An Anime Movie for a newbie

I highly reccomnd voice sof a distant star, here is the review i wrote for netflix

I will start off by saying that this movie is one of my top 5 of all time. I'm not an emotional guy but there are some movies with scenes so dramatic that you can't help but get a knot in your throat and shed a tear; this is one of those movies. Yes, there are aliens and mecha, but they are just a plot device and the focus isn't on them. It's a short story about the first of a generation of lovers to be seperated by space travel. The movie's soundtrack is also exceptional, particularly the theme song, "Through the Years and Far Away". I believe this film is very subjective because of the fact that it was made by one man, Without a budget, deadlines, higher-ups to please, he was free to express his vision as he saw it, and the people who understand and relate to it are the ones who appreciate it. A high budget blockbuster it is not, a simple story in a beautiful package it is.

Voice of a Distant Star is definitely one of the best anime ever IMHO :)

You can't call yourself an anime fan if you haven't at least seen it... :p