NEW Official MPC Thread!!!

Wow, the Robotech "books" sure look good on the shelf. :p

I'll just wait until the prices go down, just like Toynami's other products.

You see, that's what I'm thinking too but here's the problem. With the first MPCs, consumers had the option (in spite of Steve Yun's quick 'delete' finger on the RT forums) of buying Toynami, Yamato or Bandai. Heck, I'll even throw in Banpresto just for kicks. But the Alpha/Legioss has no other competition. It could very likely sell as well as Toynami had initially envisioned the MPC selling. I'd hate to miss out on the Alpha I want in the vain hope that prices come down.

Price fixing? That reminds me, I'm almost out of gas.

I keep telling myself that I'm gonna wait to se the quality, but in reality I'm a sucker for Mospaeda. I'll probably buy the first (when it goes down) and if I don't totally hate it, I'll get the rest.

If Toynami manages to get there act together and build a good product this time. It may become a case of you snooz you loose. There may not be a Price drop like your counting on. I am not going to wait as soon as Tam over at Twin Moons has the preorder up I'l be singingup for these as well.

In my opinion this piece does not worth that money.. it's not complex and it was based on an old modelkit.. I'll leave it to only my gakken.

Actually Kin I think that is an original sculpt, it was only rumored it was based of the old model kit, but look this one over and it is sleak and lean as opposed to the beefy and fat model kit

Edited by GobotFool

I believe they used the Imai kit as a starting point for the design... When I saw the first prototype they showed to the public it looked almost the same as the Imai kit.... Now the pre-production sample that was at the SDCC this year was a vast improvement over the first prototype... I think it has really "evolved" into an orginal sculpt, but I don't think it started out that way...

As far as waiting for the price to drop... I will have to agree with who ever made the statement about the lack of competition... Toynami is the only company licensed to realease Mospeada toys, so if you wait too long you may be out of luck on getting one... I'm sure if you are patient enough, they will pop up eventually, but no guarantee at that point that you will pay a lower price. :unsure:

I think I'll be preordering mine...

FRED THE FRENCH,

Cool poses for your MPC Max and Miriya! Very nice!

They just don't look good apart :D

you should paint max and mira's thigh armor the appropriate colors then they'll look worlds better

They appear both ways in the Macross Saga. When the Fast Packs first appear on Max and Miriya the leg armor they are the same colors as the planes (just that one episode) but for the rest of the series they are the colors of the Toynami Fast Packs. One episode that comes to mind is when Rick, Max and Miriya go to the Robotech Factory to show Dana.

Edited by SDFcommander

I too think the Guardian/Gerwalk mode looks very nice with the Fast Packs.

I went with the greyish green VF-1S armour for my VF-1J Rick...then again I only have 1 set of the 3 Fast Packs so my VF-1J Rick has to share with my VF-1S Roy :rolleyes: Darn you people who have Fast Packs for all your VF-1s...on day, one day :p

post-17-95359-Super_VF1J_g_mode2.jpg

(SuperOstrich, is this size OK?)

Edited by SDFcommander

If Toynami manages to get there act together and build a good product this time. It may become a case of you snooz you loose. There may not be a Price drop like your counting on.  I am not going to wait as soon as Tam over at Twin Moons has the preorder up I'l be singingup for these as well.

I'm with you. I'm hoping to get mine from Twin Moons too. We are fortunate to have stores like Valkarie Exchange and Twin Moons who are not just retailers but fans as well!!! :D Personally I know I have had no problems with Twin Moons what so ever!

Hey, does anyone plan to detail/pannel line/paint up their MPC Legioss when they get it?

JsARCLIGHT,

I know I am. With how well my Alpha poseable turned out, I can't wait to get my hands on the MPC Alpha!

Edited by SDFcommander

What are the best pens to use to do pannel lining? I've only seen a few examples that I and my friends have done and we used Micron pens. The problem with microns are that if you don't paint the model then pannel line it the pannel lines look like they "bleed" into the plastic after so long.

Is there a way around that?... or is this a question I should be asking in the modelling forums...

I find fine Gundam markers to be great, as they come in more colours than just black. However, any permanent marker with a fine tip will do... Micron and Copic are fine too, thinks I.

Other people will slap you up side the head and tell you to use a black wash with Tamiya paint and call you a cretin if you don't.

I am a cretin.

Edited by RainBot

What are the best pens to use to do pannel lining? I've only seen a few examples that I and my friends have done and we used Micron pens. The problem with microns are that if you don't paint the model then pannel line it the pannel lines look like they "bleed" into the plastic after so long.

Is there a way around that?... or is this a question I should be asking in the modelling forums...

do a wash, itll look better then a pen line, plus you can mix the perfect color, i use a little bit of the base color, and they turn out very nice

I agree: use a wash. A thin brush & Tamiya Smoke (Clear) work great! The effect is distinct yet subtle and not as harsh as using black, & not as 'out of scale' as most Micron pens or Gundam Markers. And you can easily clean up any excess with a Q-tip & rubbing alcohol (altho, as with any solvent, TEST it on a small section of the toy/model to make sure it doesn't do... bad things to the existing paint finishes). I used this technigue on a bunch of my Gundam MSIAs and it really makes the lil' buggers look impressive...

If Toynami manages to get there act together and build a good product this time. It may become a case of you snooz you loose. There may not be a Price drop like your counting on. I am not going to wait as soon as Tam over at Twin Moons has the preorder up I'l be singingup for these as well.

Same here. With Scott's being the most popular it seems, I'll pre-order that one and see how I like it. If it's good, I'll get the others. If not, probably just get the Shadow and Beta since there really isn't much in the way of toys for these two.

People who insist on paying full price for a MPC are foolish. They are garanteed to do down in price and yet it never amazes me the amount of people who preorder it for the full cost... Some people must have too much money on their hands.

People who insist on paying full price for a MPC are foolish. They are garanteed to do down in price and yet it never amazes me the amount of people who preorder it for the full cost.

Why not just hedge?

I don't intend to buy the blue Legioss -- just the red and the Shadow, maybe. What I intend to do is to watch the price movement for the Blue though.

If it moves up, I will pre-order. If it goes down I will see how low it gets, and price the two I intend to get accordingly.

However, if you are a blue Legioss fan, then you're SOL'ed...

People who insist on paying full price for a MPC are foolish. They are garanteed to do down in price and yet it never amazes me the amount of people who preorder it for the full cost.

Why not just hedge?

I don't intend to buy the blue Legioss -- just the red and the Shadow, maybe. What I intend to do is to watch the price movement for the Blue though.

If it moves up, I will pre-order. If it goes down I will see how low it gets, and price the two I intend to get accordingly.

However, if you are a blue Legioss fan, then you're SOL'ed...

opps. I was referring to the VF-1 line which has no chance of ever going up.

vinnie

opps. I was referring to the VF-1 line which has no chance of ever going up.

Same principle applies. I don't think it's quite worth what Toynami is asking for, so I'll use the blue Legioss to gauge the market price to go for; also, it gives Toynami a chance to clean up design flaws which the beta-beta test players (i.e. consumers.. ) will probably find.

I've learnt a long time ago that being on the forefront of technology (either IT or toy) can be rather harsh and expensive...

Guest CoryHolmes3

I just picked up two Alpha superposables, and I'm truely impressed by them.

For something that's mostly plastic, these toys have a good heft to them and feel solidly-built.

As their name suggests, they are very posable. I've got my Shadow Alpha with it's gun on its shoulder, down on one knee, and getting ready to fry an Invid force-field.

My Scott-type is currently beating the stuffing out of some non-existant Invid Scouts (which are just begging to be made in toy-form).

These things balance nicely and pose easily.

Toynami hit a line-drive on this one. The bases are loaded and the Alpha MPC is stepping to the plate...

This may not apply to every Gamestop in the US, but apparently some of the Gamestops in this part of the Midwest (southeast Nebraska) are starting to clear their MPC VF-1's for 50% off! :o I was able to an MPC Max for $30 and an MPC Myria for $40... my birthday is in 2 days so I consider it an early birthday gift to myself. B)

This may not apply to every Gamestop in the US, but apparently some of the Gamestops in this part of the Midwest (southeast Nebraska) are starting to clear their MPC VF-1's for 50% off! :o I was able to an MPC Max for $30 and an MPC Myria for $40... my birthday is in 2 days so I consider it an early birthday gift to myself. B)

So basically, you cleaned the place out. Last I was in there, those were the only two they had.