NEW Official MPC Thread!!!

Just as a heads up, for any of you interested the new Toyfare magazine which hit shelves today has pictures of the Shadow Fighter MPC in battroid, Gerwalk, and Veritech mode. I didn't but the magazine, but from what I saw I noticed:

The chest intakes are different, and it has some sort of gun/rifle attached to the top of the fighter plane in between the missile racks/arms. Not sure if it has clawed hands though, as they were in fists. The head is new as well.

It looks pretty slick, I might actually pick it up.

You don't pull the wings, you fold them downward at the shoulder, and then second half of the wing backwards towards the back.

Unless you mean the tail fins or the leading edge extentions?

On the pre/post 5000 numbering distribution, it seems even wackier considering every Alpha I've seen on sale in normal (aka non-importing) retailers here in Australia is pre-5000, where I would have thought we'd just get the dregs after the North American orders were taken care of...

Cyc (disappointed that dispite the fact we got Mospeada Superposables and Scott MPCs... retailers got literally 2 New Gen I-men for every full box of Hanna Barbara I-men. Grrrrrr)

Edited by Cyclone

you know whats crazy?

this MPC thread is 101 pages long, of which 99 pages are peoples problems, complaints and horror stories of their experience with this product.....yet people keep buying them. :lol:

sorry dudes, i just find it really funny when you know something is a total POS yet people still scrounge up the money to buy it. :lol:

Haterist come on,

yammie back pack hinges are just as fragile, granted the product is far superior and better detailed. Just take care in transforming

Thankfully, I havent broke either,,,,,,Knocks on wood :unsure:

I like the alphas, they do have thier quirks, and yes, I have gakkens too, those are like tanks

you know whats crazy?

this MPC thread is 101 pages long, of which 99 pages are peoples problems, complaints and horror stories of their experience with this product.....yet people keep buying them. :lol:

sorry dudes, i just find it really funny when you know something is a total POS yet people still scrounge up the money to buy it. :lol:

What choice do some of us have?

Toynami is the only game in town for New Gen/Mospeada fans looking for new toys, and that isn't going to change for years, if ever.

Cyc

you know whats crazy?

It aint that POS. Compared to the MPC veritechs, these alphas are gold. I have 2 complaints really and they are minor at that. I'll pick up more but never at $80 a pop. I learn my lesson long ago.

My main complain about the Alpha is its constuction and finishing. I mean, excess of glue, parts dont fits well, THOSE UGLY SEAM LINES.... When you check it carefully it looks like an Imai model built by a 10 years old kid.

On the other hand the ingeneering of this toy is quite impressive.

So I think of this toy as a model kit, and that is all. if you buy it you should take it appart, add putty on the gaps, sand the excess of material, fix all the bubbles and scratches included with the toy, prime and repaint the sucker. Then you will have a VERY nice Alpha.

Sure it is not the idea we all have in mind while buying an expensive and completed toy, but what the hell, at least you dont have to cut the parts from the tree and it is a 1000x times sturdier than a model.

Just picked up one of these. Definitely not worth the suggested retail price, but not a POS either. One thing I noticed is that the missile racks in the forearms don't stick out as far as they should be -- like they are half way out. Anybody have this problem or try to fix that?

pictures of the new alpha (rook)

are popping up all over the net, aparently some guys already have them in stock and are selling them via auction sites.

i have not seen a official release date/statement from toynami yet.

but they are out there.

I wonder who is the first to show us some home made pictures and a review on the new alpha.

post-26-1100187253_thumb.jpg

looks decent , it is unfortunate that the red one is my least favorite i like the blue and green alittle bit more. it is a shame the blue came first there for it has the most flaws, i am looking forward to the green one though i hope they have the errors worked about by then <_<:lol::lol:

you guys really think the red one is going to be any different from the blue? i highly doubt it....unless they moved the production to a new factory, i don't see these being any better than the first.

i'm still waiting for gamestop to mark the blue alpha down to $30-$40 and i'm definitely opening the box right there in the store. ;)

BTW, Kevin over at VE said hes picking up his shipment of the red alpha today. :)

I don't know. I liked the Red Alpha because of one particular illustration in the Robotech RPG books, but this:

popup_mpc_alpha02.jpg

Doesn't look anything like that.. I guess I can redo the head by myself.. but somehow the photographs here:

popup_mpc_alpha02b.jpg

popup_mpc_alpha02c.jpg

Makes the Alpha look like a gorilla. Brrr. And definitely needs replacement decals.

Not sure if I still want to get a Red Alpha.. But the head is better than the Blue or Green IMO.

And of course I need to state that these are Toynami pics, as if the watermark ain't enough to tell ya. ;)

The artwork in the Robotech RPGs are nothing short of outstanding and Kevin Long and Wayne Breaux Jr. have quickly become my two favourite artists. However, artwork isn't constrained by the realities of a 3D object that you just can't skew the perspective on. Drawing it is easy. Making it a reality is just a little more difficult.

By the way, which pic are you referring to?

The one attached. Not the greatest, but you would know which I am referring to.

In reply to Graham, the red is okay with me (and photography has a nasty habit of making colours look strange), but the head so have to be resculpted. Ick.

post-26-1100258388.jpg

Well, I finally convinced myself to pick up an Alpha (despite the fact that now I own a G35 Coupe and the payments are killer, lol).

Anyway, the only reason I pick ed it up was that when it is combined with the Beta, the fighter looks so damn cool!

Is a Beta coming out any time soon?

unfortunally the beta is coming out no time soon, it may take over a year and a half (or more) before we see it. :(

The chrome blue was only a prototipe. I remember nobody liked the color.

I am almost done with my Alpha... fixed a lot of the problems, and repainted.

I wish my modelling skills where better...

do you have any pics of your repainted alpha? as well as a list of some of the things you have done to make it better.

thanks

chris :)

yeah.....pics would be nice. i panel lined mine....but, because there aren't that many panel lines, it doesn't stand out too well. has anybody done any customizations on their alphas? i know the die cast might make cuztomizations less likely (since most of em'll probably start chipping after some time), but it'd be nice to see some.

The one attached. Not the greatest, but you would know which I am referring to.

In reply to Graham, the red is okay with me (and photography has a nasty habit of making colours look strange), but the head so have to be resculpted. Ick.

The large Gakken toy was the only one to feature the head you're interested, everybody else has the head Toynami is using, the head as seen in the series.

Cyc

cool i would not mind seeing that, the gun is cool looking, how does it look in fighter mode?