NEW Trailer just released for The Legend Of Zelda.

UN Spacy

"The keyword for the DS was 'innovative product,' but it will be 'paradigm shift in [game] play' with the Revolution," Iwata said in his interview with Kyoto's popular local newspaper.

"The concept behind our new console, tentatively named 'Revolution,' is the same as the DS. We want it to broaden the [video gaming] audience range, and we don't want it to be something that people will see as too irrelevant to them, too difficult to use, or as something that wastes space.

In an interview with the Japan Economic Foundation's magazine, Japan Spotlight, the famously outspoken Iwata repeated his oft-quoted assertion that "customers do not want online games."
Iwata reiterated that the platform would be fundamentally different from other game systems, and said that its unique make-up could potentially alienate third party publishers, or in contrast draw them in.

"If the next generation platforms are going to create even more gorgeous looking games using further enhanced functionality, and if that next-gen market can still expand the games industry, then I'm afraid that third-parties may not support Nintendo," he said.

*Sources: Gamespot, IGN.

Backwards compatibility with the Lamecube is hardly a selling point. Satoru Iwata has demonstrated over the last several months that Nintendo's got its head up its ass. They're seriously out of touch with what consumers actually want, and I, for one, am done. I bought the N64, and I only liked maybe four games total. I got the Gamecube, and I'm yet to find a game that justified that purchase. I got a DS, and I don't even own any DS games! I'm playing my GBA games one it, which is still a waste because I have an SP. Three strikes, and your're out. I'm not falling for this again... I have ZERO intention of getting a Revolution when it comes out. Frankly, I hope both the DS and the Revolution turn out to be collossal failures. I want Nintendo out of the hardware market. I like a lot of their games, but I'm not buying anymore crap systems to play them. I want them to do like Sega and become a third party developer.

Super Smash Bros... meets Xbox Live. And before you go on about how weird that'd be, we thought it'd be just as weird to see Sega games on a Sony or Nintendo system. And we're all pretty much used to it now.

Even me I prefer Zelda 2D`s BTW did any got Zelda-The Minish Cap for GBA ?

I got it a month or two ago. But it's a bit short compared to other Zelda games (only five dungeons). Don't let that stop you because it's a GREAT game (almost as good as A Link To The Past).

It takes elements from The Wind Waker as well. B))

Its like people that want Star Wars movies to be just like when they were a kid, of course growing up with things a certain way makes you partial. Great strides have been made since then though. When done well, the third dimension is a wonderful thing and I think Nintendo did great with Windwaker. I was never very impressed with OoT or the N64 in general though.

I simply dont understand everyons adverse reaction to the gamecube. I see nothing but quality games, more importantly i see nothing but fun games. Ive ended up more on PC as of the last year or two but when it comes to console teh one i play the most is the gamecube.

I own a PS2 and play games on that too but not nearly as much i always end up drawn back to Gamecube games. So what if the system doesnt get 50 titles a month , i dont need more then 1 title a month. That just means you get 5 quality games..instead of 5 quality games and 40 pieces of vaporware. The x box seems to have grown in the "look this game has breasts and guns im an adult now" category but i own a pc i dont need an x box and frankly most games look boring anyway. ( i still dont see the big hoopla over halo ...its nothing special)

ps2 great for rpgs and some action titles

Gamecube great for platformers and adventure games

As for zelda, i cant wait this is gonna be an amazing game.

i have played every zelda game since the first was released and i love em all. I dont see why people are reluctant to enjoy the 3d games. No other game has seamlessly translated to 3d as well as zelda did. The mechanics were incredible and all the fun and gameplay of the original 3 was translated perfectly. Ocarina of Time was simply a landmark game when it came to pure fun and adventure. Majoras Mask was sorely overlooked by many , the game was ingenius and the way the game played out was brilliant.

As for a zelda timeline , if you follow the story in each one and read interviews with miyamoto ( in every interview proceding a new zelda he almost always lets it slip that the game is a prequal or sequal) you can easily piece together the timline.

This is of course excluding the handheld games which are completly left of center plot wise.

zelda ocarina of time -

first link and zelda and ganon as he changes from a thief to the sorcerer and is sealed away by the sages

Majoras mask -

same link as oot on a personal side story of little relevance to the zelda timeline

Wind Waker -

A new link , Miyamoto stated in an interview that the game took place after oot and mm...watch the opening movie..its all right there

New Gamecube LoZ -

He also said this was to take place after WW .....hopefully we find out what happened to all the water

Zelda 3 -

new link ,Watch the opening movie , it goes into detail about how once there was an evil sorcerer named ganon who was sealed away by the sages ...ie exactly what happens in OOT - oh and not to mention when OoT was coming out miyamoto said it would take place before 3 and be links ancestor

Zelda 1 -

New link , it was 8 bit , stories werent huge yet , ganon comes back to steal the triforce bad stuff happens

zelda 2 -

Ganons henchmen trying to ressurect him , direct sequal to 2, oh and in an interview ( i think i still own the eqm ) Miyamoto said 3 would be a prequal to 1 and that it would be links ancestor. As a side note, all the towns in this game are named after the sages who originally sealed away Ganon in OoT, of course this was most likely not even dreamed up yet at the time so it was a nice little piece of backwards continuity

There you go thats the best i can do

Edited by SpacePirateNeko

I`ll get a Revolution if it turns out as they say, basiclly I only play SW on Nintendo systems the last one was pretty good on the GBA better than SNES versions.

As for PSP and PS3 no interest, never was a Sony fan, only just for RPGs and SRW, had a PS1 and smashed it cuz of its controller while playing fighting games, till now I feel a shamed. As for new Zelda yes I get it.

ps2 great for rpgs and some action titles

I can agree with that. I also prefer my racing games on the PS2.

Gamecube great for platformers and adventure games

Like what? Seriously, suggest to me a good platformer/adventure game exclusive to the Cube that's NOT a Mario or Zelda game (of which, as of writing, there's only 3, counting Luigi's Mansion). The PS2 has Jak and Ratchet & Clank (each of which has two), plus pretty much all the systems seem to be getting the Rayman games, plus they all got Sonic Heroes (and hopefully Shadow the Hedgehog).

So what if the system doesnt get 50 titles a month , i dont need more then 1 title a month. That just means you get 5 quality games..instead of 5 quality games and 40 pieces of vaporware.

Since January 1st, how many killer titles have come out for the Cube? Resident Evil 4 (which is also PS2 bound) and Starfox Armada. For Xbox and PS2? Mercenaries, Devil May Cry 3, Star Wars Republic Commando, Gran Turismo 4, Xenosaga Episode II... (and that's overlooking quality games like Brothers In Arms, Tekken 5, or Project Snowblind). I'd hardly call those vaporware, and I'd hardly say that the Cube gets a similar number of quality games as the other consoles. In fact, even games that aren't exclusives, like Mercenaries, still don't show up on the Cube.

The x box seems to have grown in the "look this game has breasts and guns im an adult now" category but i own a pc i dont need an x box and frankly most games look boring anyway. ( i still dont see the big hoopla over halo ...its nothing special)

PC gamers are often stunned to hear it, but there are a lot of people (a majority, actually) who aren't really into PC gaming, for whatever reason, myself included. Personally, as someone who grew up playing console games (I was in high school before my parents bought their first real PC), a keyboard and mouse just don't feel as natural as a controller, I don't feel like spending money to upgrade to play high-end titles like Doom 3, and I really don't feel like sitting at my desk and playing on a 17" screen with tinny speakers when I can sit on the couch with the 32" TV and surround sound.

For people like me, the Xbox is actually the best of both worlds. A lot of games overlap PC and Xbox, like KOTOR or Republic Commando, with a lot more on the way (Doom 3, Farcry, Sid Meier's Pirates, etc). The Xbox is easily the best non-PC for FPS... which reminds me, yeah, Halo isn't exactly anything special. It's a solid FPS, and while there are other great FPS, it doesn't change the fact that Halo is also a great FPS.

Since January 1st, how many killer titles have come out for the Cube?

by looking at the future release list they both have equal of killer games coming out this year with tons of rentals.

but I may get a gamecube. this game plus metroid prime2 and starcraft ghost looks about enough for me.

Since January 1st, how many killer titles have come out for the Cube?

by looking at the future release list they both have equal of killer games coming out this year with tons of rentals.

but I may get a gamecube. this game plus metroid prime2 and starcraft ghost looks about enough for me.

Starcraft Ghost, if it ever actually does come out, will also be released on PS2 and Xbox.

Future release list? Well yeah, all three consoles have a lot of good games coming out like Splinter Cell, Medal of Honor: European Assault, and the new Rainbow Six, but since they're coming out for all systems, they really don't count. As far as exclusives go, let's see... the Gamecube's got... well... there's that Zelda game that everyone's talking about (which some of us think will actually be delayed and used as a launch game for the Revolution). And... well, I supposedly there's going to be announcement about Mario 128 at E3, but we'll have to wait until May to find out anything it.

Meanwhile... the Xbox has Doom 3 (looking forward to co-op on Live), Jade Empire, Conker, and Sid Meier's Pirates. The PS2 is getting Kingdom Hearts II, Final Fantasy XII, God of War (check out the demo, if you can get one), Digital Devil Saga (and the DDS 2), Dragon Quest VIII, and Resident Evil Outbreak File 2. And Far Cry, Area 51, Battlefield: Modern Combat, Destroy All Humans, Star Wars Episode III, Red Ninja, Midnight Club 3, Spy Vs. Spy, and Lego Star Wars are coming out for everything except the Cube.

That's hardly what I'd call equal.

I think the Cube is either the best buy for a gamer that likes top quality games, but doesn't buy a whole lot of games in general, unless that person is big on RPGs in wich case the PS2 is the way to go. For everyone else, the Cube is a solid second system and it's great for parties. Metroid, Pikmin, Mario, Zelda, Star Fox Assault, Resident Evil 4 (wich more than likely won't look nearly as nice on the PS2, wich makes it even sadder that from now on RE games will be made with th PS2's limitations in mind, at least until the next generation).

A lot of the XBox's best looking "exclusive" titles are also out on the PC, in wich case why buy the XBox version when you can get the PC version and have access to all of the patches and mods said games will eventually be showered with there? Personally, there's very little out, or coming out, for the XBox that appeals to me, other than games available either on the PC or the other consoles.

PS2 has the largest library, of course, and a near monopoly on RPGs, but most of it's library is pretty forgettable. It really is Sony's stranglehold on RPG developers that makes the PS2 the system to get, over the technically superior Xbox and Gamecube (goes to show you graphics aren't everything if you don't have a lot of support).

Of course, with the coming console generation, the rules change yet again.

A lot of the XBox's best looking "exclusive" titles are also out on the PC, in wich case why buy the XBox version when you can get the PC version and have access to all of the patches and mods said games will eventually be showered with there?

I'm not denying that most of the Xbox exclusives are also available for PC. But the fact is, while PC gamers are a hardcore group, they're a minority. The average Joe Schmoe would rather play with the Xbox (and while Live doesn't offer fan-mods [yet], patches, updates, and new content are usually available).

Resident Evil 4 (wich more than likely won't look nearly as nice on the PS2

We'll see about that. The Cube isn't the leaps and bounds better in performance over the PS2 that the Xbox is. And if Viewtiful Joe is any indication, the PS2 version will have slick exclusives that will make up for the undoubtedly longer load times.

Look, I'm not really trying to argue that the Xbox is best or the PS2 is best... I'm arguing that anything (PS2, Xbox, PC, hell, even Dreamcast) is better than a Gamecube, which has almost zero third party support, a handful of overrated 1st and 2nd party titles, and only a few real gems that still don't justify blowing the money on the system.

Not really. Reguardless of the next-gen consoles' release dates, specs, features, etc, Sony is still likely to stay on top, because they've shown third parties that PlayStation = $$$. Microsoft will continue to gain ground, again mostly because it'll be easy to port PC games. And Nintendo will most likely continue to alienate themselves from third parties and consumers alike, save for the hardcore Nintendophiles. Finally, PC gamers will continue to spend thousands of dollars buying and upgrading PC's for gaming, just so they can continue to argue that the PC is the supreme choice for hardcore gamers.

I belive Viewtiful Joe is going to be on the nds. I don't think pc gamers are that much hardcore but it seems like im adding upgrades to my computer to play a new game each time.

edit: oh forgot that i played kindom hearts when i was with my friends place. I didn't like it very much overall, maybe cuz im a earily final fantasy nut (basicly hates everything after 7 or 8)

Edited by Zentrandude

I belive Viewtiful Joe is going to be on the nds. I don't think pc gamers are that much hardcore but it seems like im adding upgrades to my computer to play a new game each time.

edit: oh forgot that i played kindom hearts when i was with my friends place.  I didn't like it very much overall, maybe cuz im a earily final fantasy nut (basicly hates everything after 7 or 8)

Yeah, I'm with you there... I hate Kingdom Hearts. But, I also haven't cared for the newer Zelda games. In both cases, I'm the minority. Fact is, both the new Zelda and the new Kindgom Hearts will sell very well this fall.

I still think PC gamers are pretty hardcore. Despite the fact that PC gaming is on the decline, PC gamers are really passionate about their games and their belief that PC gaming is actually superior to console gaming, majority be damned. Not to mention that console gamers buy a new $300 console every five years, while PC gamers seem to drop that into upgrades every year.

The only aspect of PC gaming that really seems to be on the rise is MMORPGs. My anti-social brain can't fathom that one.

As for Viewtiful Joe, yeah, it was announced for the DS (and the PSP), but that was about it. What I was referring to when I brought it up though was how the PS2 version had Dante as a bonus character. It's likely that RE4 will also have some kind of exclusive over the GC version.

Edited by mikeszekely

The only aspect of PC gaming that really seems to be on the rise is MMORPGs. My anti-social brain can't fathom that one.

The only reason i can come up with it is either ebay (buy selling items) or near complete freedom to do anything like be a jerk and pk/steal from everyone in sight nomatter how poor/ilequiped they are or be a hero that in real life they are so much a coward and a weakling that 1 min of sunlight would burn them like a vampire.

Resident Evil 4 (wich more than likely won't look nearly as nice on the PS2

We'll see about that. The Cube isn't the leaps and bounds better in performance over the PS2 that the Xbox is. And if Viewtiful Joe is any indication, the PS2 version will have slick exclusives that will make up for the undoubtedly longer load times.

I gotta disagree. Basically, the PS2 can push more polygons than the Cube, but the Cube can work all sorts of graphical effects on those polygons that are simply impossible on the PS2. Heck, I've seen some games on the Cube that are prettier than anything I've seen on the XBox (The RE games, again, come to mind). My final word on the matter would be to simply point at the games available, however I realize if it gets to that point the argument is futile. I still recall people telling me that the Genesis had better graphics than the SNES.

Look, I'm not really trying to argue that the Xbox is best or the PS2 is best... I'm arguing that anything (PS2, Xbox, PC, hell, even Dreamcast) is better than a Gamecube, which has almost zero third party support, a handful of overrated 1st and 2nd party titles, and only a few real gems that still don't justify blowing the money on the system.

Just so we're clear, I'm not saying the Cube is the best system (though I believe it would be if only it had support), but that it makes a strong secondary systen for someone that already owns either an Xbox or a PS2. Or I would reccomend it to someone that wants a console, but who doesn't buy a lot of games.

Not really.  Reguardless of the next-gen consoles' release dates, specs, features, etc, Sony is still likely to stay on top, because they've shown third parties that PlayStation = $$$.  Microsoft will continue to gain ground, again mostly because it'll be easy to port PC games.  And Nintendo will most likely continue to alienate themselves from third parties and consumers alike, save for the hardcore Nintendophiles. 

Man, I agree with a lot of your posts on the forum, but how long have you been a gamer? The console arena always changes depending on what the big companies do at the release of the new systems. Since Nintendo plans to release their system last, we can expect this much to stay the same, Sony will have lots of third party support, and Nintendo won't, but will have better graphics. However, if Microsoft releases the XBox2 around the same time as the PS3 (or perhaps even before it), they could very well draw a lot of Sony's support. Plus Microsoft has the main creative forces behind Final Fantasy signed on to their system. FF is what gained Sony most of their support way back when the Playstation was the new kid on the block. Plus, having Windwalker could really help Microsoft out in Japan as well. If it does not help them there this generation, then so long as they don't botch things, it could still help them with the next generation of consoles after XBox2 and PS3.

Finally, PC gamers will continue to spend thousands of dollars buying and upgrading PC's for gaming, just so they can continue to argue that the PC is the supreme choice for hardcore gamers.

While I won't deny there's a minorty of PC gamers that do this, I spend a couple hundred bucks to upgrade my computer about once every 2-3 years. Many PC gamers seem to upgrade even less than that. PCs are becoming cheaper and cheaper all the time.