BGC Figures

Hobby search already has it up!

It has a nice Knight Sabers stand as well. Still can't tell the size from the pictures, but it looks really good. :ph34r:

Priss type:

http://www.1999.co.jp/asp/GoodsDetails_e.a..._right101_e.asp

Rinna type:

http://www.1999.co.jp/asp/GoodsDetails_e.a..._right101_e.asp

10042975a2.jpg

Edited by wolfx

Can this be right?

160mm in height or approxiamately 6.4 inches!? ABS and PVC plastic? Does Wayne Brady have to choke a B!@%!

I have been waiting forever for these things to come out. I thought 55.00 for one figure... okay, that's a bit pricey. I also pretty much thought they would not come with any diecast metal, but as long as they were a decent size (eight to nine inches) that would be okay. Now I'm finding out that they are only 6.4 inches? That's a size of a freaking Toynami MPC alpha, and those things can transform! Are these things going to be extremely limited production? Is there gold lining the insides of the toys?

How big are the yamato ones coming out... three inches? Even if the Yamatos are the size of GI Joes, they may be the better value at 500 yen or about five dollars. Get a whole set for twenty.

In any case, considering the Guyver III Max factory toy is only about forty to fifty dollars and is close to eight inches, I think these things are extremely overpriced.

Hmm. Looks like they come with optional parts to build the 2nd Gen Hardsuits from the original series.

317242[/snapback]

No, they're the second gen harduits. The reason why two versions are listed for Priss' is because in Red Eyes she gets her 2nd gen hardsuit before everyone else after getting her ass handed to her by Largo. This version was slightly different (just hand armaments, I think) than the one she wore in Scoop Chase, so there's two variations.

I find it odd they chose the 2nd gen hardsuits to base the toys off of, other than Priss' they only appeared in one episode and aren't quite as familiar as the original suits. Look a bit cooler and more modern, I suppose.

These are the yamatos...and its the Story Image Figure line...which are actually Trading Figures , 500 yen each.

Not sure if they have a similar scaled one to the AS ones.

BGUMC.jpg

315460[/snapback]

Hey Wolfx,

Where did you find the pictures for the Yamato BGC figures? I can't seem to locate it anywhere on the yamatousa site. I saw that story image figures range from 4 to 5 inches. That's not bad considering they only cost five bucks. Even if they are not that posable, I only plan to stand them up in my display case. Any indication of a release date for the yamatos. (Sorry, I don't read japanese).

BTW, just checked out the Yamato japanese site and it looks like I was wrong. The figures will not be 160mm as stated. They will be 150mm! At a $55.00 price tag, this just seems to get worse and worse.

Edited by Deadzone

Deadzone: I got it from another toyforum. I know no details on this product or what exactly is Yamato coming out with.

Anyway here are pictures of the AS in play.

1123217704758.jpg

The posability of those looks really good at least. (maybe the light weight increases the chance they won't topple over)

I will end up buying the whole lot eventually since I am a BBC fan.

Hopefully they won't break like some toynami or a banpresto. :D

I can bear with an expensive toy, so long as it holds! (in fact I would pay full price for the alpha and beta toynamis had they proven sturdy)

I would be very interested to see if they bring out the motoslave. A powered suit riding in a transformable powered suit doubling as a bike: I always thought that would have been a cool toy to have as kid.

Has anyone actually ordered one of these things? Just wanted to know if someone could post a review of the toy soon.

318374[/snapback]

Ordered, it's out but I also order Sylia, which is not out yet. Patience, young padawan. :)

Oooo, box pic and description! (courtesy of HLJ)

post-71-1123492248.gif

Beautiful action figure featuring Linna Yamazaki in her "new" Hardsuit; a spare head (without helmet) and a spare laser-gun gauntlet (with the "fingers" open) are included to allow you to customise the figure. A custom base is included to allow you to display her.

EDIT: Formatting, credit.

Edited by Lynx7725

I got the first two figures of the set and went to work posing them. Priss has quite a few more accessories than Linna. Both come with the a wide assortment of claws that attach to the base. Articulation is very good and they can manage many of the poses seen in the animation. The only loose areas (I've encountered) are the knee if it's bent all the way back (it droops down a bit) and the upper thigh can fall off easy. I set Priss up to fire her needle gun and Linna twisting to whip her helmet strands around. I think this is a good comparison shot to show the scale for all the Macross folks :D

dscf00115mv.jpg

Thanks for the pics. Finally, a good reference of how big or small these things are. They seem to be decent quality toys. However, at a sixty dollar price point I will probably pass. I am hoping the Yamato ones will come out soon, and even if they don't have the articulation that these have, I just want some BGC figures to stand up in my display case.

Is TMP Anime confused about these toys, or am I? TMP is using the same pictures for it's Yamato toys that HLJ is using for the Atelier Sai toys. They are all about $60 too.

TMP Priss...

http://www.tmpforums.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=2565

HLJ Priss...

http://www.hlj.com/product/ATS34347

TMP Linna...

http://www.tmpforums.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=2573

HLJ Linna...

http://www.hlj.com/product/ATS34348

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a mini-review of the Linna Yamazaki figure.

The figure comes with:

1) A stand with "Knight Sabers" written on the top surface in green, and "bagorugamu kuraishisu" written on the front side in red katakana (it also comes with numerous claws and stuff to hold her in pose).

2) two types of head ribbons. One type curves more than the other.

3) Closed gloved fist for the left hand (or was it the open hand? I fiddled with it a bit before putting everything away...).

4) Alternate hand for the right arm. The fingers are sticking out so that it's not in "punch mode".

5) Alternate head, it's Linna without the helmet!

Appearance:

It's overall very good. The paint job is great on mine. The green is almost a car finish dark green. The orange on the visor of her helmet is shiny (not as much as an orange car, a bit more subdued, more dull). The red on her shoulders, hips, and the bands on her legs are a nice deep red. The black parts are glossy, and the gray parts are only slightly shiny. The white has a little bit of shine and sparkle to it.

The figure just plain old looks great.

The helmet head sculpt is nice. It looks just like I remember it looking from when I watched the anime years ago (I haven't splurged and bought the DVDs). And the helmet-less head is an excelent sculpt. Unlike the Priss sculpt I was unsatisfied with, the Linna head sculpt looks like one of Sonoda's characters. The nose is just right, the eyes are the correct shape and style, her eyebrows aren't too thick, and the hairstyle is correct. It is Linna.

To switch heads rip off helmeted head with the neck. Ram Linna's fixed head and neck into the slot occupied by the helmeted head and neck.

To switch hands, pull off hand, replace with new hand. The right hand, the knuckle bomber hand, wouldn't come off because it was put on while the green paint in the arm was still wet, so I had to use a lot of force to pull it off.

Poseability:

Holy crap this figure is articulated! There are double articulations where the legs meet at the hips. The knees are ratcheted, but there is a swivel joint just before the knee so you can twist the lower leg and foot to pose. The waist has what I'm guessing is a ball joint, with a limited movement joint for the upper torso. The neck and head has limited movement. The elbows have very tight ratchet joints as well.

As you've seen from the pics of Priss, these figures are really poseable. My Linna can't stand well on her own because of the feet (jesus, high heel combat suits!!!). She can hold a pose with straight legs.

The only problems I've found with poseability is that her shoulders don't permit for much arm movement. Because of the type of joint it has you can't have her swivel her arms so that she makes a T shape. I know I'm not being all that clear, but let's just say that the 1/48 and 1/60 VF-1 valks have better arm poseability.

The other problem is that her left arm keeps falling off at a swivel joint just above the elbow. It's too loose. Her right arm is nice and tight though (may just be a QC issue on mine).

Overall: It's a great figure. From a rank of F to A+, I give it a B+. It's all plastic. For its price it could have had some metal parts to it to make it merit that $60-ish range. I picked mine up for 6825 yen at Kotobukiya, and the Priss figures sold out within a few days, with only one Linna figure left when I last went back before taking my flight back home.

However, ever since I watched BGC, I've waited for a good hardsuit figure to be made. Even with the left arm that falls off, and it needing a stand to keep it upright, it's still a great figure.

If I could go back in time, knowing what I know, would I buy it still? Yes. Do I recommend it to everyone? No. Get a BGC figure only if you really like that particular character and her hardsuit, and you don't mind paying a high price for glorified plastic. :)

The AS and Yamato ones are the same. I reviewed all of the pics in this thread of the Yamato toys to the already released AS toys. These are really overpriced for their size. The detail and poseability is great, but they're like GI Joe size. This makes it a hard decision on wether or not to buy.

The AS and Yamato ones are the same.  I reviewed all of the pics in this thread of the Yamato toys to the already released AS toys.  These are really overpriced for their size.  The detail and poseability is great, but they're like GI Joe size.  This makes it a hard decision on wether or not to buy.

322764[/snapback]

Confirming what you've deducted:

http://www.yamatotoysusa.com/

It's there on the front page, Atelier Sai sculpts. But the price... Blergh. I'm glad I picked up Linna with original Japanese packaging in Japan... $74 hurts more than what I paid.

The AS and Yamato ones are the same.  I reviewed all of the pics in this thread of the Yamato toys to the already released AS toys.  These are really overpriced for their size.  The detail and poseability is great, but they're like GI Joe size.  This makes it a hard decision on wether or not to buy.

322764[/snapback]

Confirming what you've deducted:

http://www.yamatotoysusa.com/

It's there on the front page, Atelier Sai sculpts. But the price... Blergh. I'm glad I picked up Linna with original Japanese packaging in Japan... $74 hurts more than what I paid.

322786[/snapback]

That's really odd. Usually the US release is cheaper. Wonder why this one's different.

Box all four figures together and sell the set for no more than $140 US and I'm all over it; but at $65-$80 a pop, once you add shipping, for tiny action figures of a mostly obscure Anime, I'll pass, no matter how articulated...it's impossible for me to justify the price on a bang-for-your-bucks basis. Too bad, they do look nice.

I am not sure if this has been posted yet here is a site with more pictures. they look very cool but i have to pass for $60.00, maybe if i can find them cheaper.

Bubblegum Crisis figures

Chris

If you look back a couple of pages, you will see different Yamato figures that are supposed to be from the Story Image Figure line. If they made them, they should release them some time in the future I am guessing. Probably waiting for all the AS figures to sell out first. I'll definitely be waiting. :)

Box all four figures together and sell the set for no more than $140 US and I'm all over it; but at $65-$80 a pop, once you add shipping, for tiny action figures of a mostly obscure Anime, I'll pass, no matter how articulated...it's impossible for me to justify the price on a bang-for-your-bucks basis.  Too bad, they do look nice.

322860[/snapback]

We must have different definitions of "obscure," but I agree they're priced out of my range.

Box all four figures together and sell the set for no more than $140 US and I'm all over it; but at $65-$80 a pop, once you add shipping, for tiny action figures of a mostly obscure Anime, I'll pass, no matter how articulated...it's impossible for me to justify the price on a bang-for-your-bucks basis.  Too bad, they do look nice.

322860[/snapback]

We must have different definitions of "obscure," but I agree they're priced out of my range.

322875[/snapback]

I'm guessing my "obscure" he means "The first anime to be subtitled specifically for anime fans, and one of the most popular anime series from the early days of American fandom." ;)

I'm really not a toy guy at all, but I love Bubblegum Crisis... so I'm currently trying to figure out if it's worth it to get all of them at once or wait and pick one up now and get the rest when I get a bit more money. Decisions, decisions...

Do'h!

I just saw that HLJ has the other BGC figures up for preorder. Unfortunately they are actually gashapon trading figures. They must be tiny to fit in those plastic capsules. On top of that, it is still sixty bucks for the set, and these are not posable. WTF Man! At first, I thought I would pay any price to finally get some BGC figures. However, there is a limit to how much I am willing to get screwed. Oh well, more money in my pocket.

:lol:

Do'h!

I just saw that HLJ has the other BGC figures up for preorder. Unfortunately they are actually gashapon trading figures. They must be tiny to fit in those plastic capsules. On top of that, it is still sixty bucks for the set, and these are not posable. WTF Man! At first, I thought I would pay any price to finally get some BGC figures. However, there is a limit to how much I am willing to get screwed. Oh well, more money in my pocket.

:lol:

322886[/snapback]

They're probably a little bigger than you think because they usually come disasembled.

• 5 weeks later...

to be honest i do not know, I am not to familiar with the toys. I saw the reveiw and pictures and knew you guys were talking alot about them, i figured you guys might like to see the pictures so i posted it. I am sure someone can tell you which one these are. I am pretty sure these are the Yamato ones.

chris

Edited by zeo-mare