Next Samurai Monkey model: 1/72 Regult.

captain america

Just don't try and hijack a MODEL KIT thread and try and get a Regult built for a TOY scale! I mean you don't see us over at the 1/48 two seater conversion thread trying to get a 1/72 scale battroid conversion out of it do ya?

1/48 is a toy scale?! Holy crap, all these years and I never knew that Tanmen's 1/48 Ultimate Strike Valkyrie was toy scale. Guess someone should've told IMAI that their 1/48 Legioss kit was also toy scale. Ironically enough, the two 1/48 VF-1 and Legioss toys that did come out (from Yamato and Toynami respectively) came out after the model kits. So is it really a toy scale or model scale? Kids these days...

:rolleyes:

And don't worry, no one's hijacking this thread. If you've been around here as long as some of us, you'll know when a thread's been hijacked. :)

OK firstly I guess this proves that if someone wants to argue they will read anything you say and take offense.

Let's face it, most people that want a 1/48 Regult do so to put next to their Yamato, not their 1/48 Legios although there are a odd few that will have a UD Valk. So in that regard yes 1/48 is a toy scale FOR MACROSS as most of the decent kits out there (including resin and resin conversions) are in 72nd scale.

And don't be fooled by my post count I've been around for a while.

Why is it that we never have any trouble in the model section until a toy dude comes along?

Berttt

Edited by Berttt

Ok kids, play nice, now!

The kit-builders will get their goodie with this 1/72 Regult kit, but the toy crowd won't be left out by any means; all I ask is patience :)

Besides, the toy group will be getting the 1/48 VF-1D conversion right after I'm done with the Regult kit... And god knows what other goodies I've got up my sleeve :ph34r: mwahahahaha!!!!!

Hey Captian, is it too late to put me down for one? :unsure:

This sound too cool to pass up! B))

Thanks! :D

Capn's log stardate: March 31st :lol:

Sculpting is going well, but slowly. Most of the major structural components are done, but there are still quite a few bits that need machining and detailing; most noteably the cannons, rear hatch handles and hatch cover. I'll save the cockpit for last.

The parts I'm showing are by no means finished: they still require detailing and filling, but I needed to prime them to give myself proper reference points to make further refinements. All this took almost 2 weeks of work. Ugh...

post-3-1112301143_thumb.jpg

good lord.. that is amazing. Stop posting pics.. I have a mortgage now and I don't need to be tempted like this! :(

Yep, gotta admire skill like this. Good stuff!!!

I do find somethings kinda odd.

Like the transistion between the side thrusters and the body and the somewhat 'sharp' ridge that seems to develop because of it. Always thought it was a smoother tranny. The 'toe' looks alittle undersized in a thicknesses type of way and not so much of a it's small type of way. I always thought that the front of the lower leg had a small egg-like taper(front-back) to it and not so much of a normal cylindrical-ness.

Now I'm NOT trying to pop anyone bubble or start any agruements of these. I just thought I'd bring them up now since it's still VERY early in the build.

Hi Chrono.

I'm not quite sure what you're refering to in terms of the "sharp ridge" on the body near the side thruster.

As for the toe, it actually appears a tad shorter than it will because the gasket is not in place. Thickness-wise, I kept it just a bit smaller than the fairing on the lower leg so as to allow for proper mobility and poseability. The lower leg does have an organic taper to it though; you can see it in the front & side view (on the SM site.)