NEW Official MPC Thread!!!

you guys think toynami can do this for us? :lol:;):p

ArmoredTread_DVD6bc.jpg

:blink:

:ph34r: WHAT IN THE H*&@L IS THAT?! :wacko:

I brought this up a while ago...old board I think.

Anyway, it is from the Japanese release LD or DVD liner notes from years ago...if I remember correctly.

I have the updated 'Gosu' as well, but from what I understand that is it...or at least all anyone around then was aware of.

-if anyone has higher res. scans, those would be much appreciated of course.

post-26-1102562139_thumb.jpg

Edited by Phyrox

I was able to return my busted arm Alpha last week and got a new one yesterday. While nothing has falled off (yet) the legs will not come all the way out and the arms when in figher mode, do not connect with the legs very well.

F Toynami.

What the hell kinda QC does that company have????

these guys have GOT too get thier act together..

i just sent back my 2nd bernard due too flaws...

and this time....i requested that they PERSONALLY INSPECT my replacment too avoid me shipping back dud after dud after dud... :angry::angry::angry:

but these guys are very responsive and apologetic....so i can't really bitch ;)

...they were just asking for trouble by calling them "masterpiece"and charging$$$$$$. <_<

i'll do anything for perfect legioss!!!! :blink:

Hey Feyd, what number was the one you sent back? I just got my Alpha in the mail, and was originally planning on keeping it closed away until Xmas for myself, but I might open it up and inspect it to see if the QC is crap. Mine is 5919

well i just emailed toynami about a replacement i hope i can get a good one, the one i had was very nice no problems except i broke the hand on it, (to fragile) but it was my fault. of course the one i will get back will have a fixed hand but naturally a horrible paintjob loose legs and arms and a whole bunch of other stupid things :p

Edited by zeo-mare

well i just emailed toynami about a replacement i hope i can get a good one, the one i had was very nice no problems except i broke the hand on it, (to fragile) but it was my fault. of course the one i will get back will have a fixed hand but naturally a horrible paintjob loose legs and arms and a whole bunch of other stupid things :p

Why didn't you just send off the hand for replacement; that's what I did when I broke the right leading edge winglet that folds around the cockpit on the first time I tried to transform the Rook Alpha (entirely my fault since I was tired, impatient, and exerted too much force to release it from its position in fighter mode).

I attempted to repair it by pinning the broken pieces together with a couple of 1/4 inch sections of paper clip wire and some plastic cement; however, even though the repair was successful and the break seam almost undetectable, the plastic weld I used had no effect on the part's material and I did not wish to use CA glue because of its hazing effects. So, I sent Toynami an email explaining what happened and that I didn't want to return the whole toy, just the broken piece, as I had an otherwise near perfect example on hand. Toynami's response was immediate and very accommodating to my request.

In short, my advice to anyone who bought an Alpha with a single defect or broken piece, but that is otherwise more than acceptable, just send back the troublesome item, if at all possible, and save yourself the extra shipping (I paid about $1.40 by USPS first class mail with delivery confirmation from CT to CA).

Hope this will be useful to others in the future.

Cheers

Edited by mechaninac

After a few days now I'm still happy with mine.  However, I transformed it to aircraft mode last night and as I was moving it around a heard a small rattling sound.  Then out of nowhere a very tiny plastic washer fell into my hand.  I have no idea what part of the toy shrugged off this piece, but I have a bad feeling that I will find out the next time I transform it... :ph34r:

It really is a shame to read all these bad reports.  A certain level of flaws in the run of a toy is understandable, but from what I've read here and on other boards, it really does seem to be the majority of these toys that are flawed in one way or another.

I have little understanding of the legal world, so this may sound like a foolish idea, but is there any way all the people with obvious QC problems can get together and form a class action suit against Toynami for selling such a flawed product, especially at such a high price?

Look at my pic on page 74 and you'll see where that washer goes. It's a massive design flaw that should have never been made. The washer pops out during T-formation. This is why everyone has floppy arms. The washer needs to be glued onto the post on the bicep. I did this and no more flopy right arm.

Ah, I remember that picture now. Is the bicep easy to take apart?

Mine came apart pretty easily but it already had a big gap in it. You may be able to put the washer back in without taking it apart though. If you lift up the dicast piece and flip up the tail fin you can see where the washer goes. I think you could use some forceps or tweezers and alot of patience to get it back in.

edit: got bored and drew a diagram.

i tried it that wya . did not work. the peg is easily removed. just take it out. put the washer back in. and wedge it back in. the red part might open up slightly but it is easy to push it back into place.

ali

Why didn't you just send off the hand for replacement; that's what I did when I broke the right leading edge winglet that folds around the cockpit on the first time I tried to transform the Rook Alpha (entirely my fault since I was tired, impatient, and exerted too much force to release it from its position in fighter mode).

I attempted to repair it by pinning the broken pieces together with a couple of 1/4 inch sections of paper clip wire and some plastic cement; however, even though the repair was successful and the break seam almost undetectable, the plastic weld I used had no effect on the part's material and I did not wish to use CA glue because of its hazing effects. So, I sent Toynami an email explaining what happened and that I didn't want to return the whole toy, just the broken piece, as I had an otherwise near perfect example on hand. Toynami's response was immediate and very accommodating to my request.

In short, my advice to anyone who bought an Alpha with a single defect or broken piece, but that is otherwise more than acceptable, just send back the troublesome item, if at all possible, and save yourself the extra shipping (I paid about $1.40 by USPS first class mail with delivery confirmation from CT to CA).

Hope this will be useful to others in the future.

Cheers

thanks i will give it a shot. does anyone know how to get the hands off? i do not want to break it any further.

thanks

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

i wish yamato had mospeada rights :(:(:(

Why? They wouldn't do anything with them. I'm glad that an American company - one that has incentive to use it - has the license. Yamato stuff may be of a bit higher quality, but if they had the license, you wouldn't be seeing any new Mospeada stuff at all I wager.

ya...I don't get why Mospeada and its designs weren't/aren't more popular in Japan...*

I hear what you are saying though, I am not dissatisfied with my Alphas, but I KNOW they could be better.

* - I have read someplace that it has to do with its unfortunate time-slot, but in the DVD liner notes one of the creators debunks this notion.

It's possible that they'll be using these for the new RT series, I know they already have the unused Inbit lined up.

Don't bet on it. While HG claims broader Macross rights, with Mospeada they still seem to be playing by the old rules. Everything that came after they signed the inital agreement with Tatsunoko, most notably Love Live Alive, isn't fair game.

Same reason HG's VF-4-X looks like the early Macross Perfect Memory version and not the later ones.

That doesn't preclude them talking to the artist and getting the rights though...

Cyc

It's possible that they'll be using these for the new RT series, I know they already have the unused Inbit lined up.

Don't bet on it. While HG claims broader Macross rights, with Mospeada they still seem to be playing by the old rules. Everything that came after they signed the inital agreement with Tatsunoko, most notably Love Live Alive, isn't fair game.

Same reason HG's VF-4-X looks like the early Macross Perfect Memory version and not the later ones.

That doesn't preclude them talking to the artist and getting the rights though...

Cyc

As far as the Inbits it's already been said by Tommy Yune at a local signing that they'll be using certain unused designs.

As for the others, that's why I said it was possible. I'm still crossing my fingers for that Mospeada pefrect Collection he was talking about.

As far as the Inbits it's already been said by Tommy Yune at a local signing that they'll be using certain unused designs.

Yes... and those designs predate both the show and the contract I was talking about, thus are fair game :)

Cyc

i wonder about possible unseen cyclone varients in this new series..it would give toynami/hg more milage out of their upcoming cyclone line ;):huh:;)

i say...bring it on! :rolleyes:

I can imagine what a disaster Toynami's upcoming Cyclones are gonna be. We all know their track record and, with the much more intricate design of the Cyc, there is plenty of room for error. I predict a floppy pile of mispainted parts masquerading as a toy.