1/72 Resin Monster Model!

AlphaHX

I'm making a new thread for mslz22 (Mike) just to draw more attention. After some discussion in this thread, Mike has considered to scratchbuilt a 1/72 Monster that has more accurate dimensions, more detail, and on top of it all CHEAPER than the Patemori Soba 1/72 Destroid Monster that already exists.

My goal would be to get it around $275.00 + shipping, for that i think i would need 25 people, again no prepay, just a nod that 25 people would want a kit. for that price i would need to get it down to about 6lbs of resin, which may be possible.

So as Mike said, this is what we need...

At least 25 people to be interested for him to start on this kit.

Price: $240 (Kit) + $10 (Decals) + Shipping

But be warned that ~6lbs of resin isnt exactly super cheap to be shipped.

Even tho we had an interested count in the other thread, I'm going to start an actual list on this one.

So those who were interested please post again in this thread so I can add you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total Kits : 48

Current List:

AlphaHX

Myersjessee

jorawar_b (2)

Grayson72

Robert S

HWR MKII

THOR

Berttt

azrhino

007-vf1

Viceland

ChristopherB

Ranger565

onezero

xstoys

hirohawa

flash

Asthexiancal

Gabe Q

Jasonc

goldenboy_forever

RT junkie

shdwfx2000

jipe

Kylwell

UNSpacy

jadefalconguard

Dwindling Gravitas

nightmareB4macross

Sdf-1

Ghadrack

jardann

neptunesurvey

JoLe727

Neova

Mr Jones

cool8or

bryan_f_davis@yahoo.com

Valk009

specr0101

jipe

guncross2

kyatsu

thesheep

vaporvr6

SILVERDRAGON

kyatsu

Edited by AlphaHX

What is the ETA for this kit? If it is a few months off I would be interested.

Thanks

I'm not Mike so I wouldnt know but this kit hasnt even seen the light of day on paper yet so I can expect you have some time before this kit comes around. Most of the plans and ideas are still being planned in Mike's daydreams. :p;)

So I think its a safe bet that this kit is going to be a while before you need to start coughing out money. Let me know if you want to be added to the list.

This thread is more like a half official count to make sure there is even enough interest for Mike to even start on a 1/72 Monster. Like I said in the first thread, we need a least 25 people to be commited to this before this project can even take off the ground.

Mike, if you see this thread, please shed some light on the ETA. Thanx. :)

My target would be mid to late spring, figure May or so, one other thing that i did not mention in the other thread was that i plan on this kit having a very detailed engine compartment.....

thanks for starting the thread ALPHAHX

mike

You had me at hello.

Hahah... :lol:

My target would be mid to late spring, figure May or so, one other thing that i did not mention in the other thread was that i plan on this kit having a very detailed engine compartment.....

thanks for starting the thread ALPHAHX

mike

Wow, that was actually sooner than I expected. Good news if this project takes off. :)

No prob Mike. Glad I can help. :D

Andrew

PS: Let me know if you have any annoucements u would like to make or what not to be in the first post. Just let me know and I'll edit whatever you want.

...one other thing that i did not mention in the other thread was that i plan on this kit having a very detailed engine compartment.....

Ooo... you mean something like this? :ph34r:

Yep, in this scale i can get alot more detail in than that, I am also toying with the idea of some other optional open panels, like the 1/48 club M valk, not quite as crazy as the exposed nose but some of the guts...

mike

If you need any pictures of the Monster Mike, let me know. I have bunch of random pictures... :p

Heres a neat one of the cockpit. Man... wouldnt it be cool if there was ever a Monster made with a opening and a cockpit? *Sigh*, I'm dreaming again. That would be a pain in the @$$ to make. :blink:

...one other thing that i did not mention in the other thread was that i plan on this kit having a very detailed engine compartment.....

Ooo... you mean something like this? :ph34r:

Yep, in this scale i can get alot more detail in than that, I am also toying with the idea of some other optional open panels, like the 1/48 club M valk, not quite as crazy as the exposed nose but some of the guts...

mike

Wow, that much detail and more guts... and still the low price?

I think I'm in Macross heaven... :mellow:

Snow? is it still snowing in places in the US, it's 75 and sunny with a cool breeze in Sacramento :rolleyes:

Yeah, it's like January here <_< , this will be the 3rd day this week that i lost at working on casting and projects, any day it snows i can't take my daughter to daycare and end up watching Elmo and Barney instead of working.....don't get me wrong i love my kid but i got stuff to do :p

Oh yeah, I forgot to ask but a semi obvious answer, the Monster is going to be fixed posed right? Hehe, imagine the ball joints on that bad boy if it was posable! :o

Dunno if this is accurate or anything but heres a picture of the Monster with a ladder coming out of its nose. :blink:

Snow? is it still snowing in places in the US, it's 75 and sunny with a cool breeze in Sacramento  :rolleyes:

Yeah, it's like January here <_< , this will be the 3rd day this week that i lost at working on casting and projects, any day it snows i can't take my daughter to daycare and end up watching Elmo and Barney instead of working.....don't get me wrong i love my kid but i got stuff to do :p

Hey I feel for ya buddy, watching Elmo and Barney is never a good thing. The songs, THE SONGS, oh how they stick in your brain...la la la la, la la la la Elmo's World MAKE IT STOP!

That ladder is accurate its in perfect memory. You also forgot the first admitted monsterholic here :D . I said it before ill say it again IM IN IM IN.

The kit doesnt have to be completely resin does it ? could you possibly do any bits of it in vaccuform? it would help keep down the weight and allow customisers to do a little more with it.

Well if the Nose area was a vacform piece it would allow someone who wanted to scratch build an open cockpit the option to do it. If the missile arm pieces were vacformed someone could make the innards and do a model being worked on with a crane type vehicle or just display details in general. Vacform wouldnt be good for load bearing pieces obviously but there are some areas where it could be used. Any details that need to go on the outside of the piece could be made in resin and be glued on by the builder so there would be no sacrifice in detail by the kit maker.

Just a suggestion doesnt mean you have to do it. No matter which way you go with it im getting one.

Edited by HWR MKII

Vac form is tough simply because my current vac form setup is only for small canopies. I plan on making even the nose partially hollow so if people want to add details or lights it would not be much harder than a vac formed body. I will think about the ladder and the cockpit, does anyone know where the cockpit is located for sure, i always thought it was that little "bubble" on top.......

mike

Oh as far as the poseability of it, because of the weight, even hollow, it will likely need to be a fixed pose, however, my plan was to utilize joints that would much better allow you to pick your pose, with the current 1/72 scale offering the legs pretty much need to face forward, and the arms have similar problems.....

Vac form is tough simply because my current vac form setup is only for small canopies. I plan on making even the nose partially hollow so if people want to add details or lights it would not be much harder than a vac formed body. I will think about the ladder and the cockpit, does anyone know where the cockpit is located for sure, i always thought it was that little "bubble" on top.......

mike

I think ur right, I think it is the bubble on top. Here are some screenshots from the series.

Vac form is tough simply because my current vac form setup is only for small canopies. I plan on making  even the nose partially hollow so if people want to add details or lights it would not be much harder than a vac formed body.  I will think about the ladder and the cockpit, does anyone know where the cockpit is located for sure, i always thought it was that little "bubble" on top.......

mike

I think ur right, I think it is the bubble on top. Here are some screenshots from the series.

OK, this pic really makes me want one with a clear vac formed canopy (now that i know that is a canopy) with a bright red LED in the cockpit.........

Vac form is tough simply because my current vac form setup is only for small canopies. I plan on making  even the nose partially hollow so if people want to add details or lights it would not be much harder than a vac formed body.  I will think about the ladder and the cockpit, does anyone know where the cockpit is located for sure, i always thought it was that little "bubble" on top.......

mike

OK, this pic really makes me want one with a clear vac formed canopy (now that i know that is a canopy) with a bright red LED in the cockpit.........

Heheh... I should keep posting picture for inspirations. :D;)

Heres another picture of the lineart of the engine department. It doesnt look too detailed...