Robocon/Anime Expo 2005

masthead-con.gif

Robocon

I was planning on attending Anime Expo for the first time since it's right around the corner from me. Now that Robocon is celebrating the 20th Anniversary of Robotech, is anyone planning on attending this event?

eh, I might. Depends on what I'm feeling that day. ;) But Anime expo is a definite for me. I haven't missed a year yet since '98! :p:D:lol:

Oh, I thought that admission to Robocon was open if you had a ticket to Anime Expo but that you'd have to pay extra for some panels or something. Their FAQ section really blows and doesn't explain clearly how it works.

• 3 weeks later...

yup, it's official, I'm going! I just got my confirmation for industry pass!! Yay, my first time going for free without any help! :p:D:lol:

ONE TICKET GIVES YOU ALL THAT IS AX....

LETS JUST SAY INSTEAD OF ROBOTECH HG PANEL....IT WILL BE CALLED ROBOCON20...BUT BIGGER.

AND MORE DAYS ADDED.

NOW SOL, I DO WANT YOU THERE, NOT FOR THE REBEL ROUSING, BUT MAN, YOU GUYS CAN COME UP WIT THE INTRESTING QUESTIONS...ESPECIALLY THE LEGALITY AND LICENCING ISSUES.

IN OTHER WORDS...IF YOU CAN'T BEAT THEM, JOIN THEM....J/K

BUT ALL THE SAME, HOPE YOU GUYS HAVE A GOOD TIME THERE.

It's nice to know that Robocon 20 isn't an extra fee. Now, to just register for AX, I'll be alright. I'm really excited to see more animatics for the new Robotech Movie. That should be quite interesting. :D

• 2 months later...

New programming info. is up: http://www.anime-expo.org/files/2005Live_P...ng_Schedule.pdf

Macross panel on Friday, 7/1 at 7p.m.

Robotech: Shadow Chronicles panel on Sat. 7/2 at 5p.m.

On the Robotech website, they state that the voice actors from the t.v. series as follows will be on hand on Sunday, 7/3.

Michael Bradley

Frank Catalano

Richard Epcar

Eddie Frierson

Melora Harte

Alexandra Kenworthy

Steve Kramer

Melanie MacQueen

Iona Morris

Tony Oliver

Greg Snegoff

Paul St. Peter

Reba West

Dan Woren

• 4 weeks later...

O.K. so what's the deal? Who went?

How was it? Did Reba West show up? Tony Oliver? Did Reba sing Minmay songs?

I don't feel too back for not going this time, since I already went to the 10 yr one back in '95. Reba sang her Minmay songs and I got it, as well as all kinds of other great footage on home video

I went, even though MW is all about Robotech bashing at times, I still dig Robotech and it's influence. Most of the major voice actors was there, and they were all nice, I got them to sign my Robotech Art 1 book, there's pics floating around the net of the three different panels and the actors signings. If no one finds some, I can post. It was a fun event and there were private BBQs and dinners for all the Robocons fans who were able to go to them.