NEW Official MPC Thread!!!

the ones we got were decent in terms of QC, on one, the left leg wasn't glued together... and the plastic seems a bit weak, the shoulder joint on shows as white stress marks on the rear panel that makes up the shoulder assembly.

as for the design, the head sits a little high and seems floppy and does not seem to want to stay in position in plane and gerwalk modes.

the joints overall seem tighter, and they seem to be able to hold poses a little better.

no change on the design problems, nose still wants to point up and it's still a pain getting the arms to collapse and lock into place in fighter mode.

no pics, sorry.

Got my Red Alpha today, no QC problems on mine. Not much else to say, I like it!

How does Rook's compare to Scott's Blue alpha in terms of QC, joint stiffness, and overall asthetics? Does it look like Toynami improved on it or not?

Got my Red Alpha today, no QC problems on mine.  Not much else to say, I like it!

How does Rook's compare to Scott's Blue alpha in terms of QC, joint stiffness, and overall asthetics? Does it look like Toynami improved on it or not?

from what i heard no changes were made. <_< i just hope the wings on the red one are a little easier to pull out when i get it, the Scott Bernard alpha was a bitch to get them out I was afraid i would break them.

chris

My red Alpha left the U S last week, so I should receive it this week.

The only QC problem I've had with the blue one is that one finger of the left hand broke when I first transformed it.

I hope I won't have the same trouble with this one.

I whish Yamato had made those.. :lol:

guys did ANYONE notice the 1 page showcase of the SHADOW fighter MPC in the newest toyfar e magazine?  It's awesome!!

Not until you get us some scans, no :p

agreed , scans would be very nice of you. :)

Low on cash boys. I wanted to just spread the word.

awwww. we thought you had the book :( if anyone does get it please post pics

Got my Red Alpha today, no QC problems on mine.  Not much else to say, I like it!

Seem exactly the same to me.

Edited by Pat S

Looks like the Shadow fighter is gonna be a fast seller (doesn't take a genius to see that), even if the problems are as bad as Toynami's history predicts they will be. For all those cats that buy toys to sell them later.....this is probably the one they'll be getting. Which'll probably make them even HARDER to come by once they sell out because these "collectors" are hoarding them to make a buck. More power to em, I guess. <_<

*Edit* Pics WOULD be nice, though. I'm kinda curious to see what it's lookin like. The Toynami site give you a tiny glimpse...but only shows the head. :(

Edited by mantisfists

So, I got my blue Alpha last week, and I was the victum of bad QC by Toynami. 3 strikes for that company (I'll explain more shorty...) Anyway, back to the Alpha... Yes, my missile hatch on the right should fell off and to add insult to injury, it appears that Toynami glued the swivle joint on the upper right arm. When I tried to turn ir, the arm snapped off! :o ... I was a wee bit ticked. I'm gonna try to see if I can return it for a new one, wish me luck!

Anyway, back to Toynami.

1st Strike - MPC VF-1S, the head lasers were super loose. I had to use tack putty to be able to hold them into place.

2nd Stirke - MPC Miriya Armor set, no gun pod notch on the forearm armor, I had to resort to making my own.

3rd Strike - The MPC Alpha see above.

Now, I'm torn on if I even want to get the Beta when it comes out. I'm sure they'll do a crappy QC job. And I cancelled my order for the Voltron lions they are coming out with. God know how crappy those will turn out.

And on a final note... I was putting away my MPC's to make room for some other stuff. My girlfriend assisted me (by her request) and as she was transforming my VF-1S, she broke one of the head lasers (although a little model glue fixed that) then when she was disassembling the armor for VF-1J Max, she broke one of the pegs for the RMS missile! that would be a bit harder to fix.

I thought these reviews were kind of funny considering how many problems people have been reporting. I think its the duty of all macrossworld members to add in their comments!

http://www.popcultureshock.com/reviews.php?id=2512

and for the Alpha:

http://www.popcultureshock.com/reviews.php?id=3452

Oddly the 1/48 Low Viz only received an A rating, half a rating above the Toynami stuff :blink:

http://www.popcultureshock.com/reviews.php?id=2529

Edited by Magnus

Trying my hand at posting a pic of the MPC Shadow Fighter...got my scanner fixed, but I've never tried posting a pic here before...please bear with me if it doesn't pan out. Apologies also if it's bigger than board regs.

post-26-1101175177_thumb.jpg

thanx for the pix! It doesn't look too bad. I'm still disappointed with the other two alphas. But since I'm in two deep, I might as well get the last two. :p:D:lol:

Well, lets see, it looks like the MPC shadow will be accurate in some ways:

- Head

- hip lights

- gun

- intakes

...but not, unfortunately:

- shoulders

- central chest

- hands (can't really tell).

At least according to my line art. Too bad. along with the head and intakes, the different shoulders are the most distiguishing characteristics.

Even though I'm a fan of both Robotech and Macross, I'll still give my honest opinion about these MPC Alphas. The Scott Bernard version I own is perfect. All super tight joints, paint is clean, and a wonderful toy/collector item. The red Alpha I had a brace in the nose section break during its first transformation and the whole nose/cockpit section came off. I was pissed, but being that I'm a customizer, I was able to fix, reinforce, and get that area even more secure than Toynami made it in. I was able to speak with a higher up at HG, and they just gave me a new one. That was real cool I thought, and the new one is flawless.

As a new company, Toynami may run into QC problems, and will still be learning as time goes by, but by that same coin, a new company that is not so established needs to be extra strict so that their first impressions they leave are good. I will say that between the VF series and the Alpha series, it's night and day, east and west, and I look forward to Beta fighters, especially since their transformation isn't as complicated.

Even though I'm a fan of both Robotech and Macross, I'll still give my honest opinion about these MPC Alphas. The Scott Bernard version I own is perfect. All super tight joints, paint is clean, and a wonderful toy/collector item. The red Alpha I had a brace in the nose section break during its first transformation and the whole nose/cockpit section came off. I was pissed, but being that I'm a customizer, I was able to fix, reinforce, and get that area even more secure than Toynami made it in. I was able to speak with a higher up at HG, and they just gave me a new one. That was real cool I thought, and the new one is flawless.

As a new company, Toynami may run into QC problems, and will still be learning as time goes by, but by that same coin, a new company that is not so established needs to be extra strict so that their first impressions they leave are good. I will say that between the VF series and the Alpha series, it's night and day, east and west, and I look forward to Beta fighters, especially since their transformation isn't as complicated.

THey've had TOO much time to learn. With the VF-1 and alpha they left us in the dark for close to a year. That more than enough time to not only refine the design but make SURE the factory workers won't screw things up. Palisades was able to rectify this problem with their microman reissues a few years back and that only took 3 months. At least they publicly admitted it and didn't charge up the ass for their toys(5$+ per figure).

:o the shadow fighter looks cool i like the gun for it, hopefully the QC problems will be ironed out by then. I already have the first 2 for the alpha set so i am going to grab the other 2 up as well and just get the set. i hope they make the beta/tread.

I like the Alpha/Shadow design although I've never watched the series. I just checked the line art for both based on above comments. The two designs have a lot of differences that I never noticed - and will probably be sacrificed in the MPC.

The Shadow (based on the line art) seems to be much less detailed than the Alpha:

1. Head (looks OK on the MPC)

2. No sensor pod (can't tell if the mount was removed on the MPC)

3. The shoulders are more rounded and don't have the triangle detail (the MPC uses the Alpha shoulders)

4. The forearms have less detail - the line thingy is removed (the MPC uses the Alpha forearms)

5. The hands are claws (this looks correct on the MPC)

6. The center of the chest is flat and less detailed - does a Shadow carry a Cyclone (the MPC uses the Alpha chest)

7. The intakes are less detailed and larger (looks like the MPC may have only removed the detail - shape looks off a little)

8. The Shadow does not have a crotch vent (can't tell if this has been removed on the MPC)

9. The hips are more rounded (looks like this is correct on the MPC)

10. The shape of the legs are the same but the details are different (the MPC uses the legs)

11. The gun is different (looks like the MPC is correct).

I still think I'll still get the Shadow as my second New Generation Veritech (already have the Blue Alpha) as long as the claws are more durable than the Alpha hands.

well, mine should be here from VE on Tuesday, I'll try to take pics of it if I have any problems.

Could you take pics of it anyway? :)

ok, got it from VE today (great service).

Ok, gotta run to a side job, but some quick notes:

#1985.

no grease.

left landing gear is loose just like my blue one.

as you can see, the landing gears still don't do squat.

some bad paint job on one foot.

i never learned how to transform these. i usually leave most of my toys in fighter mode.

here's a quick pic.

post-26-1101238123_thumb.jpg