NEW Official MPC Thread!!!

The bookends look good... I wonder if they are going to be that nice when they come out. The Glaug looks cool with the big hole on the side. I just wonder why they insist on using the bent fuselage on everything... :huh:

Somebody posted in the other thread, that they might be worried about the message "Actual product may vary."

If you look closely, it actually says "Actual product WILL vary". You can definitely be worried. ;)

Not getting my hopes up yet.

Edited by groucho

Somebody posted in the other thread, that they might be worried about the message "Actual product may vary."

If you look closely, it actually says "Actual product WILL vary". You can definitely be worried. ;)

Not getting my hopes up yet.

Who knows. Maybe this time the actual product may actually be worth the money we pay for it. -_-

Damn why can't Toynami beat Yamato to the punch and do a regult and glaug? Looking at that bookend makes me wish SOMEONE would do Zentraedi mecha.

actual product will vary -

means diecast content will be zero!

man, $80 for this thing that's the size of a superposeable?

I guess I will be buying only the blue one to match up with the tread.

we'll see if Toynami has learned anything from the past year or so.

Those are looking SWEET!!! :o

Too bad I don't have anymore room on my book case :angry:

those bookends are sweet! that looks like a VF-1S super poseable, right? Then where the heck did they get that Regult from!?

That has too mean that Toynami has the molds. Let's hope that enemy mecha will be around soon. :D

I REALLY love the details and the that action pose it too cool!

Edited by SDFcommander

mpcalphaprot.jpg

Personally, I'm underwhelmed. But (a) I'm not a big Mospeada fan and (b) it could just be the paint job. Let's see a comparison pic of a Gakken 1/35 and/or a 1/48 model.

Well, here are all the Gakkens (from Valkyrie Factory):

gsamson_alphas_soldier.jpg

Edited by ewilen

hellohikaru Posted on Oct 17 2003, 06:02 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't the rowboatech toys have the decal U.N.Spacy or they just really don't ? 

Huh? What exactly are you asking? If I understand you correctly, no not all Robotech toys have the UN Spacy (aka the RDF 'fighting kite'), only the Macross saga products do. In fact, the Mospeada mecha are marked with rather prominent at times Mars Base logos instead of REF insignia.

I might get one of these but definately not for 80 bucks.........

OMFG, look at that gaping seam down the center of the head! It's like the freakin' Grand Canyon! You could lose an F-150 Crew Cab in that bottomless crevase! It totally ruins the look of the toy for me.

Worst. Toy. Ever.

Ok, I'm done. :p

Oh thats too funny :lol:

I'd like to see more pics of the Legioss/Alpha. I'll most likely pick it up though.

Hopefully they'll start releasing mechs that haven't been released yet.

Tread/Beta

The little red Invid

Southern Cross Mecha

Macross enemy pods and suits

hellohikaru Posted on Oct 17 2003, 06:02 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't the rowboatech toys have the decal U.N.Spacy or they just really don't ? 

Huh? What exactly are you asking? If I understand you correctly, no not all Robotech toys have the UN Spacy (aka the RDF 'fighting kite'), only the Macross saga products do. In fact, the Mospeada mecha are marked with rather prominent at times Mars Base logos instead of REF insignia.

I might get one of these but definately not for 80 bucks.........

Not true. My old Hovertank toy has the kite on it and it's from the Southern Cross section of Robotech.

Those bookends rock, I'm thinking I might get those and rearrange my shelves to stow my macross DVDs between them.

Yep, the detail on those looks really awesome. BTW, in case you didn't see it in the Dealer Announcement Forum ('cause hardly anyone visits that one!), we've got the pre-orders for them available on our site. Not only that, we're offering a low price guarantee AND FREE SHIPPING. Here's the link:

Robotech Masterpiece Collection Bookend Set PREORDER

toy3260.jpg

Best Regards,

Tamim

The bookends look great, except for:

1) I only own 1 MPC

2) I don't think the Valkyrue and Regult are done to scale (nitpicky, yeah I know). :p

Well, you can always use them as, well, bookends! :D

To scale? Come on now, since when are bookends made to scale?

Yes the MPC FastPacks rule!!!!!!!!!

The Alpha also rock's the house. Stop complaining about it's size because the Beta fighter attached will make it the pefect size. Yes, you all wish that Japan could do this. Toynami calls you!!!!!!!!!!........so love it!!!!!!!!!!

Once again, it's all about ROBOTECH!!!!!!!!!!

Yes the MPC FastPacks rule!!!!!!!!!

The Alpha also rock's the house. Stop complaining about it's size because the Beta fighter attached will make it the pefect size. Yes, you all wish that Japan could do this. Toynami calls you!!!!!!!!!!........so love it!!!!!!!!!!

Once again, it's all about ROBOTECH!!!!!!!!!!

The problem is that the Tread (if it even comes out) only gives it extra size in fighter mode. In battroid mode (I forget what the term was for the legioss... armo diver?) the Legioss is all by its lonesome and is pretty tiny.

Armo-Soldier -> Battloid -> Battroid

Armo-Diver -> Guardian -> Gerwalk

Armo-Fighter -> Fighter -> Fighter

The size issue is a problem, but I don't mind it so much. The Legioss isn't that big, but is muscley where it counts.

The price to size ratio though...

Cyc

The problem is that the Tread (if it even comes out) only gives it extra size in fighter mode. In battroid mode (I forget what the term was for the legioss... armo diver?) the Legioss is all by its lonesome and is pretty tiny.

I'm pretty sure that the legioss and tread can stay connected in battloid. The tread becomes a big backpack :) serious

The problem is that the Tread (if it even comes out) only gives it extra size in fighter mode.  In battroid mode (I forget what the term was for the legioss... armo diver?) the Legioss is all by its lonesome and is pretty tiny.

I'm pretty sure that the legioss and tread can stay connected in battloid. The tread becomes a big backpack :) serious

So I've heard, but I don't remember ever seeing a picture of such a thing, and when I try to imagine it, it comes out all bizarre looking. The tread would make for one large backpack...

Several points:

1) I can't believe people are still bitching about the size. It's small because there is going to be a Beta. If it was bigger, there would be no Beta. Once you have the Alpha Beta combo it is going to look very sweet.

2) It says final product will vary because for one thing, it will not have that metallic coating.

3) It looks like the super poseables beause both are Alpha's. It's like saying the 1/48 VF-1 Yamato looks just like the 1/60 VF-1. Both are the same thing done at different scales with different features. The MPC will have more details like opening missile bays and transform. Whether not it is worth the price remains to be seen and will be a matter of opinion.

As long as it has a diecast content to make up for the size I'm sold. However I don't trust toynami after the MPC disapointment. I was looking forward to the MPC, I am no macross purest I go where the best toy takes me and that lead me to yamato in terms of macross products.(I don't worship the company, I realize it has its flaws but I still like what they give me) If the MPC proves to be a sub par toy, then I shall shell out and get a gakken. Hell even if it proves to be a great toy I still may shell out for a gakken. Heres what I hope. The MPC turns out very nicely, people buy it and love it. Gakken's drop to more affordable prices and I get to have all three mospeada Gakken Leigosses. and probably a blue and shadow robotech toynami Alpha, as well as a tread. Make note I said hope! Its still a long ways off.

Edited by GobotFool