NEW Official MPC Thread!!!

i have to say that it looks very nice so far, i am looking forward to the final painted version and the reviews though

i have to say that it looks very nice so far, i am looking forward to the final painted version and the reviews though

ditto! they look very nice.

but seeing as how some of their other prototypes looked ok, i'll wait for someone to get one first and review it.

my luck, i'll get a Voltron where all the legs won't retract right or something.

The Voltron looks nice, but not $200 nice.

DAMN THEM!! I just purchased this one for $50 'cause i figured that'd be about as cheap as it got. Wouldn't you know it??? Well I guess I know what I'm going to wait for when the green one comes out. $80 might be ludicrous for this toy but it's definitely worth $40 IMHO. Then again, i haven't seen my red one yet.

Gamestop.com has the MPC Rook on sale for 39.99. Just got one today from an actual store for the same price.

thanks, I just ordered one Online, but it says they are backordered, hopefully they get more soon.

And here I am thinking I got a deal buying a Red Alpha for $54 shipped on ebay a couple days ago.

And here I am thinking I got a deal buying a Red Alpha for $54 shipped on ebay a couple days ago.

Yeah you and me both. Did you get yours from bantha trader? I opened my rook and found out the tires are in crappy shape. i.e. missing chunks of tire on the rear landing gear. I was happy with the Scott Alpha but not with Rook. My opinion of Toynami is taking a nose dive.

Yeah you and me both. Did you get yours from bantha trader? I opened my rook and found out the tires are in crappy shape. i.e. missing chunks of tire on the rear landing gear. I was happy with the Scott Alpha but not with Rook. My opinion of Toynami is taking a nose dive.

I actually got mine fron toynk. It was on saturday, so I haven't gotten it in yet. As long as I can pose it nicely in battroid I'll be happy. I'll leave the red morpher in fighter at it's feet.

Edited by Anubis

I just got one from a Gamestop store. Got it home to find it had obviously been opened before. Removed it to find it broke in box. Wonderful. I was already shipping one to Toynami... now I'll be shipping two. <_< Hope the other one i have coming turns out better.

I just got one from a Gamestop store. Got it home to find it had obviously been opened before. Removed it to find it broke in box. Wonderful. I was already shipping one to Toynami... now I'll be shipping two. <_< Hope the other one i have coming turns out better.

No wonder it's selling for $39.99. I wont go there. :o

I wouldn't worry about online orders. I get the feeling mine was used as a display item and then put back in the box. They also had a VFA-6H that was clearly opened and they were the last two left. I just called just about the entire SF Bay Area looking for a place to exchang it with and none of 'em have it anymore. Darn. <_<

Seems like lance alpha, green one, is out.

Pics anybody?

Graham

this guy has some pics for his ebay auction so it looks like it is out already, i am going to wait for the reveiws first.

ebay pic MPC

chris

They're starting to appear on ebay.

something tells me there is no difference between any of them when it comes to bugs, it has not been that long since the red one was released on the market and from what i see the blue and red are about the same in terms of QC.

chris

something tells me there is no difference between any of them when it comes to bugs, it has not been that long since the red one was released on the market and from what i see the blue and red are about the same in terms of QC.

chris

It's all a matter of timing. The first two production runs of any products are likely to be buggy; this is because, in business operations terms, I would at least want 2 runs to be ready to meet potential consumer demand.

It's at the 3rd production run that they tend to start fixing bugs. Remember, this is material production, not IT applications, so there is some time lag involved. This is in general, not specifically aimed at Toynami or any company.

IIRC, the Yamato 1/60 line also had a similar pattern to this -- their initial releases had issues with the leg pegs, which they took some time to fix but was eventually released.

Of course, this is assuming that the company is willing to spend the money to fix the molds. Given the Yamato released more variants of the VF-1 than Toynami ever would release variants of the Alpha (and thus more in Yamato's interest to get the mold right), I also think it's highly unlikely that Toynami would fix any of the bugs.

yeah..my yamato 1/60's have many QC errors!!!!!!!!

the dirty paint..paint chips..glue marks...FINGERPRINTS!!!!!! :angry:

i feel like people are somehow much more forgiving too yamato...when in reality..all their offerings have bad Q.C.! <_<

and price...1/48's are NOT CHEAP! :unsure:

everybody bitchs about high priced MPC ...the fuggin 1/48 runs twice the cost!

yeah it may be twice as big...but that certainly doesn't make yamato a bunch of saints! :ph34r:

The QC problems pail in comparison to that of the MPCs, at least from what I have seen. The worst Yamato problems I have seen are paint issues for the most part. Any loose joints are normally easily fixed with a little work. The MPCs however suffer from terrible problems that are not easy to fix. Some of these problems may be design issues but their items are just more shoddy than Yamato's.