NEW Official MPC Thread!!!

The chrome blue was only a prototipe.  I remember nobody liked the color.

I am almost done with my Alpha...  fixed a lot of the problems, and repainted.

I wish my modelling skills where better...

do you have any pics of your repainted alpha? as well as a list of some of the things you have done to make it better.

thanks

chris :)

Here is a bad pic. It is too dark in here and the camera flash make the toy look way too shiny. while the paint is matt. Buuuu

It is still not finished, but this is what I have done so far.

Main thing was to delete or soft the seam lines (you can see the chest and arm, no seam line, while in legs I just make it look a bit more decent ). Did not wanted to putty them all because I know later I will have to take him appart to fix it...

The paint is a bit darker blue, rest is white. And it is MATT not super shiny.

Lot of paint wear in the arms, too bad.

Also the pannel lines are very thing. the flash kill them.

In fact I dont know why I am posting this picture. It makes my alpha looks crappy.

Edited by Sebastian

Howdy all. For those that are interested, there's a shot of the MPC Shadow Alpha Fighter in the newest issue of Toyfare that I believe went on sale this week. My scanner's offline, so unfortunately I can't put up pix of it...but it's in the big article on upcoming 2005 toys.

Peace out.

Looks like NG Rook is no different than the first one in terms of QC.

See Here :angry:

crap i was hoping they would have learned something by now, but i guess it is Toynami <_< i am really hopeful, yet worried for the arrival of my alpha this week. just noticed the pics looks like they changed nothing on it the chest still drags on the ground during fighter, but it also looks like the entenna on the head does as well :(

edit: added more stuff

Edited by zeo-mare

I was waiting to see if Toynazi had managed to un-f##k themselves but it seems that the only expectation they meet is that they will continue to disappoint with crappy QC. Oh well, terrible QC does one of two things to companies: ruin them or force them to improve... here is hoping a year from now the name Toynami is a footnote in the history of american toys next to Mego and LJN.

just contact toynami if u get a dud..

they had better be shipping my bernard..i sent it off 2 weeks ago! ;)

Siigh.. Considering I don't live in the States, contacting Toynami might not be a viable solution.

I'm actually amazed that they survived so long selling sub-par products at inflated prices.

- jah live man! B))

Lynx...Feyd is right about Toynami being the only game in town. Since they've literally cornered and defined the market, they've got a hellacious advantage when it comes to pushing product. I was fortunate in that my Scott Bernard Alpha was solid throughout with no problems, but still...

Forever.

Whoops...put the wrong text in the quote box.

Lynx...Feyd is right about Toynami being the only game in town. Since they've literally cornered and defined the market, they've got a hellacious advantage when it comes to pushing product. I was fortunate in that my Scott Bernard Alpha was solid throughout with no problems, but still...

For anyone interseted Tam from Twin Moons has a review and pictures up of volume 2 of the Alpha MPC line. http://www.tmpforums.com/index.php?showtop...=0entry188756 this is the review he did and this is the link to the images of it.

http://www.tmpforums.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=532

From breezing through the review I can see that Toynami still hasn't stepped up to the plate when it comes to QC issues. what a shame.

Edited by LtStick

Maybe  by the time they get to the Shadow Fighter things will have improved enough for me to consider buying one... <_<

Yeah... sure, no doubt about that...

:p i do not know yet something tells me they wont change a thing from now until then :lol::lol:

Maybe  by the time they get to the Shadow Fighter things will have improved enough for me to consider buying one... <_<

:p i do not know yet something tells me they wont change a thing from now until then :lol::lol:

Why do I feel the same??? :unsure:

Oh, sure, I remeber now, I've been fu...ed by Toynami ever. :angry:

Scuse me, I had forgotten!! :lol:

on that note:

i just recived a replacment for my first bernard with a bum hand(#3446 or somthin)

... this replacment is in GREAT SHAPE(#5467)..transforms nicely..looks GREATTT!!! :D:D:D

-the exchange took 2 weeks and was well worth the wait...the toynmi reps were quite pleasant>>>

I'm coming out with a strong defense of these dudes....they're all right in my book! :blink:

and Hey,,,i detest the HG marketing style.. as lame as it gets>>>the whole "masterpiece" concept is pure americanized trash/crap.

the book packaging is laughable(would love too get a japanese mospeada box for these)

and Some of the materials used leave much too be desired(qc has been abizmal)

but the sculpt ROCKS ..and as die hard mospeada maniac,,,

:D I support the toynami legioss/alpha! :D

>>>go buy 4 of 'em..so i can get some ride armors..and treads for that matter! :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Did people have quality issues with the Jack Archer YF-1, or did Toynami have all the QC bugs fixed by the time of that release? I'm thinking of maybe getting one, just for the hell of it, and because I want a real valkyrie toy I can play with (unlike the fast pack 1/48 VF-1s, which explodes with flying missile parts every time I sneeze gently)

The Jack Archer YF-1 was the best one for me out of the bunch. Just some excess glue on it. The leg joints were good. I would say if you only wanted to get one, that would be it.

That doesn't really say much for it... that's like the guy with the most fingers in a leper colony...

The Jack Archer YF-1 was the best one for me out of the bunch.  Just some excess glue on it.  The leg joints were good.  I would say if you only wanted to get one, that would be it.

That doesn't really say much for it... that's like the guy with the most fingers in a leper colony...

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Did people have quality issues with the Jack Archer YF-1, or did Toynami have all the QC bugs fixed by the time of that release?  I'm thinking of maybe getting one, just for the hell of it, and because I want a real valkyrie toy I can play with (unlike the fast pack 1/48 VF-1s, which explodes with flying missile parts every time I sneeze gently)

My 1/48 is very playable... Of course I don't have a Fast Pack on it yet... Are the FPs really this unstable or is this an exaggeration?

Regarding the MPC... I didn't have an Archer, I had a Sterling, which was Vol. 4 (I think, I don't have it anymore, so can't check)... Supposedly all the major bugs in the design had been worked out by then, but I was very dissatisfied with mine...

Aside from the issues that'd be issues no matter what, like the proportion problems in the legs and fuselage/chest piece it was just very 'loose' in general. The biggest annoyance was that if I set it on it's landing gear in fighter mode the legs would push upwards and if I picked it up in fighter mode they would sag downwards. This wasn't like a tiny bend this was a noticeable 5 or 10 degree off from straight difference...

As to the FPs, they looked nice, but were only marginally cool. One of the leg pieces would literally not stay together until I glued it together, and even then had problems staying attached to the leg...

Actually, it isnt that much of an exxageration about the 1/48. The big RMS missiles are wicked loose and blow apart everytime you go to do anything drastic. They look great and I love them, but the big missiles and the missile pod of the booster are a pain. The micro missiles dont stay in very well, and the joint between booster and misisle silo is much looser than on teh beam cannon, so one good jerk and it goes flying, opens up, and blast everyhting in sight with little plastic missiles

And yet it is one of the coolest toys I ever bought....

well today is the day :o i am worried... my MPC alpha is coming in today i hope I have no problem with it, i am really looking forward to getting a nice alpha for my collection.

wish me luck :)

Actually, it isnt that much of an exxageration about the 1/48. The big RMS missiles are wicked loose and blow apart everytime you go to do anything drastic. They look great and I love them, but the big missiles and the missile pod of the booster are a pain. The micro missiles dont stay in very well, and the joint between booster and misisle silo is much looser than on teh beam cannon, so one good jerk and it goes flying, opens up, and blast everyhting in sight with little plastic missiles

And yet it is one of the coolest toys I ever bought....

for the 1/48 FP's...

the RMS missile problem is easily solved with a single coat(maybe 2 depending) of clear nail polish. worked on mine and they don't come off unless i pull them off.

the mirco missiles falling out....well its just the 2 annoying ones on each fast pack. no biggie, try some elmers glue. it dries fast and comes off clean.

if the FP(the part that holds missiles) keeps falling off, use the clear nail polish on those as well.

anyone else got a problem? :p

as far as the MPC FP's...

i've never owned it but i have played with it and there no excuse for the crappy job they did. they don't stay on half the time and like someone else mentioned, it has to be glued down. the banpresto armor is superior in comparison.

well i just got my Alpha Fighter in, i like it alot i have had no problems with floppy joints or paint problems, the wings are alittle tight were they have to be pulled out but that is no problem, all in all I cannot believe I am about to say it ,but toynami did a god job on mine. it is numbered 04070 and the quaility for mine was real nice. i know alot of people do not seem to like it but I really like the book design for the box on this kinda stylish (ducks stones.... :p ) i cannot wait for the Beta tread I hope they make one. i also wish i had a gakken legioss right now i really miss those.

chris

You guys that just got an Alpha... Are you talking about the Scott Bernard variant, or the Rook one that just released?

I got the Scott Bernard the blue one is my favorite of the bunch followed be the green one.