comparing with original Aina kit, Komillia became bigger ... :huh: (actually her legs are too long - I like long legs, but maybe this one is too long... :unsure: )

She is taller than Minmay :lol: (well, I think in the anime she is really taller...)

So,I thought the Aina's head was too small and tried to replace for a bigger one, but with hair, Aina's head look ok :) so I will keep this proportion.

post-2149-1130011328_thumb.jpg

post-2149-1130011397_thumb.jpg

post-2149-1130011498_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Ryuji,

You really should consider getting that figure cast in resin before final assembly and painting!

Work that amazing needs to be shared!

342526[/snapback]

I'm planning to produce myself this project, but first I have to finish the prototype B)) then I have to do a lot of tests with silicon rubber mold and cast resin. This will take some time,so the kit will be available only in the next year (maybe Jan / Feb 2006) B))

I still have no idea about how much the kit will cost , how many I have to produce... :unsure:

I'm planning to produce myself this project, but first I have to finish the prototype  B))  then I have to do a lot of tests with silicon rubber mold and cast resin. This will take some time,so the kit will be available only in the next year (maybe Jan / Feb 2006)  B))

I still have no idea about how much the kit will cost , how many I have to produce... :unsure:

342545[/snapback]

Bud as soon as you finish the prototype start taking orders, I'm sure you'll get more than a few responses. Here and on any anime figure painting message boards... :)

I, for one would definitely order one of these. The project is looking beautiful.

Perhaps a small note that I noticed,,, I don't know if you already plan to change the eye formation of the prototype, but the eyes look a lot bigger than in the picture. I know you already have the leg issue in thought, so I know you are gonna make one hell of a kit when done. Put me down for one if you plan to produce

:D

My extra two cents... the new face seems off enough that it no longer resembles Komillia. She's got a small mouth, smaller eyes, and more of a chin in that Miyamoto portrait, and her eyes tend to slant downwards for that sleepy and dreamy but not seductive look... these features really define Komillia for me. Her hair could also be cropped a bit more... and I think making those changes would add tremendously to her likeness. But great work.

Changed face - now she is starting to look like Komillia... B))

343923[/snapback]

She's lookin' hot, Ryuji. Outstanding work!

Edited by Penguin