Mari Ijima at MW Con 5

Aight guys finally a reply. She said that she is busy right now prepping for her trip to Tokyo. So she asked if she could send a serious reply when she returns. Of course I said take your time and that we await her reply.

At least it's not a "no" ... yet. ;)

One suggestion, perhaps Agent One should not be allowed to attend, or if he does, all door knobs should be removed prior to his arrival, to avoid any err....embarrasing incidents :lol:

I think there would be more of a danger of him ripping Mari in half like a phone book, just to prove how strong he is.

Man, no love for the east coast. <_<

One suggestion, perhaps Agent One should not be allowed to attend, or if he does, all door knobs should be removed prior to his arrival, to avoid any err....embarrasing incidents  :lol:

I think there would be more of a danger of him ripping Mari in half like a phone book, just to prove how strong he is.

Man, no love for the east coast. <_<

... or the Midwest! :p

No reply. Im thinking of sending her a letter

hmmm, i did some stalking and her site has a new little blog from the 13th. im pretty sure she has email/interent access in japan but she may be too busy doing the convention circuit to reply right now (we hope)

nick, how bout a new email with links to the past cons and some pics of village siena? i'm sure if she sees the place she'll be down. and if not we can print out some pics and bring her a village siena catalog at her next gig at a crappy dive. just punch me in the face if i accidentlly call her minmei.

Sorry JasonC but having MW Con 5 at some one;s back yard may be a bit creepy haha. (kinda like the movie Trekkies, "THis year was good cause a girl came")

LOL!

One suggestion, perhaps Agent One should not be allowed to attend, or if he does, all door knobs should be removed prior to his arrival, to avoid any err....embarrasing incidents :lol:

I can just see it now: -

Mari: Eww...what is that guy doing to that door knob over there? OMG that's sick, I'm outta here".

Graham

nah. she will see the greatness that is agent 1 and wish she was the doorknob.

• 3 weeks later...

SOL...I AM DOWN FOR THE 12TH....THAT A SUNDAY???? THATS IN CASE NOTHING HAPPENS WITH THE SINGER....OR SHE MIGHT WANT A DATE CHANGE.

YOU KNOW WHAT, I WILL KEEP BOTH WEEKENDS OPEN JUST IN CASE.

HEHEHE

Edited by MEMO1DOMINION

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok so here is an update. I'm in negotiations with her. It looks like she will make an apperance in the afternoon like 1 or 2. She is trying to set up a gig at Hotel Cafe or Genghis Kohens next to our event. So maybe Sometime early in the week. Anyway she hasnt said flat out no. So it looks promising :D

Ok so here is an update. I'm in negotiations with her. It looks like she will make an apperance in the afternoon like 1 or 2. She is trying to set up a gig at Hotel Cafe or Genghis Kohens next to our event. So maybe Sometime early in the week. Anyway she hasnt said flat out no. So it looks promising :D

yessss!!!!! :p:D:lol:

OK seriously. I am really going to try and come out there for this one. Problem is, I know phuck all about the LA area.

Airfare I can handle, and even lugging my ass to the airport etc, but can anyone recommend a decent hotel etc?. If it is too expensive, I might just make it a one day trip. I don't want to spend 200 bucks on a hotel room etc, but I also don't want to be in the projects.

I assume LAX is the correct airport to fly into?

Hotel/Lodging Recommendations??.

I hope my MW brethren won't steer me down the path to the ghetto. ;)

The closest airport would be the John Wayne Airport which is in a nice part of town... But I believe some people will be staying by the L.A. airport and some people will be up north in Burbank. I know some members work within the hotel industry, maybe if they can pull some strings they can send you a PM or something...

I see on her website she's scheduled a gig at the Hotel Cafe on June 18th. So that's great for all the guys flying in. You can see her perform the night before and then meet her at MWcon the next day.

I see on her website she's scheduled a gig at the Hotel Cafe on June 18th.  So that's great for all the guys flying in.  You can see her perform the night before and then meet her at MWcon the next day.
I'll do it. I'll be there around 1?

At the same time, I booked the hotel cafe for June 18 8PM.

And there is the answer folks. Shes coming to MWCon 5!!!!!!! oh yeah for you fellas coming in you should go and fill up the hotel cafe. If you want to go pm me.

Also most importantly we need to start taking preorders for tickets to MWcon. it will be $25 bucks flat. ANd $30 at the door.

You will get a Mari Ijima CD (not sure which one or what music is on it yet) and food. (we need someone to spearhead that part too)

So if your coming you gotta pay. Prepay is best so we can give Mari and idea of how many will be showing up. Pay pal me at acil_sakura@hotmail.com. Dont send credit card payments as I cannot accept them. Pm me if you got questions.

should we tell RT.com?

Edited by Solscud007

Oh man this is great news. I'll be definetly going with you -EXO-

And there is the answer folks. Shes coming to MWCon 5!!!!!!! oh yeah for you fellas coming in you should go and fill up the hotel cafe. If you want to go pm me.

Also most importantly we need to start taking preorders for tickets to MWcon. it will be $25 bucks flat. ANd $30 at the door.

You will get a Mari Ijima CD (not sure which one or what music is on it yet) and food. (we need someone to spearhead that part too)

So if your coming you gotta pay. Prepay is best so we can give Mari and idea of how many will be showing up. Pay pal me at acil_sakura@hotmail.com. Dont send credit card payments as I cannot accept them. Pm me if you got questions.

should we tell RT.com?

Man for the food just go to costco and buy like 20-40 pizzas for less than 10 bucks a piece unless you want everyone to get drunk and party!!!! But probably no drunkness allowed since its going to be at a nice place and we don't want to get kicked out for all the loud gawking at Mari :p

Dude tell rt.com??? :blink: your nuts what benifit will they bring to the get together :p hahah don't get there hopes up man j/k

more people the merryer

from Rich

wowsers!!! mari at Hotel Cafe.... i'm so down to go.... There's a super talented singer named Sara Barailles that i go to see there all the time....

but MWCon is on Sunday, June 19th??? DAMN IT!!! haha... that's my graduation date from UCLA..... i'll be walking down w/ a cap and gown in the morning..... i wonder if i'd have time to make it down... sigh... haha

Graduation is more important than an obsessive hobby... rite???

what time is MWCon scheduled for??

kiririth Posted on Apr 25 2005, 11:35 AM

wowsers!!! mari at Hotel Cafe.... i'm so down to go.... There's a super talented singer named Sara Barailles that i go to see there all the time....

but MWCon is on Sunday, June 19th??? DAMN IT!!! haha... that's my graduation date from UCLA..... i'll be walking down w/ a cap and gown in the morning..... i wonder if i'd have time to make it down... sigh... haha

But in order to graduate, you must learn to spell correctly.

Rite? :lol:

Edited by nightmareB4macross

kiririth Posted on Apr 25 2005, 11:35 AM

But in order to graduate, you must learn to spell correctly.

Rite? :lol:

indeed sir.... but my theory of college edumacation goes like this:

"B's and C's gets degrees..."

haha.... i spend too much time collecting instead of studying..... boo... after buying all my toys... i'll be more in debt when i get out of here.....

i still need a 1/48 roy!!! haha

and $25 for MWcon.... that'd be cool... if it came with the T-Shirt too... =]

ok all y'all need to stop whining. Yellow Lightman if you think you can do a better job go right ahead or dont come. You dont have to come. The food thing is secondary to Mari Ijima. Last year Memo did a great job. This year is up in the air. I am very busy with my full time job and studies, that saps all my time. I dont have much freetime to spend planning this out. Right now the only person helping me out is Exo and my gf. So if you have qualms about the con then please voulnteer instead of sitting on the sidelines complaining. If it wasnt for me there would be no con. Well maybe JasonC would have a BBQ again. But its more RT than MW.

The 25 is for mari ijima. 20 for her and 5 for food. Tshirts cost 12 bucks. There will be a shirt, but if you want it with the entrance fee fine the fee is 37. Happy now. Not that many people here are helping with this only a select few but if you want to help out and somehow make it cheaper go right ahead.

the con is tenatively starting at 10am. Mari is making her appearance at 1pm. So yeah I think you could make it. But meh. Graduation is just a meaningless ceremony. all that matters is "did you do the work and did you get a degree?"

Edited by Solscud007

I wish I could go to this. I live here on the sunny East Coast! DAMN! Are we allowed to buy a ticket to perhaps have the chance to get an autographed CD of her work? I just had to ask, but I am glad it has come together for everyone on this! I think I'll even send in a few bucks just to donate as an appreciation for those involved. Especially just as a thanks for those who make this and other great ideas / projects on this forum happen. Best of luck! :lol:

Edited by Ichiban

ok all y'all need to stop whining. Yellow Lightman if you think you can do a better job go right ahead or dont come. You dont have to come. The food thing is secondary to Mari Ijima. Last year Memo did a great job. This year is up in the air. I am very busy with my full time job and studies, that saps all my time. I dont have much freetime to spend planning this out. Right now the only person helping me out is Exo and my gf. So if you have qualms about the con then please voulnteer instead of sitting on the sidelines complaining. If it wasnt for me there would be no con. Well maybe JasonC would have a BBQ again. But its more RT than MW.

That still doesn't explain why it's $5 for those that don't pre-pay. What if somebody doesn't have (or doesnt wnat to use) Paypal? There's no logical reason for it being more if you don't prepay.

We need to prepay to give mari and idea of how many are coming. We promised at least 30. You dont have to use paypal. You can send a check if you would like. I just want people to preorder instead of straggling and say "oh I will pay at the door". I want the cash in hand for Mari.

That still doesn't explain why it's $5 for those that don't pre-pay. What if somebody doesn't have (or doesnt wnat to use) Paypal? There's no logical reason for it being more if you don't prepay.

Aside from the fact that every convention that has ever existed has offered cheaper prices if you paid up front. ;)

Aside from the fact that every convention that has ever existed has offered cheaper prices if you paid up front. ;)

For one, MWCon has never been a traditional 'convention,' and two I was just looking for clarification as to why it was more expensive if you didn't pay ahead of time. Just because everyone else does it, doesn't make it logical or right.

Anyways, Nick, I can't be of much use planning on the con since I'm in N. CA, but if you need people to help out the day of the con I'd be more than willing to pitch in and get there early to help you guys set up, or whatever else you might need.

Look what does it matter? Is it that hard or strenous to send money in advance? I want to show Mari something in good faith. I need Preorders to know that we held up our bargain. I dont want to wait til the last minute to find out that there arent enough people.

Edited by Solscud007

Hey Solscud, can I ask you a favor man? I won't be attending because I'll be in Yokosuka aboard the CV-63, so can I send you one of my Dixie Cups (Sailor hat) and have Mari autograph it for me please? I'll help with the shipping and handling when you mail it back to my home here. :unsure: