? About Gundam Figures

Armor

Hey Guys, I'm looking at these Gundam figures and they look pretty cool. I thought they would be kinda cool play with. Do they handle well? Are they posable. Which one should I get?

which ones are they? the normal Gundam Mobile Suit in Action (MSIA) or the Gundam Fix? the MSIA are nice they are very poseable and are for the most part sturdy, the Gundam Fix are very very nice in terms of detail but are not very poseable and are sometimes fragile due to the tons of parts and weapons they come with, i myself only collect the Gundam fix figures i have them all on display. they are the nicest if you want to put them on a shelf but if you are looking for something to play with the MSIA are great the imports seem much nicer, they have better paintjobs and there are more available.

chris

i forgot about some of the others, i only thought about the big two. the HCM PRO are very nice as well though they are very tiny comared to the other figures on the market, but are quite cool i recomend those as well. the EMISA are like the normal MSIA but are super poseable and seem to have very good paintjobs, also worth your money( if you plan to get any MSIA of the MK-II or Gouf just get these versions instead) the MMMGQ, are diecast toys those look quite nice, but something tells me you are looking at the normal figures and not the bigger diecast toys. the Arch Enemies seem like bigger versions of the MSIA (am i wrong?) you can find the seed ones cheap at KB toys lately.

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

well for the AE strike it's pretty much a bigger verison of the MSIA but with a bit more detail/coloring, with a tad better in posablity. But for the AE Tallgeese and Wing Zero they are way better than their MSIA line,, everything were improved :)

Oh on GFF you might wan to take a look at their new Cosmic Region,, from the looks of the samples they might have pretty good posablity too.

I used to be a chogokin freak but no a days they hard to find and get, so it`s plastic...........MSIA & EMSIA for me :) .

Very simple if you want cheap, possible and playable MSG figures then it the MSIA (my favorite) or like what Zero-mare said just for display than it`s Gundam Fix and they are a bit pricey !

MSIA :

http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljlist.cgi?Ser...ry=SciGun&Dis=2

EMSIA :

Gundam Fix Figuration :

Other :

HCM-Pro :

GQ Model :

well for the AE strike it's pretty much a bigger verison of the MSIA but with a bit more detail/coloring, with a tad better in posablity.  But for the AE Tallgeese and Wing Zero they are way better than their MSIA line,, everything were improved :)

Oh on GFF you might wan to take a look at their new Cosmic Region,, from the looks of the samples they might have pretty good posablity too.

yea i know about the Cosmic Region i have the actual pic of the painted Force Impulse, the second one in the series will be the Freedom Gundam, Since they will be doing figures from both Seed and Seed Destiny i am hoping for some Astrays and a full weapons set Strike Gundam, here is the link to the finished Cosmic Region Force Impulse, it will be out in March.

Cosmic Region Force Impulse

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

Hey Guys, I'm looking at these Gundam figures and they look pretty cool. I thought they would be kinda cool play with. Do they handle well? Are they posable. Which one should I get?

Mobile Suit in Action: non-scaled, child's plaything (throw them against the wall, nothing breaks except maybe some body parts fall off), fairly poseable, worst in terms of proportion accuracy. This line includes the "Advanced" line which actually blew, and the "Extended" line which are basically re-makes of old and crappy versions with newer joint designs and better proportions.

Kado Senshi chogokin toys: 1/144 scale, anime-accurate, king of posability, tons of accessories, worth every penny IMO.

Gundam FIX Figuration: 1/144 scale, non-lineart accurate (proportions and other details being modified by Katoki's staff), looks good on display but not very poseable (low fun factor if playing with them is big on your list).

HCM Pro: smaller than 1/144 scale, very poseable for their size, but details are not too accurate.

Arch Enemy: 1/100 scale, kinda hit and miss between poseability and details. The Wing pair are good but the 0079 pair kinda suck.

DX MSiA: large sized (about 1/72) figures. Not the most poseables around, but if sheer size and presence floats your boat, the limited lineup (GP01Fb, GP02A, Nu Gundam and Sazabi) means it's easy to complete your collection. While not technically part of the line, the 1/60 Wing Gundam and 1/60 F91 toydels have sometimes been grouped in this same category.

MS in Pocket: out of production since the early 1990s, this line consists of over a dozen designs from V Gundam and the Gundam F91.

1/100 G Gundam figures: 2 lines were made. The HK reissue based on the Japanese original was made using cheesy looking materials, much like the HK/US reissue of the 1/60 Wing Gundam

Micro Gundams: basically HCM Pro from the early 1990s.

Edited by Jolly Rogers