1/72 Resin Monster Model!

AlphaHX

Hey Guys, Aaron I have you down for 1, everyone else i will start adding you to the list, no deposit needed, i will start taking $ again when i know i can start casting kits again. I do not like to take $ unless i know i can ship the kit within 2-3 weeks....

thanks

mike

How is the progress on the factory going? So are you still going to make the 1/18 scale YF-19 or VF-22 .... lol

For those of you who do not have the monster, jump on this, its an awesome kit, if the kit will come out by Dec I might jump on a second one.

How is the progress on the factory going? So are you still going to make the 1/18 scale YF-19 or VF-22 .... lol

For those of you who do not have the monster, jump on this, its an awesome kit, if the kit will come out by Dec I might jump on a second one.

Seems like a lot of people lost interest in the Factory, i am just about done with them, if there is a revival of interest in it i will mold and cast it for sure, i still want a handful of components for myself......

Seems like a lot of people lost interest in the Factory, i am just about done with them, if there is a revival of interest in it i will mold and cast it for sure, i still want a handful of components for myself......

Just post some pics with your advances and let the interest rise by itself... :rolleyes:

Hey Guys, Aaron I have you down for 1, everyone else i will start adding you to the list, no deposit needed, i will start taking $ again when i know i can start casting kits again. I do not like to take $ unless i know i can ship the kit within 2-3 weeks....

thanks

mike

Glad to hear it Mike. Just email when its time, or msg me thu the starshipmodeler board as I'm there pretty much everyday.

• 1 month later...

This had dropped off the forums, there has been some renewed interest, any idea on what the price on the re-release might be if you do one and the time frame, I know you have had several other projects on your plate. (I wish I had jumped in on an gniw-X when you did those:( )

• 2 weeks later...

The 2nd run is still on the table but i have been just non stop busy...really for the last 2 years or so....I think the 2nd run will be limited to just about 10-15 kits and that will be it. I do really want to get back to some Macross related kits soon, time just goes by so fast. I just got back from my first vacation in a few years (disneyworld with the family) and did a lot of thinking when i was out there, i want to start doing smaller runs of more specialized stuff including the factory, which i just pulled out for the first time in about 6 months.....

mike

• 3 weeks later...

In all likelyhood it will be spring before i can get to cast the last run of these, casting time in the winter is limited and i have some other stuff that needs to be cast up before these, including the factory. I am spending the down time on some scratch build projects, 2 non macross, and 1 BIG macross scratchbuild that if there is enough interest in will be a kit.......

Any updates on this?

In all likelyhood it will be spring before i can get to cast the last run of these, casting time in the winter is limited and i have some other stuff that needs to be cast up before these, including the factory. I am spending the down time on some scratch build projects, 2 non macross, and 1 BIG macross scratchbuild that if there is enough interest in will be a kit.......

I would be interested in a kit...last thing I saw it was ~$300 (USD?)...

Are any piccies available of the kit?

Does anyone know of any 1/72 Zentradi Officer Pods (Glaug / Marauder MAD3R - Macross / Battletech))

Welcome Cranky (I hope you're not always like that :rolleyes: )

mslz22, what's the other kit you're possibly working on if there's enough interest (VA-3)? - MT

IIRC a certain large transformable living quarters was mentioned. ;)

Cranky spots are still available, i guess i should start a running 2nd run list in the thread, the price will likely be about $275.00 + shipping (about $20.00 fedex in the usa) that includes the decals. Thats only $25.00 more than the last run due to resin cost, increase.

I will look into the VA-3 if John is not going to do it, I have a number of "dream" macross projects, the SDF-1 in a large scale is one of them, but the one that i am most motivated about right now is a 1/24 scale VF-1, I know not another VF1 but right now i have been feeling i need to focus on getting on a project that i am really motivated about, otherwise they seem to fall to the wayside...plus i may have help with the VF1 project so all the scratchbuilding would not be left up to me alone, moving the project along faster.....

mike

If i wind up kitting the VF-1 the first thing i would want to do is get the basic VF-1 up and running to allow for the lowest price point for people who want one, from there i would like to start addding the super armor etc....I don't know how many people would want a VF-1 let alone the Elintseeker in that scale, but it's something i would look into......

I would jump on the 1/24 VF-1..... But mike would you consider making a 1/24 VE-1 Elintseeker? That would be crazy or even a VEFR-1

At least with a VF-1 you don't need to make special molds for different types except 2 seaters which isnt that big a difference. All the extra stuff is just bolt ons.

What ever you make I'm sure it will be great.

Cranky spots are still available, i guess i should start a running 2nd run list in the thread, the price will likely be about $275.00 + shipping (about $20.00 fedex in the usa) that includes the decals. Thats only $25.00 more than the last run due to resin cost, increase.

I will look into the VA-3 if John is not going to do it, I have a number of "dream" macross projects, the SDF-1 in a large scale is one of them, but the one that i am most motivated about right now is a 1/24 scale VF-1, I know not another VF1 but right now i have been feeling i need to focus on getting on a project that i am really motivated about, otherwise they seem to fall to the wayside...plus i may have help with the VF1 project so all the scratchbuilding would not be left up to me alone, moving the project along faster.....

mike

Hope I'm still #2 on the list for the Monster Mike! Looking forward to getting my hands on one of these babies.

Also a 1/24th VF-1 sounds pretty damn cool. I'm interested although I would like to know a possible price first before I commit and say I'll take one.

AS for the VA-3 I would love a couple of these. I do resin casting part time, and would be interested in casting it up if need be.

Aaron Propper

Edited by Heavy Melder

Hi, If you are starting the second list for the 1/72 monster, please add me in for 1.

I been waiting for this while regretting not getting my name on the 1st list for a long time now. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Mike, I bought your X-wing kit just after you'd taken it over from Scott and added the new wing joiner which was a nice touch; I was pleased with the quality. Great to see you've done something about some of the accuracy issues since then too. FWIW I reckon the wing chord is slightly short also, but not by a lot, maybe 3-4mm - I just built my leading edges up with a couple of strips of styrene, easy.

How did I get so off-topic? I was going to say - if I'm not too late can I please, please be on the Monster list too? I love that thing.

Also, a 1/24 Elintseeker or Strike or Super would be killer. Or even a D. Or especially a Super Ostrich, LOL! Definitely a stock ship is the way to go first off, but you could do modular conversion sets pretty easily, right?

Cheers,

Martyn

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...