Estimate Pricing Help Please

Nemesis

Hello guys,

I don't really post much but I do read up on all your very interesting post topics often. I wanted to know if you guys could help me out here. My cousin dropped by the other day and said that I could have his HCM: VF-1S Hikaru 1/100. The box is about C8.5 condition and the actual model or toy or whatever it really is, is about a good 9.5 condition. He kept very good care of it I'd say. All stickers and unapplied and model pieces still in the tree. The foam is actually in very good condition as well. (Don't ask me why he gave this to me, but he did mention it was because he knew I really like Macross a lot).

So, in any case. I want to know if you guys can help me estimate how much this HCM is worth?

Thank you! :D

I think we need to slow down on estimated pricing. I've seen some CRAZY pricing here in HK that is not the same as the rest of world and vice versa. It really depends on :

a) area you intend to sell to

b) if there are demands for it

Example: There is a mint SDF-1 here for sale on the forums for 900 USD! If you check ebay, in the USA, it may be worth a maximum of 500 USD yet MOST slightly yellowed but complete or minty white complete but beat boxed versions goes for 150-200 USD MAX. Average is ~ 100-120 USD.

I've also seen original mint Bandai / Takatoku Super O and Elints asking for 600-700 USD here but ebay says otherwise in the US.

So it really depends. You can ask for all you want but the demand will confirm the actual value of the item.

Edited by Neova

Well guys I really appreciate all your input. It wasn't because I wanted to sell my newfound "joy" (corny I know) but yea. I really appreciate it for being such a vintage item, especially a macross vintage. Well I do have the 1/48 yamato Hikaru 1S and the the 1J. Some models too. Not much of a collection right now, but I do cherrish what I do have. :p

My cousin dropped by the other day and said that I could have his HCM: VF-1S Hikaru 1/100.

Isn't the HCM a 1/72 scale? :blink:

The gears in xstoys head go, "wait a second, I don't have any HCM VF-1S that's in 1/100 scale. Is this a variant that passed me by? bah. No way. That's just not possible because I have everything. EVERYTHING!!!! MUWAAHAHAHAHAHA" <fiddles with his tread in one hand and plush valk in the other>

My cousin dropped by the other day and said that I could have his HCM: VF-1S Hikaru 1/100.

Isn't the HCM a 1/72 scale? :blink:

The gears in xstoys head go, "wait a second, I don't have any HCM VF-1S that's in 1/100 scale. Is this a variant that passed me by? bah. No way. That's just not possible because I have everything. EVERYTHING!!!! MUWAAHAHAHAHAHA" <fiddles with his tread in one hand and plush valk in the other>

"MUWAAHAHAHAHAHA" ...!!!!!! :p:D:lol:B))