NEW Official MPC Thread!!!

i wonder about possible unseen cyclone varients in this new series..it would give toynami/hg more milage out of their upcoming cyclone line ;)  :huh:  ;)

i say...bring it on! :rolleyes:

I can imagine what a disaster Toynami's upcoming Cyclones are gonna be. We all know their track record and, with the much more intricate design of the Cyc, there is plenty of room for error. I predict a floppy pile of mispainted parts masquerading as a toy.

Didn't you guys already know they're using these as the base for the MPC Cyclones?

:lol::p

post-26-1103176656.jpg

Edited by Anubis

i wonder about possible unseen cyclone varients in this new series..it would give toynami/hg more milage out of their upcoming cyclone line ;)  :huh:  ;)

i say...bring it on! :rolleyes:

I can imagine what a disaster Toynami's upcoming Cyclones are gonna be. We all know their track record and, with the much more intricate design of the Cyc, there is plenty of room for error. I predict a floppy pile of mispainted parts masquerading as a toy.

Didn't you guys already know they're using these as the base for the MPC Cyclones?

:lol::p

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hey guys, I was wondering if the QC will improve on later Alpha MPCs as they did on the later released Veritech MPCs. I'm currently looking at the Green and Shadow Alphas and might possibly buy one. I was always a fan of the Alpha and Cyclone since this is the only game in town aside from old Gakken Alphas. I just don't want to deal with the hassle that the Scott Bernard Alphas seems to entail.

well smiley...life is just risky!

..... i say go for a green and shadow! :D:D:D

if you get duds just ship 'em right off too toyami for a prompt replac-o-ment!!!

whala! :blink:

only problem with that is, you pay $80 for a toy that sucks, then you end up paying another $10 to ship it back so they can send you another lemon. you ship it back again and again and again....all of the sudden you end up paying $120 for what should've been $80. :blink:

well smiley...life is just risky!

.....  i say go for a green and shadow! :D  :D  :D

if you get duds just ship 'em right off too toyami for a prompt replac-o-ment!!!

whala! :blink:

only problem with that is, you pay $80 for a toy that sucks, then you end up paying another $10 to ship it back so they can send you another lemon. you ship it back again and again and again....all of the sudden you end up paying $120 for what should've been $80. :blink:

Pst! :ph34r:

That's why you buy two swap any bad parts for good and sell the "Devito"

of the two twins on Ebay to recoup losses...

;)

The worst I have seen of the MPC line took three "Organ donors" to fix.

And to give due credit my Alpha Scott and Valk Roy MPC's were damned

near perfect, as in 99% correct out of the box. 99% is better than Has/Tak

these days. The other MPC's I have well, that's a different matter.

>>Glares at MPC VF1-J "Rick" he had to damned near rebuild...

:angry:

I'm sure as hell getting the Green and Shadow Alphas.

Green: I need to retire my Gakken Greenie.

Shadow: UHM DUH?! it looks sweet and it's the only Shadow Alpha I'll ever

afford. That and hey maybe by the forth one they'll hav fianlly gotten it all

debugged. My VF-1R is damn fine, better than it's five predacessors.

So maybe repetition is the key with Toynami.

;)

Edited by Doctor Paragon

i think there was a member here...milkmanX if i'm not mistaken>>>

he was customizing a gakken for shadow varient..

he had missle bays in the chest...which i don't think the toynami will :(

wonder how it came out..(his photo's looked awsome)

***BTW ..i've been paying only $5 bucks too shipp to toynami from the east coast..and here's a tip:

keep the rifle(double fisted possibilities!!!)

keep the sticker sheet(oh yeah)!!!

keep the cyclone(mmmmmmmm)!!!

that should be worth your 5 or ten bucks!

Whats that old Cyclone toy in the Styro fome?

the cyclone is the small Gakken version...very poor construction and materials..

the transformation is quite lame..but can be customized for better appearence.

...the front of the bike cowling can be carefully removed(so it doe'snt hang over the pilots head(quite doofy looking)in armor mode.

..as well as the wind shield can be cropped in back too look more like the anime.

the ugly "fins" that stick out the sides in armor mode can be dramaticly reduced in size(without effcting tranformation)_

...not too mention the arm plates stay stuck too the front wheels..good luck with that.

over all the toy sucks...but it's the smallest variable cyclone you'll ever see ;)

Hmm, just had the opportunity to look (not handle) at a Rook-type at a local store. Leastway, I think it's an MPC I was looking at.

Suffice to say I had the misfortune (or fortune) to have just purchased a Binalteck Grimlock from said store.. and the comparison between the two, as inappropriate as it may seem, really send the Alpha into the gutter.

In terms of details, the Alpha really doesn't stack up well with recent Japan offerings - or even offerings as far as a few years back. I note that the missiles appear to be nothing more than coloured disks on a white background.. I would typically expect raised details a la models by now, the technology is certainly available.

Also, there were visible joint lines and such; even if you disguise them under panel lining, there is a rickety look to the Alpha, like it's about to fall apart at a moment's notice.

The good thing that I can say is that it's relatively large -- about a 1/60 Yamato, give or take, certainly large enough to play with, yet at the same time it's small in terms of desk footprint. If the quality is sufficiently high (and the price is right), it's worth getting as a display piece as it doesn't take up that much room.

The J-type head sculpt is also throwing me off.. I guess I can rectify many of the shortcoming manually, but it's time I don't have in my (non-existant) social life at the moment.

This visual inspection plus the various horror stories floating around here is seriously giving me second thoughts about getting an Alpha of any type.

Hey there guys. I just wanted some opinions on buying a Scott Alpha. I've been holding out for quite some time hoping that these guys will go on sale for about half price because of the quality. Now the I look around, I can't hardly find one. I don't want to pay the full MSRP, but get it for a better deal. I've looked on ebay, and there are a very small handful available and some are even higher than the MSRP.

So my question is should I hold out a little longer to get these guys at a deal, or should I try to get one now?

What should I do? :unsure:

i would grab it now just be careful with the hands they are very fragile, Toynami is sending me a replacement hand for mine, does anyone know how to get the hands off?

thanks

chris

I'm not even going to pre-order the Green one that I wanted at this point. I will watch and see how the QC is when it comes out. If they get their heads out of their asses, I'll buy it. If I have to play russian roulette and pray I get a good one, forget it. (Already won a small 3-mode Red Gakken anyway too).

Edited by Anubis

Well, I finally opened up the Scott Type Alpha I bought myself for Christmas (how sad is it when the best Xmas gift you get is the one you buy for yourself? :(.

It's 5919, and I have to say I was lucky, as I didn't seem to get a dud. The only types of problems I had with it were that the right leg thigh joint (which swivels outwards) seemed a bit looser than the left leg. But apart from that, the knees work fine, the hands and arms are stiff, and no broken pieces. Also, no paint smudges, and only the tiniest of chips on the die cast.

It transforms fine into all three modes, and I can even get the belly off the ground by about half a milimeter if I try really hard.

Without any flaws, its a fun toy. My only gripes are that the die cast in the legs weighs them down VERY much. Also the head could have used a firmer attachment to the body. Also, the fingers are damn hard to unstick from each other, and I have to be pretty careful with them

It's more fragile than I thought it would be - I was hoping for a solid toy, instead it reminds me of the 1/48.

All in all though, I don't feel that ripped off, especially considering I paid 40 bucks for the thing :lol: However by no means is this thing a masterpiece - for 80 dollars, I would expect a LOT more bang for my buck.

Anyway, I might just go ahead and buy the Shadow once it goes down in price!

He's asking the difference between Gakkens made in Japan and made in Singapore. I don't belive there is. I've handled both but not at the same time. Also the newness of the toy varied but the Singapore one felt the same.

The thing that pisses me off about the larger Gakkens are the weakest points are the most important. The tab at the knee that hold it up and the two tabs in the back that makes the legs click. Without those parts it's a floppy mess. But the parts fit toget her well in any mode.

nothing about it being released at RT.com either.

well, today's the last day of the year, maybe it will be announced soon.

Anyone want to sell me their bookcase box for $40 shipped in US????

Figured I offer about half.