Next Samurai Monkey model: 1/72 Regult.

captain america

As for the height of the kit, I believe that I gave it out with the March 31st update... Round abouts 34cm if I recall.

Gawd blimey, about as tall as a 1/48! Hmmm, might need to learn how to build some models...

Hey Captain, I hope if you make a scout version you'll offer a full kit and not just parts to upgrade this one.

I'd hate to get stuck with just upgrade parts and nothing to stick them to cuz I didn't order 2 or 3 of the standard battlepods at the start.

Hey Captain, I hope if you make a scout version you'll offer a full kit and not just parts to upgrade this one.

I'd hate to get stuck with just upgrade parts and nothing to stick them to cuz I didn't order 2 or 3 of the standard battlepods at the start.

I agree with Grayson.

I'm always taking orders :lol:

I'll be starting a thread specifically to deal with downpayments/payment instructions over the weekend. Basically, about half the funds down now to pay for molding, and half upon completion of the castings.

There's also a special little feature I'm working on for this model that hasn't been done before... But that's a surprise :ph34r:

Sounds great. I actually have some money ready for this, so I should be able to get a downpayment in whenever you post the payment thread.

Now.... What could the special feature be? Let the agony of speculation begin! :lol:

I'm guess an opening and closing hatch.

I remember Cap saying that working hatches would be nearly impossible in resin. Whatever the surprise may be, I know it's going to be way welcome. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping for a pilot. ;)

I already know what I'll do with one of these. ***rubs hands like evil scientist***

I can't wait.

It really is unbelievable how you can start with a ball of sculpting stuff and come up with something that looks so perfect like it was produced by Hasegawa or something. Really incredible Cap.

Edited by Grayson72

Hi Rich.

Most of the "pod" parts are hollow, including the side thrusters to alleviate the weight on the ball-joints. Should they still be a tad loose, you can try this:

take the "ball" part, and scuff it VERY lightly with a file, and then add a THIN layer of CA glue (one drop is more than enough) onto the ball and let it harden. When it's dry, scuff it once again very lightly, and then snap it into the cup. Voila: instant high-tension ball-joint.

Great Tip I'll have to keep this post in mind. I was worried about the weight but looks like problem solved. Hey Cap I was wondering how long do you think you will be able to produce these kits becasue I may want to order more in the future. You know how its is you need like a squad of regults. :D Were you going to produce conversion kit so you can add on missles or scout version ect

from Rich

Edited by goldenboy_forever

Hi Rich.

I plan to keep the Regult model available for as long as possible. From the get-go, I was quite sure that people might want more than 1 kit, if only because there are easily 3-4 variations that can be done with it. Also, I think that good availability would also kerb a great deal of recasting: my logic is that people might not be so tempted by a bootleg if the better-quality originals are still readily-available.

• 8 months later...