NEW Official MPC Thread!!!

MY MPC alpha was No. 1652. I picked it up on ebay MISB.

I can almost deal with loose joints but I really want to know if anyone has had the problem of mismatched heelspurs and two left thumbs. I'm not a great fan of the Yamato 1/60s but they still beat the hell out of toynami when it comes to QC.

hey kevin,

can you get your hands on the Japanese legioss versions when they come out?

lemme know! :D

thanks!

There are new Legioss' coming out in Japan? :blink: Really?

hey kevin,

thanks!

Toynami made, same MPC Robotech Alpha, repackaged as Mospeada Legioss figures for Japan distribution.

-Kevin

so, there are really 30.000 of each Alpaha instead of 15.000?

hey kevin,

thanks!

Toynami made, same MPC Robotech Alpha, repackaged as Mospeada Legioss figures for Japan distribution.

-Kevin

so, there are really 30.000 of each Alpaha instead of 15.000?

I doubt Toynami made another run of 15,000 for Japan. Hell they can't even sell the ones here and Robotech New Gen is more remembered here than Mospeada is over there.

Knowing Toynami they are sending all the the MPC rejects/returns to Japan lol <_<

Repackaged US Alpha returns sold in Japan? HA!

The regular, "non-defective" POSs wouldn't even be worthy of going into a japanese recycling bin; their standards for toys are measurably-higer than the US releases. Considering that the New Generation is about 10 times more popular right now than Mospeada is in Japan, there's virtually no chance of getting half-decent sales orders over there.

Considering that the "Macross Saga" segment of RT was by far the most popular of the three, and they (Toynami) still couldn't manage to sell-out the 15 000pcs of the uber-popular Roy 1S( which is a VERY small production run for toys, by the way), I think it's safe to say that you'll be lucky to see the rest of the Alphas released, and you can pretty much kiss any hopes of a Beta toy goodbye.

YOUCH!!!!!! :blink:

I didn't think things were that bad....

remember, john: -toynami had "ocean's" of competition for the VF's!!!! :( ..something like 4 other companies pumping out variable vf's!

The Gakken legioss is quite expensive in japan(thou the series is'nt terribly popular too say the least) there.

....also, The Gakken TREAD is absolute toy legend in Japan.

....and if toynami has 15,000 of each color for the entire world market..they can probably get rid of them i would think.

..but you are far more knowlegable about such matters. :rolleyes:

YOUCH!!!!!! :blink:

I didn't think things were that bad....

remember, john: -toynami had "ocean's" of competition for the VF's!!!! :( ..something like 4 other companies pumping out variable vf's!

The Gakken legioss is quite expensive in japan(thou the series is'nt terribly popular too say the least) there.

....also, The Gakken TREAD is absolute toy legend in Japan.

....and if toynami has 15,000 of each color for the entire world market..they can probably get rid of them i would think.

..but you are far more knowlegable about such matters. :rolleyes:

The Gakkens are 20+year-old vintage toys that appeal to the nostalgic fans of the day. Old +rare+fanatc otaku = high unit price. They fetch a lot not because there's a large fan base, but because the tiny fan-base there is are ready to pay big to get them.

Competition isn't such a bad thing when there's demand enough to support most of the manufacturers. Besides, Yamato wasn't able to get official distribution to North America, so the little trickle that does get in doesn't make a huge impact: remember, the average Robotech fan doesn't necessarily know about Yamato products to begin with, so Toynami had any competition on their Veritech well under lock & key.

As for The New Generation/Mospeada: it's much less popular than the "Macross Saga" to begin with here, and absolutely minuscule in Japan. So even if Toynami have the market all to themselves, the core clientele base is a small one at best, and if they couldn't even move all the Roy 1S, they sure as hell won't move all the Alphas.

Christ... you ppl are so overcritical. It isnt really that bad. The MPC VF-1 were bad. Yeah it has it's problem but the MPC alpha is way better than the VF-1. Frankly, it isnt bad as I thought. Some small QC issues and othe only thing that bugs me is the landing is not long enough so the chest has some clearance on the ground. And who is gonna make a better alpha/legioss? Actually who will make it to compete with Toynami. You ppl just hate toynami and not looking at the product with a objective set of eyes. Yes I dont think it is worth $80 hence I got mine for $65.

Repackaged US Alpha returns sold in Japan? HA!

The regular, "non-defective" POSs wouldn't even be worthy of going into a japanese recycling bin; their standards for toys are measurably-higer than the US releases. Considering that the New Generation is about 10 times more popular right now than Mospeada is in Japan, there's virtually no chance of getting half-decent sales orders over there.

Considering that the "Macross Saga" segment of RT was by far the most popular of the three, and they (Toynami) still couldn't manage to sell-out the 15 000pcs of the uber-popular Roy 1S( which is a VERY small production run for toys, by the way), I think it's safe to say that you'll be lucky to see the rest of the Alphas released, and you can pretty much kiss any hopes of a Beta toy goodbye.

Not to mention there is no connection points whatsoever on these Alphas for the Beta.

Yes, I said it before, I'll say it again... Tom Bateman sat in front of the whole Panel at the AX2004 and announced there won't be an necessity to buy a different Alpha to connect to the Beta IF they make it...

...because there won't be a Beta... never had planned it... not planning on it now... :rolleyes:

Christ... you ppl are so overcritical. It isnt really that bad. The MPC VF-1 were bad. Yeah it has it's problem but the MPC alpha is way better than the VF-1. Frankly, it isnt bad as I thought. Some small QC issues and othe only thing that bugs me is the landing is not long enough so the chest has some clearance on the ground. And who is gonna make a better alpha/legioss? Actually who will make it to compete with Toynami. You ppl just hate toynami and not looking at the product with a objective set of eyes. Yes I dont think it is worth $80 hence I got mine for $65.

not true at all, many people were open minded about the alpha, and some of us were down right supportive.

and it's great that you got yours at a lower price, but that isn't the price that toynami wants retailers to sell it at, is it?

Besides, toynami people themselves admit they dropped the ball.

Christ... you ppl are so overcritical. It isnt really that bad. The MPC VF-1 were bad. Yeah it has it's problem but the MPC alpha is way better than the VF-1.

I agree. The toy is pretty awesome if you get one without QC problems.

i gave in and bought the alpha last night :p

the toy came out to be alright, no broken arms....phew....but the fuselege area got a little lose after rotating for a few rounds during transformation. i'm not sure if the gear inside there has worn out or something.....

can anyone fix that? :unsure:

other than this, i'm fine with the toy.......arg! forget about the landing gear...nay!

Not to mention there is no connection points whatsoever on these Alphas for the Beta.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Don't underestimate the power of Magnets!! If the VF-1 MPC was any indication, magnets are Toynami's failsafe when they can't figure out how to latch two parts together. :lol:

Christ... you ppl are so overcritical.  It isnt really that bad.  The MPC VF-1 were bad.  Yeah it has it's problem but the MPC alpha is way better than the VF-1.  Frankly, it isnt bad as I thought.  Some small QC issues and othe only thing that bugs me is the landing is not long enough so the chest has some clearance on the ground.  And who is gonna make a better alpha/legioss?  Actually who will make it to compete with Toynami. You ppl just hate toynami and not looking at the product with a objective set of eyes.  Yes I dont think it is worth $80 hence I got mine for $65.

not true at all, many people were open minded about the alpha, and some of us were down right supportive.

and it's great that you got yours at a lower price, but that isn't the price that toynami wants retailers to sell it at, is it?

Besides, toynami people themselves admit they dropped the ball.

Yeah! I was pretty ecstatic about my Alpha until it started to disintigrate in my hands after two hours of gentle play. I still like it, but it is a flawed toy.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Don't underestimate the power of Magnets!! If the VF-1 MPC was any indication, magnets are Toynami's failsafe when they can't figure out how to latch two parts together. :lol:

Nah!

I bet they will release a NEWLY sculpted Alpha than can attach with the Beta and both toys will be sell as a SET for about USD 250,00.

but the good thing is for SURE Toynami will fix ALL the problems in the Alpha... :lol:

And so the MPC page finally hits the big 100.

Now that Tam has the Green alpha preorder up I'll order one of those. That's it for me.

Hopefully they inprove the Alphas starting with the red one, but I'm not holding my breath. Beta still doesn't really matter to me one way or the other, I just want my cyclones personally.

Edited by Anubis

The Red Alpha should be out soon the Green just went up for pre order over at Twin Moons the other day and the Shadow is the fourth volume for this line. Volume three which would be the green one is supposed to be out in January but with Toynami's track record I would guess March for that one.

I could scarcely believe it myself.  In all, I think Battroid is the MPC's best mode.  I have it guarding my PC at work.

I actually thought that Gerwalk was the best form for the MPC. The one I had pretty much stayed in Gerwalk all the time, because that was the only one of the three modes that didn't make me want to throw it across the room and break it into hundreds of pieces. ;)

Seriously, it actually looked pretty good in Gerwalk. Better than the 1/60 (the ONLY area where I'll say this) but not as nice as the 1/48. I think this was because the odd angle made the out of proportion fuselage and legs less noticeable whereas in fighter the fuselage was very noticeable and in Battroid the legs were very noticeable.

Of course I don't own it any longer so it's all moot, but there you go.

(depressed about the US elections and so trying to find something else to worry about)...

my alpha is coming in next week i am looking forward to it, i hope mine does not have any problems.

chris

Just a quick update from yours truely about the MPC Alpha Scott.

I just received my replacement Alpha, THANKS TAM!!! :D , and so far, everythings seems perfect. Tight joints, and hinges. Nothing loose, or fell/broke/disintegrated off. Loads better than the first one I got, and now worth the $80 price tag. B)) Or should I say a better pill to swallow? :rolleyes:

-_- Any gripes that I have over it are sooo minor, that it's not even worth mentioning. :mellow:

If Toynami can keep the QC up to a certain level and not have it range so wildly wide, I think that I'll give them a chance and pick up the next one, Rook, and see how these turn out, before pre-ordering Lancer.

Edited by Wheels

if someone can when they get it please post a reveiw of the red alpha, i am dying to see if the QC has improved.

Just a quick update from yours truely about the MPC Alpha Scott.

I just received my replacement Alpha, THANKS TAM!!! :D , and so far, everythings seems perfect. Tight joints, and hinges. Nothing loose, or fell/broke/disintegrated off. Loads better than the first one I got, and now worth the $80 price tag. B)) Or should I say a better pill to swallow? :rolleyes:

-_- Any gripes that I have over it are sooo minor, that it's not even worth mentioning. :mellow:

If Toynami can keep the QC up to a certain level and not have it range so wildly wide, I think that I'll give them a chance and pick up the next one, Rook, and see how these turn out, before pre-ordering Lancer.

Hey Wheels....

What number was your Scott Type Alpha?

Hey Wheels....

What number was your Scott Type Alpha?

The first one I got, with the horrendous QC, was post 5K. My replacement is pre-5K, # 00574.