NEW Official MPC Thread!!!

though MPC defender and lover i still am i must admit my rick version is pissing me off.

I mean dear god. Over tiem the legs have gotten loose...actually been loose and the paint job sucks balls not to mention the stickers suck like hell and the FINGERS AND AHDNS

man

I still lvoe it noethekless but my BEEn MPC outshines it ists pitiful.

I cna only hope the fkker version is much better. anyone care to commentÀplease? s the fokker version looser then ben or rick?if so screw it

anyways i have been falling back in love with bandai. sure it cant move its hands or fingers. sure its colossoal in chunjkiness but i love it.

as i child i always knew this to bt ehte definite valk. jetfire works wonders

i loved the chubnjkiness that it has that niether toynami nor yamato has captured. I love how even if it can't move the hands its so bad ass that it can hold a good pose without a damn limp wrist. something whioch irke me ahout them damn MPCs which i stil like

man bandai owns

I guess ill be gettin skull leader sooner than i thought.

Has anyone taken a knife to one to see if a somewhat accurate fighter can be made (shortening transformed legs and arms)?

I am temped, but I only have one...

Nope, I gave mine away. I gotta admit though, it was a pretty cool toy. If you wanna try modding yours, I say go right on ahead. Since Toynami will be releasing box sets of the alpha morphers this winter, the prices for the single morphers will probably drop. So now's the best time to experiment.

Apollo Leader: Ahh, ok, I see where you're coming from. Good point, but it's also possible that the people who have broken the fingers are more inclined to sell their HCM's. And, perhaps, those with intact HCM's are less willing to part with theirs? :)

I will admit to having all of the MPCs released thus far... I must have gotten lucky with my Rick Hunter, cuz I don't have any really bad issues with it. It's "pretty" tight, (no floppy leg), and the paint only has one little spot of overspray.

The Ben MPC was a definite improvement thought... THEN, I honestly think they took a step BACK when they released the Roy MPC. The first one I got was really loose, and seemed to be made of two different colored plastics! Specifically, the little hatch where you put the head through when transforming was a "whiter" plastic than the rest of the chest plate and back plate. So in fighter mode it looked ridiculous... So I sent it back. I got another one, and it was much better, but IMO still not as good as the Ben.

The Max and Miriya on the other hand were pretty flawless as far as the MPCs go. They are most definitely the best made ones by far.

So there ya have it. :p

Not really an MPC related comment, but it's Toynami related....

I picked up a pair of Alpha Superposeables on the weekend, and I was fairly impressed. The paint was decently applied, joints were pretty tight and the seams looked good. Are the latest of the MPC Very-teks made to similar QC standards? I'm hoping that the MPC Alpha will be at least similar in construction and detailing.

Just got my Miriya MPC today after work, and I'll say it's nice, very tight joints, very stiff...not difficult to shift the chest area down and up like my Max, but the right leg is sorta a bum, the magnet was places to high and wont keep the right leg up....sad sad sad...

Also, might not be able to customize it cause I don't got the right screw driver :( I tried just a flat head and it's eating the screw up big time, only got one out alright, the second one is a problem. But it is rather nice.

i understand the HCMs being george sohns fav valks.

I can understand his ultimate version of a valk was HCm in 1/55 scale. its pretty obvious if you think about it.

What i DONT understand is this.

why did toynami niot..

-retain the HCMs superior battroid proportions?

-retain the balanced non ass tilted to the sky look?

-retain the ability to go to battroid, sweep wings back, and hold missles(check bandai section of this site and see it can DO THAT!!)

-TIGHTEN the ratchets for consistent qquality and tightness? I could car eless about overpary mismatched lines and all that otehr crap but come ON the actual toy has weak rathceting on a lot of the MPCs aside form max!! one miriya was even missing magnets!! and hikuros has one misalgihend

man i hope bandai just reissues the HCMs somehow

its common knowledge damaged molds i mean

tos with damaged molds can still be reissued

sounbdwage was well KNOWN to have damaged molds.

but now hes the latest issue.

but aside ofmr that bandai doesnt do much in amcros anymore anyways

but i till hope next year we at LEAST get HCMs.

they need to get reissued!!

they were only issued once durinigf the 80s and are a PINNACLE in valk enginneering!!

befor ehte 1/48 this was it!!!!!

and ye i still love chunky monkey!!!thankfully HCM retains its bulkiness!

i understand the HCMs being george sohns fav valks.

I can understand his ultimate version of a valk was HCm in 1/55 scale. its pretty obvious if you think about it.

What i DONT understand is this.

why did toynami niot..

-retain the HCMs superior battroid proportions?

-retain the balanced non ass tilted to the sky look?

-retain the ability to go to battroid, sweep wings back, and hold missles(check bandai section of this site and see it can DO THAT!!)

-TIGHTEN the ratchets for consistent qquality and tightness? I could car eless about overpary mismatched lines and all that otehr crap but come ON the actual toy has weak rathceting on a lot of the MPCs aside form max!! one miriya was even missing magnets!! and hikuros has one misalgihend

man i hope bandai just reissues the HCMs somehow

its common knowledge damaged molds i mean

tos with damaged molds can still be reissued

sounbdwage was well KNOWN to have damaged molds.

but now hes the latest issue.

but aside ofmr that bandai doesnt do much in amcros anymore anyways

but i till hope next year we at LEAST get HCMs.

they need to get reissued!!

they were only issued once durinigf the 80s and are a PINNACLE in valk enginneering!!

befor ehte 1/48 this was it!!!!!

and ye i still love chunky monkey!!!thankfully HCM retains its bulkiness!

holy cow, are you drunk man :blink: I cant follow

lol naw man jsut venting i suppose lol either that or it was altenight when i posted

basically its this.

me asking why toynami did not bring all the POSITIVE qualities of the HCM into the MPC.

its obvious they were trying to make a BETTER BIGGER HCM under the MPC monniker.

but . Though I love how most of the details are painted on the MPC and how its /55 scale.

the weak racheti9ng and the ass tilted up duck ass fighter mode combined with the fact that it cant swing its wings back in battroid holding missles really pisses me off.

HCm is a legend on its own. Now lets see bandai reissue its tiny ass back into our hands

yes i like the idea of a 1.72 VF-1 jsut for the novelty of it having good enginnerring bite i mean in a small size.

MPC is good toy overall. but lacking in many respects. I now think that other than aesthetics for decals and paint, the HCm is the SUPERIOR toy.

I dont have any experience with the HCM just the HCM (HiComical....) I really like my MPC's, probably from the deal I got on them. I like the fastpacks also (even though I have 1/48's, I still like the MPC's) B)

I own 3 mpc's (2 more on the way soon), and I just love them, I like them better than the 1/60 I have.

Care to give us your reasons, Ladic?

(not that I'm gonna hurt you for them or anything, I also like the MPC) B)

I paid half for it than I paid for the yamato, so for the Price and the fact that it's alot easier to transform, plus the little details, I like it better.

That's a new one. :D

I have heard people say that they like the MPCs... Myself included.. BUT, I've never heard anyone say they like them better than the Yamato 1/60s.

But when the Alphas come out?.... hmmmm..... :unsure:

That's a new one. :D

I have heard people say that they like the MPCs... Myself included.. BUT, I've never heard anyone say they like them better than the Yamato 1/60s.

But when the Alphas come out?.... hmmmm..... :unsure:

Never even saw a 1/60 and dont care too, Ill stick to my yammie 1/48's, MPC 1/55's (including alphas and whatever they want to release), my 1/35 Alphas, and my Gakken LG ride armor. In all actuality I really like the Models (bandai, imai, and arii) cause you can add as much detail as you see fit. Plus those MPC boxes are going to look awsome in the next house in MY basement (no fience allowed).,she can have the living room <_<

Does anyone know if the alpha MPC is still gonna go for 80 bucks? and remember when the MPC was supposed to be 1/60 but people complained, perhaps the MPC delay is because they are scaling them up to make them more worth the cost.

Unknown, though previously it was claimed the $80US price tag was required to pay for the larger volume of diecast the MPC Alpha would have compared to the MPC VF-1's.

'course that's rather subjective as everybody has different ideas on how much diecast should add to the price...and that's ignoring question marks over how much the prototype has versus how much might be added/removed from the production version ala MPC Rick

Cyc

Unknown, though previously it was claimed the $80US price tag was required to pay for the larger volume of diecast the MPC Alpha would have compared to the MPC VF-1's.

'course that's rather subjective as everybody has different ideas on how much diecast should add to the price...and that's ignoring question marks over how much the prototype has versus how much might be added/removed from the production version ala MPC Rick

Cyc

Yup, $79.99,

Hey, does anyone have those pics of the Alpha, those were pretty nice and helps the newbies see what were discussing (and whoever else) :blink:

He's the main guy in Battlecry. He has a red, black and white VF. He's voiced by the same guy who does Liquid Snake.

Aka Cam Clarke/Jimmy Flinders who also did voice for Lancer and Max Sterling in RT: Macross Saga

Cyc