Next Samurai Monkey model: 1/72 Regult.

captain america

Hi Flash.

The scale of 1/72 was prefered, since it's the prime scale for Macross model kits; best compromise between size and cost. Personally, I'd love to make it in 1/48, but sometimes I just don't get my way :lol:

Plus the price would be more than double what I'm projecting for the model in 1/72.

Hi alan168hk. Shipping for the model will be determined when it's done. Most likely about $12-13 to ship within north america, and maybe $20-25.00 to ship overseas. Gas prices are still climbing, so I don't even know if those shipping prices will be valid by the time the model is ready to ship.

As for payment method, Paypal would be the prefered method, but an international postal money-order in US or canadian funds would work as well.

Hi Will. The problem with the LV was that there just weren't enough people interested to make it financially viable. As you get fewer orders, unit price goes up, so it becomes a vicious cycle. Perhaps if I could (eventually) get about 30-35 takers, I could drop the price to about $250.00.

Will the Regult large and small missile variant parts be sold seperately? I'd like to use them on the old plastic kits. B))

Me too, that would be preferable than having to buy 3 $125 kits so I can have all three variants

The large missile pod attachments will most likely be a stand-alone set that can simply be dropped onto the existing kit. However, since my Regult sculpt will be a full scratchbuild, I'm not sure how well the system will adapt to the old Imai plastic model... Shouldn't be too much of an issue though.

You really should try to get the LV made. That was the only reason I bought the launch rail. You should price it out for a 25 unit run. Or at least get the drawings you have out to someone who will pattern it. If the LV doesn't come out I am going to be very cranky. ;) If it's $500 that is what it has to be.

I'll make my own if I have too but it wouldn't match your style.

You really should try to get the LV made. That was the only reason I bought the launch rail. You should price it out for a 25 unit run. Or at least get the drawings you have out to someone who will pattern it. If the LV doesn't come out I am going to be very cranky. ;) If it's $500 that is what it has to be.

I'll make my own if I have too but it wouldn't match your style.

Hi Coby.

Problem is, if you factor out the costs for a run of 25, but you only get 18 orders, you lose money, and sadly, I've been doing a bit too much of that as it is.

Basically, the only reason Rob and I skipped-over that project was because we weren't able to get the orders necessary for it to break even.

This is not to say that it'll never get done, it just won't get done right now.

Hey Capt. America, please keep us up today, I want to buy a LV for the booster, thats the only reason why I alos got into this, and the fact that your work is awesome, I really do hope you make the LV for the booster. Findout how many people want it, and willing to prepay, and just figure out a total, this way the people that want in will get there LV. Thanks once again for a wonderful project and I look forward to this new one.

You already got me down for one, but I think I need to go ahead and commit to a second Regult kit before they get pre-sold out :lol:

So, please make that 2 for Ghadrack :)

And if you get around on the Launch Vehicle I am still in for one of those!

You guys are a true asset to the Macross fan community, keep up the good work.

Yes, It looks like (11) more to go now.

When you add in the number of people that want (2), that makes (39).

We don't need (50) people, just (50) orders. ;)

Edited by ChristopherB

It looks like (6) more to go now.

When you add in the number of people that want (2), that makes (44).

We don't need (50) people, just (50) orders. ;)

I did count those that wanted two, I still come up with 39 models on the list on the first page.