Komillia Jenius pilot suit

Ryuji

i look forward to see this kit finished i am a huge fan of Macross 2036 for the PC engine so this is a very cool addition :)

Things are coming along very nicely Ryuji!

I remember having that picture of Komillia on my binder during my freshman year of High Schoo. Boy that was a long time ago. :lol:

I can't wait to see how this turns out.

B))B))B))B))

Not to be a nagging ninny, because you do great work, but isn't this more of a kitbash since you're using a pre-existing kit as your starting point?

Had to think about that a while (it's early , the gears are moving slowly).

At what point is the original kit(s) so bashed that the model crosses over into the realm of scratch build? By looking at the last picture, I'd say he crossed that line IMO. It basically comes down to semantics.

Regardless of what we call it, it is still looking really good.

Edited by Mule

In regards to the kit bashing vs. original. I have no doubt in my mind that he could do this all on his own. He definitely has the skills. But why waste time, money and the extra work when there is a kit he can use to save some time? I think that's the only reason why he used the kit, just to save time, material, and money. With a save on those 3, wouldn't you do the same instead of starting with a lump of nothing? I think it's great to be resourceful like that. And this will be so different I'm sure, that we can all agree that this is definitely original. :D

I like the reference pose more. The current pose with the arm around the waist makes her seem a little agitated. Just my opinion. Keep up the godly work.

It agree with the above said, Ryuji definitely has the skill. He can build it from scratch, and nothing wrong with calling this a scratch build.

Edited by macroadster

Whoa! Komillia got back! ;):lol:

Those legs are a site beefier than the original kit. The work looks great Ryuji!

It's really cool to watch your progress in these threads.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I wonder if this is how god works when he created woman??? ;)

It would explain the tale about Adam seeing a previous version of Eve being made in front of him and getting put off. "Man! All that sanding? How do you have the patience for that?"

Seriously, though, watching the work unfold is really impressive. I'm part-way through a similar-sized figure (not macross related) using the miniatures-sculpting approach out of epoxy putty, this approach starts to look more and more appealing... ;-)