NEW Official MPC Thread!!!

Not rweally a ryumor it was a blurb from BBTS. Whom I trust a lot. They just said there would be more coming in and i wouldnt be surprised if it got another production run. they never said it was limited and its cheap to produce.

They've got a pre-order up for the VF-1J Fast Packs w/ November delivery.

...to stop me from emailing them every hour on the hour...

hmmm, that could be why.

I know that I certainly don't subscribe to the "squeeky wheel gets the oil" philosophy, and it's quite possible that some in Toynami's returns dept. don't either.

I don't believe in "the squeaky wheel" theory but I sure as hell believe in the "I'm pissed to Kansas and back over your crap ass toy you bastards" theory.

If they are going to dick me around like some whiny teenager then I'm going to fire back at them with both barrels. When a company avoids you just because they don't like your tone that is a surefire sign that they have no interest in keeping me as a customer or satisfying their customers. The way to calm a russled customer = treat them kindly and with respect. If they had done that from the beginning they would not have the dogs on them now.

Plus a kind member of the board gave me their phone number so now the direct approach begins. The way it is in my mind now they have my toy that I paid for and I want either a good one back or I'm taking $79.99 plus double shipping out of their asses. :angry:

If anyonre cares (which no one does at this point) Toynazi has yet to ship my replacement. Outside of one short email to stop me from emailing them every hour on the hour I have received bupkis.

Wurst... company... everrrrrr! <_<

Hrm... I emailed them on Monday, and they replied back saying mine had already shipped and sent me a tracking number. :huh:

Finally got ahold of some real people today and they are finally ironing things out for me. Seems my little pack in letter I sent with my return was one of "many" (their words not mine). They also let me know that a few people in their "customer service" department have been in trouble over their dealings with some people... I think they just said that because my name came up on their screen when they were talking to me and it had like ten little satan heads next to it. So long story short my exchange is set to ship today and I'll have it soon they said.

When I pressed them about the quality level of their products they made several hints to this being almost an epidemic, using words like "common", "bad issues" and "regretable". They assured me the next release would be much better checked over and that they are trying to address the issues brought to their attention. The guy I had contact with was more than happy to address most of my questions and treated me with respect, for a change. I feel this is a first step to calming me down in this matter and when I get my replacement toy if it is better in quality then I may just shut up about this finally.

All it takes is one courteous and understanding person at a company's customer service department to avoid all these problems.

Plus a kind member of the board gave me their phone number so now the direct approach begins.

Geee.... who'd go and do a crazy thing like that? :unsure::unsure: ............ :ph34r:

simply, a GOOD SAMARITAN!

I've been called alot of things but that's a new one. :lol:

Shaking the trees is what I do for a living so it was the least I could do for my MW bro. ;)

This is something I don't get. When Toynami released the VF-1 series, many retailers carried the product and seemingly got burned. The Rick Hunter might have sold well, but everything else sold for half or below half of MSRP. So now the new Alpha is out, and I remember checking with Toynami a while back who said the wholesale price of the Alpha was around $50.00. Considering that the Ebay price has now dropped to $67.00, and people are still having a tough time moving these things, why do retailers continue to stock Toynami toys? The price for Scott's Alpha may stabilize around the $60.00 mark, but I really don't see Rook or Lancer Alphas going for more than $50.00. Take into account all the expenses the retailers have to put in to sell these things, and suddenly they are only breaking even or operating at a very slight profit (or potentially loss).

People talk about consumers making a stand against Toynami, but I wonder when the retailers will finally take a stand too. The impression I get is that Toynami is the only one really generating a profit here. Maybe one of the retailers of Toynami toys can explain this to me.

Yes the Alpha MPC have went way below retail price of 79.99

Why you ask? Because it sucks! Toynami has trouble selling these so they have to compromise by lowering their prices. Statistics and numbers don't lie. If Toynami had the chance to get 3 million for one of the Alpha MPC's they would but they can't. So there you have it. Spend your money wisely......

Yes the Alpha MPC have went way below retail price of 79.99

Why you ask? Because it sucks!

The Alpha has a 1/3 defect rate according to our poll, but the other 2/3's say it doesn't suck. In fact, most people who get one with no major defects say they're happy with it, so the only issue I see is a quality control one at the plant.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=10384

Edited by Pat S

This is something I don't get. When Toynami released the VF-1 series, many retailers carried the product and seemingly got burned. The Rick Hunter might have sold well, but everything else sold for half or below half of MSRP. So now the new Alpha is out, and I remember checking with Toynami a while back who said the wholesale price of the Alpha was around $50.00. Considering that the Ebay price has now dropped to $67.00, and people are still having a tough time moving these things, why do retailers continue to stock Toynami toys? The price for Scott's Alpha may stabilize around the $60.00 mark, but I really don't see Rook or Lancer Alphas going for more than $50.00. Take into account all the expenses the retailers have to put in to sell these things, and suddenly they are only breaking even or operating at a very slight profit (or potentially loss).

People talk about consumers making a stand against Toynami, but I wonder when the retailers will finally take a stand too. The impression I get is that Toynami is the only one really generating a profit here. Maybe one of the retailers of Toynami toys can explain this to me.

no. they have buy it now for 73 and 10 dollqr shpping. add them up. most retailers sell at 80 with free shipping. which one is the better deal??

no. they have buy it now for 73 and 10 dollqr shpping. add them up. most retailers sell at 80 with free shipping. which one is the better deal??

who told you this? If true that sucks for the retailers. NO wonder none of them are doing the 2 month discount yet.

retailers carry stuff that they take a loss on all the time, its called a "loss leader". just like when you go into a music store and they got the top 10 albums for $11.99. the music store isn't really making any profit but they hope you come in to buy other CD's. go look at the regular(old) CD and you'll see the price is probably around $18-. they just want to lure you in then buy something else, thats where their profit comes from.

I finally got one of the Scott Bernard Alpha Fighters...

Here's the deal with the one that I got.

No Paint issues, nothing broken or damaged. The toy is in good shape and I really like it.

As most people have pointed out it looks good in all modes.

A few little nit picky things about this toy is that he is a little floppy at the knees, one of the little tabs that attach the wings to the nose of the plane doesn't fit perfectly and comes out, and the arms didn't sit flush onto the body of the plane in fighter mode (mayby when I transform it back to fighter mode I can transform it correctly so they do).

Overall the toy is satisfying and I am very happy with my purchase. It really is a fine toy.

There's a lot of stickers that are in the instructions. Just thought some of you might have some good ideas for the little white danger and no step signs since some of you have actually been around fighter planes.

I can't believe how much better this alpha looks with the sticker on it.

There's a lot of stickers that are in the instructions. Just thought some of you might have some good ideas for the little white danger and no step signs since some of you have actually been around fighter planes.

Put em along the edges of the wings and aywhere else that doesn't look like it'd support much weight.

wrong place. . . :blink::huh::unsure:

Edited by DARKWIND

Just in case anyone is still reading this thread here is my final update:

Got my replacement toy last week and tah dah! Guess what? This one is a piece of crap too. Not nearly as many issues as my original toy but the thing is still gaps aplenty, loose as paris hilton on a bender and still very, very. very far below the quality I was expecting for this toy. At least the replacement I got was not as bad as the original and for that Toynami gets let out of my sights for the moment... but I will never buy their junk again. I don't care if they come out with the next best thing since sliced bread, they have pissed me off into levels of pissed off that I only thought Sam Kinneson could attain.

... and just to leave on a high note:

smsam.jpg

OHH! OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH! Toynami this thing is a piece of SSHHHHHIIIIIIII OOOOOOOOOOOOH! OOOH OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!!!!!!

Nope, I've had my fill of crappy toys crushing my boyish dreams of fun.

They could make a Tread and Alpha double this size for a nickel and I's still be very very wary. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

... I could make a joke there... let's just let that one move on shall we... :lol:

There's a lot of stickers that are in the instructions.  Just thought some of you might have some good ideas for the little white danger and no step signs since some of you have actually been around fighter planes. 

Here is a pic of my Alpha in fighter mode. I posted it before, but if you look at the wings you can see where I put my "No Step" stickers. What you can't see are the "No Step" stickers on the white sections of the flaps.

105alpha_fighter_1a.jpg

The stickers make a big difference.

I'm going to have to post some new pics. I outlined the yellow lights on the shoulders you see here in black just like in the anime. It's a little touch that makes a big difference. It's a wonder why Toynami did not do it. Oh well.

JsARCLIGHT,

All I can say is sorry man :(

Edited by SDFcommander

There's a lot of stickers that are in the instructions.  Just thought some of you might have some good ideas for the little white danger and no step signs since some of you have actually been around fighter planes. 

Here is a pic of my Alpha in fighter mode. I posted it before, but if you look at the wings you can see where I put my "No Step" stickers. What you can't see are the "No Step" stickers on the white sections of the flaps.

105alpha_fighter_1a.jpg

The stickers make a big difference.

I'm going to have to post some new pics. I outlined the yellow lights on the shoulders you see here in black just like in the anime. It's a little touch that makes a big difference. It's a wonder why Toynami did not do it. Oh well.

JsARCLIGHT,

All I can say is sorry man :(

I agree with the outline on yellow... it's really very essential. It is as important as the black disc with a white line on valkyries. Must be accurate.

Hey Graham, are you still keeping track of MPC Alpha casualties?

Better put me in the list, the sensor hatch broke during transformation. :(

And there's a whole slew of other problems that I thought I'd post here.

Here's what I found on mine:

1) very loose joints - the floppy limbs syndrome <_< Except for the left leg.

2) two tabs are missing - now I don't know about the rest of you out there, since none had mentioned it, but maybe some or all of you can attest or comfirm.

According to the instruction manual there are supposed to be two tabs, one on each wing, for the arms to snap onto. :huh:

There's a picture of these tabs, in Step 1: Transformation - Fighter to Guardian, 1) says "Detch arms from wings and legs", and it shows a close up picture, box 1 with two orange circles around the tabs for the legs and tabs for the wing.

Well, when I examine the wing, not only are the tabs missing, but there is no evidence to sugest that these tabs were present in the molds. The holes for these tabs are still in the arms, which makes me conclude that this may have been a mold change? :huh:

The number of my MPC is 4235, so can someone confirm on thiers if it's present, or if you have an earlier one if it's there or not?

Thanks! :D

3) one of the shoulder missile hatches are extremely loose and feel/appear fragile, just like other MPC's

4) the arm missiles are half showing like everyone elses

5) problems with keeping one of the arms in a closed state in fighter mode

6) FINGER PRINTS?! :ph34r::angry: - yes, someone with gluey fingers has left their gluey mark on the outside side of one of the arms in fighter mode. Although it appears that an attempt to clean it off was made, since I can see very little of the print, but the glue stains are still there. <_<

7) :angry: I personly think this is the worst of them all - the shoulder cannon has scrapes and scratches on one side and glue stains!! :angry: So this is what I think may have happened; my gluey finger assembler(from before) has put a very bad gluey finger print on the cannon, and tried to fix this problem by, maybe using a hobby knife, scrape and scratch off the evidence of his/her clumsy "accident". But the evidence is still present. :angry:

That's it for the QC issues other than minor painting quarks, and flaking(especially the fore-arm hatches to store the hands).

Now, the ones I listed aren't casualties, except maybe # 7. But I'll leave that up to you Graham.

I've sent mine back some time ago, and still waiting. I'll let you know if I got a better or worse or the same when it arrives. Hopefully some time this week. <_<

I have got to stop looking at it. I want it but not for $80. But the more I look at it the more I don't care about the money. Help me out guys, should I get the Alpha or the Valk stand?

I have got to stop looking at it. I want it but not for $80. But the more I look at it the more I don't care about the money. Help me out guys, should I get the Alpha or the Valk stand?

I'd say get one, see how it is, then decide if you want to get any more. Me? I'll probably skip the red/green and just get the Shadow and Beta (if they make the Beta).