1/48 Two Seater Conversion Kits

Mechamaniac

The Virgin Road first (and only) appeared in episode 25, strangely titled - Virgin Road.. ;)

It's the episode where Max and Millia get married, and afterwards, they fly their VF-1D Virgin Road valkyrie through the honor guard of other VF-1D (headed) valks in Battroid mode firing their cannons in salute. Of course, through animefiend or intention, the brownies that are sporting D heads are single seaters...:lol:

Technically, they are both TV versions having both appeared in the TV series. However, the only real difference is the paint job.

And yeah, stop fooling yourself, you know you want one :lol:

Edited by Mechamaniac

Wait, if they just got married why would they call it "Virgin Road?" I mean, c'mon! :lol:

LoL, yeah...

I'm pretty sure that "Virgin Road" refers to the uncharted territory Max and Millia (and the Humans and Zentraedi) are embarking on due to the first union of human and alien.

Wait, if they just got married why would they call it "Virgin Road?" I mean, c'mon!  :lol:

LoL, yeah...

I'm pretty sure that "Virgin Road" refers to the uncharted territory Max and Millia (and the Humans and Zentraedi) are embarking on due to the first union of human and alien.

It is. Of course Millia is a virgin at the time. :rolleyes:

Max too ;)

U have to have a 1J for this to work dont u? So if i wanted to do it, to my low Viz, Id also have to get a custom cast 1J head?

No, you will be able to make this conversion kit work with ANY 1/48 Valkyrie.

The conversion kit will include a new VF-1D head along with the rest of the parts.

how hard will it be to change them over? im nrew to cuistomising Valks (In fact Ive never done it) so is it hard to disassemble and re-assemble them?

actually, its quite simple. i've fully taken apart atleast 4 or 5 of them and its pretty straight forward other than a couple of hidden screw in the legs. check the "how to customize" section for more details. :)

Just a quick bit on the Virgin Road thing:

While I've never heard it called that, in fact I've never heard it called anything, everyone in Japan calls the aisle that the bride walks down with her father to meet the groom the "virgin road." Hence the name of the episode.

We now return you to the topic of Cap's uber-cool mod that I'm kicking myself for not taking better care of my finances to afford. I mean, I could afford one, but it looks like most, if not all of my Yammies are in danger of falling on the auction block. Not much use it having a kit and nothing to use it on. Holding out against the wife as long as I can. :ph34r: Wish me luck.

While I've never heard it called that, in fact I've never heard it called anything, everyone in Japan calls the aisle that the bride walks down with her father to meet the groom the "virgin road." Hence the name of the episode.

Over here in the U.S. us Catholics call it the "yeah right in white... :rolleyes: "

Over here in the U.S. us Catholics call it the "yeah right in white... :rolleyes: "

LOL! You got that straight! :lol:

What I'm wondering is how the backpack for the VT-1 and VE-1 will fold up in battroid mode. Don't forget, the tailfins don't fold away like the regular VF-1. So how's the backpack supposed to support the weight of the fastpacks without the backpack folded all the way back? Does anyone here know how the 1/60's managed this?

Personally, if push came to shove, I'd have no problem if John fudged it and went the 1/55 route (just fold the wings away like a regular battroid). :)

Just reflecting back on this old post, I think that the tailfins have to be flat. Remember that the 1/48 has a little hinge to secure the backpack when the fighter mounts FAST Packs. How is it going to be secure when we do barrel rolls and stuff like that when the backpack is higher relative to the fighter?

What I'm wondering is how the backpack for the VT-1 and VE-1 will fold up in battroid mode.  Don't forget, the tailfins don't fold away like the regular VF-1.  So how's the backpack supposed to support the weight of the fastpacks without the backpack folded all the way back?  Does anyone here know how the 1/60's managed this?

Personally, if push came to shove, I'd have no problem if John fudged it and went the 1/55 route (just fold the wings away like a regular battroid).  :)

Just reflecting back on this old post, I think that the tailfins have to be flat. Remember that the 1/48 has a little hinge to secure the backpack when the fighter mounts FAST Packs. How is it going to be secure when we do barrel rolls and stuff like that when the backpack is higher relative to the fighter?

A little ingenuity could go a long way here. The 1/60 VT-1 and VE-1 have a little flap that comes down between the tail fins. The regular VFs have this flap too, but it doesn't fold down. No need for it to. However, it is there on the Elint and Super-O, and perhaps with a bit of adjustment the 1/48 hinge could meet up with that and hold the backpack in place?

Either way, I prefer accuracy with the 1/48ths.

What I'm wondering is how the backpack for the VT-1 and VE-1 will fold up in battroid mode.  Don't forget, the tailfins don't fold away like the regular VF-1.  So how's the backpack supposed to support the weight of the fastpacks without the backpack folded all the way back?  Does anyone here know how the 1/60's managed this?

Personally, if push came to shove, I'd have no problem if John fudged it and went the 1/55 route (just fold the wings away like a regular battroid).  :)

As I said in a previous post - it's up to the captain to make these design decisions, not us. Let the man work his magic, and we'll be surprised by the results ;)

Well, honestly with the VT & VE, there is at least some lineart to work from.

Check pages 310/311 of the Gold Book and you'll see what I mean, plenty of lineart for both designs including some pretty good shots of the backpack and tailfins.

Well, I guess I will be getting rid of my FAST Packs then. For sure he will make us some new ones. They're sold.

I'll be happy to take them off of your hands. :-D

Sorry, too late. Greedy Snip ordered like five.

• 4 weeks later...